What happened to the libertarian movement? Did it die when Ron Paul lost in 2012...

What happened to the libertarian movement? Did it die when Ron Paul lost in 2012? I don't encounter nearly as many libertarians on here or even other websites nowadays.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNuHRyip3iA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the what?

They all cucks now, senpai

theyre in a lepo now

Still here, deal with the fact we mostly care more about the culture at large at the moment and hence go with Trump, at least for me

Even if he is a plant, he has shifted things so far right that he won't be able to pull it back even if he tried

Voting Trump or pretending to be Libertarian and voting for someone else.

They rather risk it with Trump than with Clinton

Well if Gary Johnson was an actual libertarian instead of some progressive liberal cleric I would gladly vote for him. Unfortunately I'm voting for Trump.

All he does is praise Sanders and write essays against Islamophobia now. Completely cucked.

We are still here but since the libertarian party chose a non libertarian douche when they had no chance to begin with, we're all Trump supporters now.

I mean I wouldn't even throw someone ELSE'S vote away for Gay Johnson

No they're with El Leppo searching for a "plethora" of delegates.

I like how audit the fed became a meme for candidates

They're busy splitting the conservative vote.

Conservatives chose an authoritarian candidate. Maybe america needs a third party.

It's stronger than ever.

Trump is the only hope for libertarianism in the future

Rand Paul is currently the Lion of the Senate and he will be back in 4 years to run again. Til then he will probably provide us with a few more comfy filibusters. Gary Johnson is a retard.

Ron Paul, arguably the smartest man the Libertarians had in recent years, retired. His son Rand has no charisma and no bite to his message. Johnson is a leftist in disguise, and half of the libertarians know this.

But honestly, if Trump never stepped in the race we probably would've memed Johnson or Rand. However neither have the strength to beat Hillary.

>Gary Johnson is a retard
>Trump isn't

>implying Bernie would actually audit the fed
>implying Bernie didn't destroy the Audit the Fed bill at the last second before it went to Congress

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNuHRyip3iA

Fuck that kike, I never forgot what he did to Ron Paul, and fuck him for trying to run for president only to fuck everyone over at the last second, just like that Audit the Fed bill.

Thanks for correcting the record.
0.05 cents have been deposited into your account

Nice post, but I'm curious, what would you do about Aleppo?

Also make sure your answer doesn't include the phrase "illegal immigrant", that's incendiary.

Johnson is a faggot, Liberal SJW cuck and his VP pick is a gungrabber

I'm hoping Trump's new coalition has more room for libertarians and libertarian conservatives. Movement conservatism is dead and it's about fucking time.

Ron Paul was too much, too hard, too fast IMO.
Libertarians want to get 'there' in one move. They don't get the total subversion of our culture. We have kids coming out of college thinking capitalism is evil and communism is good. They don't know the first thing about economics or the free market. These kids can't even crawl and libertarians think they can get them to run.

The left plays the long game so much better.

Plus they are really fragmented. Ask 10 libertarians what their version of gov looks like, and you'll get 10 different answers.

Cultural schism. On one hand you have molyneux and on the other you have social justice taint and male feminists from Bleeding Heart Libertarians. One half showed their true crazy colours and the other become jaded by the red pill and recent global trends. No more movement full of people unified on the NAP. Now the fight for civilization begins.

Fuck Clinton and fuck Trump. I'm voting Ron Paul. The only politician I've ever agreed with.

The party chose Johnson over AP because name recognition is more important than principles.

We support Trump

>Audit the fed
>no lobbyist control
>non-interventionist foreign policy
>free market capitalism
>Pro gun
>LGBT
>Capitalism
>Block Hillary

Also the whole idea that we need to take the presidency first and not legislative office to establish the party is pants on head retarded.

They either turned into nu-male cucks or joined the alt-right

what this user said

I supported him in 08 and 12 and this is very true.

This. They went Bernie or Trump.. or liked both and watched Bernie cuck out and then went full on Trump. I'm the latter.

Trips o truth

Yes, it died.
In 2012 it has been defeated in its final and ultimate form.
One of the movements may be defeated in a similar fashion this year as well.

wait I thought he died in 2012? isn't that why his son took over?

guys Im freaking out. its the fucking mandela effect again

I agree with just about everything you say here, but then the question is what is the long-game towards a libertarian future? How do you sell the entitled masses on eliminating dem programz? I don't see how any playbook would dream up Trump as a first step towards accomplishing the goal.

Libertarians squabble over details, there is a lot they could unite and fight together over especially considering the current status quo.

Long time libertarian here.

Voting for Trump. Johnson is everything that is wrong with the libertarian party. He turned the party of principle into the party of weed smoking hypocritical hippies.

I thought he started a series of private schools but was "accidentally" shot during marksmanship classes one day.

If libertarians wanted to be a real party, then they would -

- pick a candidate that has libertarian values
- not waste money on hopeless presidential runs
- instead, win a few house/senate seats (very doable) and build a base, sometimes having the power to flip the vote on social/economic issues

Not all that complicated.

This election, Trump is the much better candidate, even for libertarians.

>Audit the fed
>no lobbyist control
>non-interventionist foreign policy
>free market capitalism
>Pro gun
>LGBT
>Capitalism
>Block Hillary

He also caused a huge decline in American's trust in the mainstream media, which is great.

FUCK PUSSY LIBERTARIANS I AM A WHIG NOW

Constitutional conservatism died with Barry Goldwater and libertarians have been unsuccessful ly trying to bring it back from the dead since the 1980s