Does anyone actually like the O5?

Does anyone actually like the O5?

Are we talking about cyclops,iceman, Jean, beast, and angel in general or the o5 from the past? If it's in general yes I like them but if it's them from the past no I don't really like them in today's books but I did like the solo cyclops book

The O5 as a team, featuring O5 character interactions and no one else.

As X-Factor, they were great. Not so much as X-Men.

I like the Louise Simonson era X-Factor and that's it with just them

X factor O5 were pure gold and severely underrated, from teen O5 only tykeclops is bearable

I used to like Beast and Iceman. It's gotten pretty hard to.

I can't stand them in any era. Even the original X-Factor I hated the O5 and only liked the side characters like Skids, Rictor, Boom Boom ect.

the 60's comics are pretty simple and dopey. They have some neat ideas, but they are practically an entirely different art form and even continuity.

Yep, pre-Byrne/Claremont was a really different beast of a series.

Pretty much this. The O5 from the 60s were not X-Men, or at least not in the way we recognize them so for the most part, their stories range from 'decent' to 'good'.

However, during their X-Factor days when the world of X-Men had been substantially built up, that's when they shined. This was because their characters had been completely defined and fleshed out for the most part. Iceman and Angel had been on the Champions, helped the defenders and so on. Beast had been an Avenger, having a few more adventures and interactions with other heroes apart from the X-Men. Cyclops had been built up substantially during the Bryne/Claremont series and Jean had one of the best arcs in it. So when they reunited, it felt like a real class reunion. They had grown and developed so there were more stories to be told.

Bendis' O5 on the other hand are weak because it does not feel like a 'blast from the past'. None of the plot points from the original series are followed up on and the characters do not have any of the chemistry they once did.

just Bendis and whatever group cooked up the X-Factor shit

the concept of the X-men was great but it was mostly dreck until Claremont came in

I hate X-Factor looking back, as it was an editorial mandated series that gutted the plot of the main X-man series and derailed decades of relationships and characterization, which can still be felt today.

Bendis.

Yes I used to like them alot

until Iceman became gay

they should have Titans tier reboot where they reunites

They are like the Teen Titans
Cyclops = Robin with lasers
Jean = Raven
Beast = beast bot
Iceman = Starfire reverse
Angel should be rebooted into a cyborg archangel that will fix the wing problem

I thought archangel was already a cyborg, what with the metal wings apocalypse gave him

the only O5 worth a shit are from the comic pictured here

>ITT: People pretend to like Layton's X-Factor

I liked them in X-Factor, yes. Simonson did a fine job

I want a sombra like hacker or blue beetle type

This. X-Factor ruined the mainline Claremont series. They had a major impact on every crossover, they're whole gimmick of "mutant hunters" didn't really fit in with the X-Men stuff at the time and of course they destroyed Cyclops character and made Maddie join the X-Men even though she wasn't even part of the team.

For fucks sakes Magneto it's not like the costume is something you HAVE to wear

It gets even better. The first encounter the Claremont team have with Magneto is
him living in the back of a carnival carriage

No his wings were just changed to metal

Yup

I like Beast and Cyclops.

Blame marvel for that. They wanted to sell toys and more crossover events. The late 80's is exactly then they started to shift the brand into something else.