Movie you've never heard of makes a billion dollars

>movie you've never heard of makes a billion dollars
Goodbye Hollywood, this really is the end

1 out of 20 chinese went to watch this movie and it will already make a billion

>I'm an uncultured retard who only watches capeshit and thinks only America makes movies

>Goodbye Hollywood, this really is the end
>>I'm an uncultured retard who only watches capeshit and thinks only America makes movies

No, I think OP is making a point I've tried to make repeatedly. People don't seem to understand this. One in five people on the planet is Chinese. Not Asian, a Chinese national.

A fifth of the world's population as a market is something Hollywood jerks off thinking about. The US has 300 million people, of which a good chunk don't even speak english.

Once China gets out of the pits completely it will eclipse all other entertainment markets on the planet, thus drawing in the talent from a pure profit motive. This at a time when Hollywood is struggling to stay upright. China is already sucking in Hollywood stars for various guest parts in their movies just because they can. And the stars go because they're paid well. That's the end of Hollywood long term. You can't keep people exclusive. They'll scalp not just actors but the cinematographers, the CGI artists, the fucking set production companies.

literal garbage by the looks of it

I'm sorry that free markets bother you when other cultures are better at it?

No, that's you're mom that's garbage.

Where did you get from that post that he was bothered?

>They'll scalp not just actors but the cinematographers, the CGI artists, the fucking set production companies.
The fact that you think these people only come from the States is telling.

alright buddy

Obviously not but right now Hollywood scalps them from Britain/France/Germany/Spain/South Korea/etc.

So I got around to watch the first one
Shit was practically live action breed of anime and CoD

Is that good or bad.

>that free markets bother you

No. I'm literally explaining to brainlets what will inevitably happen because of the numbers.

>The fact that you think these people only come from the States is telling.

They're all currently in the "States" working for Hollywood because that's where the money is. Are you people fucking retarded?

The wider perspective on this to critique is what will happen to entertainment once it's dominated by a culture that doesn't share our fundamental values at all. You may scoff at the tropes Hollywood inserts, appeals to patriotism, maudlin garbage about freedoms, or the newer "fuck traditional values" narratives, but Chinese culture is far more alien than any of that.

We're currently playing out what people consider culture wars here in the west, but that's a neighbourhood skirmish compared to what's coming.

A little of both
It's bad in the sense that the plot is overdone in Hollywood (but not in China) and the Chinese nationalism is really strong, complete with baka gaijin level of shit
It's good in the sense that the action is solid or at lest competent. It's cliche but well executed cliche.

I would recommend a watch if you got nothing better to do or stuck on a plane ride for 3 hours, but I don't recommend going out of your way to see it unlike you are a fellow Chink

I saw this movie. It was alright. Pretty run of the mill action movie with some China stronk undertones.

>uniromically using the term "culture war" just because everyone hates the retard President we have.

Aren't all Chinese films full of china """strong""" themes? From wuxia/martial arts to fantasy to military?

>They're all currently in the "States" working for Hollywood because that's where the money is
That clearly isn't true when nearly every film panders to Asian audiences and makes three times overseas then they do domestically.

>uniromically
The state of leftists.

>everyone who hates Trump is some cartoon "leftist" caricature
This meme still?

Yeah but this one was a bit more genuine in that the protagonist wasn't just a good cookie cutter party member.

nip chong mekong

go drink some clean water and breath clean air.. OH WAIT

>The wider perspective on this to critique is what will happen to entertainment once it's dominated by a culture that doesn't share our fundamental values at all. You may scoff at the tropes Hollywood inserts, appeals to patriotism, maudlin garbage about freedoms, or the newer "fuck traditional values" narratives, but Chinese culture is far more alien than any of that.
You sound brainwashed.

you sound like a chinky
how small is your cock anyways??

Not to the extent of military films
Wuxia and fantasy are usually just guys with swords flying around, not a lot of whiteys in those films.
Military films are more likely to be nationalistic because the enemies are usually foreigners if not the nips, so the Long Live Party schtick is more in your face

Better than John Wick, Baby Driver or whatever other garbage amerisharts produce desune

cool jet li!

That's obviously Donnie Yen

>Heidi Moneymaker as Athena, the sharpshooter and most agile of the Dylan Corps mercenaries.
What the actual fuck.

>teehee small peepee

How does a sequel make 10 times more than the first movie?

Thank fuck, even though we're enemies, Gooks and white bois get on just right, this is the end of the black in films

I love it. Action movies should embrace their silliness.

>doesn't even know what scalping means

>Drumpf invented the concept of a culture war!

Ask me how I know you got held back a year in school.

Yes, just like how Hollywood used to have MURRIKA STRONK themes. It comes from being confident in your own culture's superiority, something Americans in general no longer feel but which is still the norm in China.

>ITS SOOOOO SMALLLLLLLLLL

your mom craves a big black dick

Is this chinese Mad Max?

>HURR muh dick!

Don't you ""people"" make fun of blacks for going on about dick size?

>Our Violinist Killer-fu from John Wick 2 is in the movie

damm I need to watch it now

>her name is Heidi Moneymaker

heh

>I'm sorry that free markets bother you when other cultures are better at it?
china is not a free market, dumb nigger. china has a quota on how many movies it allows into its country.

By chinese you mean only mainland or Taiwan/HK too?

one out of every 5 lifeforms is also an ant, goodbye humanity

I never said that either, are you illiterate?

>china is not a free market
Lol it is you fucking brainlet, China is barely even Communist anymore when it comes to business enterprise. So really, you're just mad that a "Communist" state does the free market better than America.

How long for Chinese cinema to reach at least South Korea levels? And why there was no progress for all this time, considering they had Hong Kong talents and experience since 90s

Glad to see Wu Jing career going strong.

>South Korea levels
I get it you love your dramas but you're have to be crazy to think South Korean films are just on some other level.

>south korean dramas
>implying theyre not all just about the IJA and IJN getting destroyed by USAF and USN
All their dramas are just a projection of how asspained they are at Japan.

i welcome this new age of east-asian cinema

I watched Winners & Sinners yesterday. Chink-kino has potential.

They figured out our formula.
>murica stronk
>universal values like life, liberty etc.
>save poor people with military, freedom!!!!
Only took them 50 years

You want Chinese kino watch Shaolin (2011).

But it's not a character name, it's an actual person

Thanks for the recommendation.

>not watching wolf warrior kino

You some kind of racist?

>a good chuck on American don't speak english

You sure are a fucking retard

>wolf warrior isn't playing at your kino-plex

You some kind of rural faggot?

I don't watch korean tv production at all, but you are delusional if you are denying that movies of Bong Joon-ho or Park Chan-wook were major breaktrough for asian cinema

I recommend you to read comment section under HK handover videos
Even Sup Forums at it's prime isn't capable of shitposting at this level

having seen some of this one will say it's a fun
throwback to 90's hong kong kung fu movies
with a sense of just pure adventure...
ended up seeing the first movie on netflix which is pure china propaganda... this one though is
fun, though, an hour into it, im sure they
will put more chinese propaganda in it...
that said, it's the same sort of jingoistic stuff you'd see in battleship (in the first one, not that i see any an this one an hour in)

so what has this guy said?

>china is slowly taking over africa and hollywood
White man ain't gonna be the big bad villain much longer