"you can wake-up in a world where you'll feel completely alienated due to your being absent through the last 150 years...

>"you can wake-up in a world where you'll feel completely alienated due to your being absent through the last 150 years of human history, technological advancement and social change, and the fact that all your friends and relatives are now dead; with nothing to guarantee that it is, in fact, the real world
>or
>you can instead live in a world where you are in control of absolutely everything and all your desires can come true, which basically allows you to live a perfect life indefinitely or until you wish it to stop"
>I think I'll wake up now, I really need to get my face fixed up

Exist in a happy delusion or exist in the real world with serious difficulties.

If you chose the former you were raised by a single mother.

I'm Tom Cruise so who gives a fuck where I live

waking up 150 years from now is beyond your imagination for better or worse

>waking up to Cameron Diaz swallowing your cum

>waking up to Cameron Diaz
spooky

>real world
Can you prove that?

wat. his world became a nightmare.

Yeah, but the 'technician' was going to resolve the issue. It came down to whether or not Cruise had grown since he first entered the project. Alternatively, his reason for being frozen could have been to wait for the technology to arrive to fix his conditions.

You can just go back to your little dream world if you don't like reality. Wake up, see what it's like and then make your decision

Reality. I don't care how dark and evil it is reality is at least real.

But there's no way to know reality is real.
Actual "reality" could not be such and you'd never tell.

Yeah, but is there really that much of a difference? If you're receiving the same stimulus and are unaware of being in a simulation, then there isn't a real difference. People just fetishize authenticity. It's the same way people with people who say that vinyl sounds better because it's more authentic, but they're objectively wrong.

Depends if you subscribe to the writings of Descartes

You have to subscribe to his writings because he proves theres no way to prove what we're experiencing is real

Well, atleast we still have our thoughts

...or do we?

I always figured it was the same choice that the doctor gives Quaid in Total Recall, except Cruise believes the outsider and chooses to exit. Imagine if the movie played out that it was reality all along and Cruise had gone delusional from his facial injury and created a scenario to escape it that resulted in his death. Much more powerful message there.

TECH SUPPPOORRRTTT

it's the one certainty we have after all

cypher was right all along

But he cheated by being able to remove the knowledge of his surroundings not being real.

Always thought this kind of material was a very strange fit for Cameron Crowe. Imagine if David Fincher or Terry Gilliam had made this instead.

Gilliam would do it well. Fincher I couldn't see it being good.