Starcrushed*, Just Friends*, Starco wrecked?

How Bad would the shitstorm be if Starco is not endgame here and outside of Sup Forums?

>not putting "Star vs" anywhere in the op so people can't find it from the archives
why do people still do this
its not that hard to put the name of the show in the op

consider deleting the thread and making a new one

Reposting because apparently noone has learned yet.

People freaking out over the episode titles are so dumb.

How do you write a good story? YOU GIVE IT FUCKING CONFLICT.

Is the hero supposed to defeat a dragon?
> On the next episode, what if the hero DOESN'T defeat the dragon?!?!?
Is the hero supposed to stop an ancient curse from destroying the town?
> On the next episode, what if the hero DOESN'T stop the evil curse?!?!111!!
Is the hero supposed to hook up with the girl she's had a crush on for two seasons?
> On the next episode, what if the girl HOOKS UP with someone else entirely? What if it's a BOY and we're suddenly worried the girl might be STRAIGHT?! What if she refers to the protagonist as her girlfriend, but she means it colloquially, like "hey girlfriend!"?!?!?!111one!!//1/!?

Basic. Basic. Basic storytelling tropes.

Also: how have people not realized that this is basically just genius marketing on Disney's part.

> How do we get people hyped for the second half of the season?
> We *could* launch a marketing campaign that would cost [lots and lots of money] dollars
> We don't have [lots and lots of money] dollars.
> Okay, why don't we leak the episode titles. Better yet, we'll give them incendiary names so that people will freak out. They'll share that info, doing all the marketing FOR US!
> Yay! Cigars and cocaine all around!
> Where'd we get Cigars and Cocaine???
> Where do you think [lots and lots of money] dollars went??

People are freaking out? I thought we were all just shitposting.

Same thing, really. We're so afraid of genuine emotional connections that we bury it under layers of ironic distancing and innuendos, and then call it "shitposting".

In all honesty I'd like Jarco to be endgame just to shake things up and break trope. The two best friends shacking up has been done to death, let's go Wonder Years in this bitch

>Jarco
>Not Manna

Janna is too much of a stalker and gypsy but say there was no Star then Janna would be the wild and crazy Marco wanted in his life and you'd have something

Disney has finally gone mad, new episodes air at 12:30AM

For real. It'd be refreshing to see a cartoon lead actually coping with being "just friends" with their crush instead of being rewarded their love for easy audience satisfaction.

what date?

Yeah. Everyone would surely enjoy it if that ever happened.

Gravity Falls dealt with it nicely in the bunker episode. For most of the second season, it was never brought up again.

Then that shitty roadtrip episode happened and they made Dipper creepy and obsessive again just for plot and cheap laughs.

How is that supposed to work? Hell, when I was a kid it was hard enough to catch new episodes after school time, around 3 PM. How is a kid going to manage 12:30 AM on a Weekday? Don't they want to make money from their audience?

It's not some sort of vacation week over at the US or anything?

What?
You consider Sup Forums shitposts and autism a viable marketing campaign?
No one cares outside these threads.

on one hand I respect this, on the other hand I can't help but like the Kim/Ron and Star/Marco pairings

I thought Harry Potter did a good job of handling a platonic relationship between Harry and Hermione, but then they never expressed interest in each other to begin with and later on being "just friends" wasn't even an issue because they fell in love with different characters.

This woman

This woman is a madwoman

I knew things were going to be ugly but this is getting out of hand

ends with Star finding love in Janna's arms

This. It is obvious Starco is endgame and that Jackie just exists to create conflict in the relationship. I mean I guess most of you are guys have never seen a romance movie or read a romance novel before but at least some of you have watched a harem anime right?

Didn't Rowling say she made a mistake in not pairing Harry and Hermione? I don't think she did. I hated Ginny but Hermy and Ron was perfect.

Heh, I don't see any proofs. W-We'll be fine.

>The two best friends shacking up has been done to death
Where?

Well, there's also people freaking out on Tumblr.

And on Reddit.

And on Twitter.

And on any other social media site.

And the marketing push doesn't need to be literally bigger than Jesus to represent respectable gains to Disney.

Because it works most of the time, the opposite sex bff will always have a closer relationship to the MC than a crush or stalker will ever do.

Ehh. She said that Ginny, in hindsight, felt more like a self-insert character than a character in her own right, and that if she had been indulging "Artistic Integrity", she would have paired Harry/Hermione. Also, I guess she felt that Ron/Hermione wouldn't have had "real" romantic chemistry.

Which. I mean. She also thought it was convincing to call American Muggles "NoMaj", so who the hell thinks she's an expert on anything? =D

My lamppost in this conversation is that, as a young reader reading Harry Potter, I never once felt like there was anything resembling sexual tension between Harry and Hermione, but I also didn't feel it between Ron and Hermione either, so I'm probably the exact wrong person to ask. I definitely think Ron/Hermione was a better call than Harry/Ginny, but if it had been up to me, I wouldn't have paired any of the triangle with anyone else in the triangle.

And yet I'm a Starco shipper.

I guess the lesson here is that the answer to the question of "Should you take the besties and pair them off romantically?" ended up being "Sometimes. Maybe the work 'think' isn't a four letter word."

Starco is the obvious endgame, but they can't help but make it as slow and painful as possible.

There's a "pairing the male and female leads" scenario that I do object to, and that's when they're part of a larger cast and don't have any particular chemistry or strong relationship within it, but simply get pushed together because they both have top billing/are the most popular characters. That feels kind of shallow when it's done (but I can't offhand think of any examples of that being done purely - oh! There was an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise where they tried to set up Archer and T'pol; stuff like that!)

But that's clearly not what's happening with Star and Marco. Their relationship in particular gets so much attention: just look at the intro! They don't just have top billing; they're also much closer to each other than they are to anyone else. Pairing them up wouldn't be a soulless grab at another quadrant; it would probably be really true to the characters as they've been established.

Agree with this. It actually makes sense for them to end up together, it feels right.

fukken masochists

Here are four possible interpretations for what the Blood Moon's appearance in Bon Bon means, ordered from most anti-Starco to most pro-Starco, roughly:

1. Anti-Starco: the Blood Moon is a malevolent force that means to trample over Marco and Star's free will and force them together whether Marco wants it or not. The Blood Moon is an antagonist to be thwarted, and Starco a doom to be avoided.

2. Neutral: there is no particular romantic connotation to the Blood Moon and its appearance during Marco and Jackie's kiss was a coincidence. It merely served to warn Marco that his soul-bond partner was in danger, because Ludo showed up around that same moment. (That it didn't show itself to Star at the moment of Marco's nighttime kidnapping by Toffee's forces in Storm the Castle is something this theory seems to leave unexplained.)

3. Pro-Starco I: the Blood Moon appeared when Jackie and Marco kissed to remind Marco who his soulmate really was, because he was kissing the wrong girl.

4. Pro-Starco II: the Blood Moon's appearance was all in Marco's head, with no magic involved: it simply represented the fact that when Marco kissed Jackie, he found himself thinking of another night with another dance with another girl; it's Star who really has Marco's heart and he hasn't consciously realized it yet.

Anyone got any others? Which do you think is most likely?