Toonami Ratings for 1/7/17

GiTS SAC will replace OPM on February 4th. Just what we need, another rerun that has aired a million times.

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. 10 episodes in length, TV14 minimum, set to premier 2017.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Ok, last week was shit, nobody was surprised. This week we have huge schedule changes. For Toonami we have Super, Kai Buu and Unicorn starting. Super is a new concept we have never had happen before, it premieres outside Toonami and then reruns right at the start. So let's take this one chunk at a time
>Super
It's 8pm premiere was completely unadvertised and brought a million viewers, not bad at all. Time will tell if people prefer that one or the 11:30 one. The 11:30 showing pulled average Toonami viewers with 1.3mil
>Kai
To many people, this isn't "new", but more of an expectation. Even so, 1.1mil viewers is a little weak for a dub premiere
>Gundam
Very poor showing for the first episode. Admittedly the first episode is pretty boring so maybe the next will do better. Interesting note, some ratings sites still list this as IBO.

As for everything else, pretty average. Good news for Jojo, it held an excellent amount of viewers from Kai, a big improvement from last year. Bad news, everything after Unicorn failed to make the top 100 chart. It's early to say, but having a double showing of Super appears to be hurting the rest of Toonami.

PROGRAM Viewers(000) A1849rating A1849(000)
11:30 Dragon Ball Super 1369 0.651 835
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 1124 0.515 641
12:30a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 900 0.439 563
1:00a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 747 0.353 453

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 679 0.303 389
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 675 0.306 393
2:30a One Piece 554 0.25 328
3:00a One Punch Man (r) 581 0.272 349

Other urls found in this thread:

adultswim.com/adultswimdynsched/asXml/15.EST.xml
adultswim.com/videos/schedule/
youtube.com/watch?v=0fSoYOyxfS0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good start for 8pm Super

8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.58 1063 0.399
8:30 American Dad (r) 0.54 853 0.367
9:00 American Dad (r) 0.64 998 0.486
9:30 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.64 1009 0.497

10:00 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.73 1153 0.562
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.83 1316 0.638
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1629 0.733

Comedy reruns embarrassed the second half of Toonami

3:30a American Dad (r) 565 0.271
4:00a American Dad (r) 656 0.313
4:30a Bob’s Burgers (r) 659 0.299

5:00a Bob’s Burgers (r) 660 0.302
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 701 0.328

Where's that user who said 1.5 million people were watching Super at 8?

And how many people believed him?

I just wanna see the ratings, I really don't care about this gloom and doom you feel obligated to post every week.

No one did because there's no way to know viewership numbers during airing

Best

Well Demarco, I'm sure you get the ratings delivered to you desk every week so you don't need to come here. If you want more positive notes, build a less shitty schedule that will pull better ratings

So how many of the 8pm watchers would have been at the 11:30 showing if the 8pm one wasn't there? Im sure there was a lot of people who watched both not expecting a rerun

>SUPER IS THE SAVIOR OF TOONAMI
>RECORD HIGH RATINGS INBOUND
>APOLOGIZE TO DEMARCO

HAHAHAHA WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE AT THAT SAID THESE THINGS?

Damn. Million plus ratings for 8:00 and 11:30 Super. Bretty good.

Shame the block fell apart after Jojo. Gundam did shit, and One Piece did atrociously.

8 PM hour on weekends is fucking STACKED now:
>Saturday
8:00 - Dragon Ball Super premiere
8:30 - Samurai Jack
>Sunday
8:00 - The Brak Show
8:15 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast
8:30 - Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
8:45 - Sealab 2021

Sure it's blatant nostalgia pandering, but I vastly prefer it to FOX shows.

I keep seeing this with no real source. TVGuide has nothing changed

I felt the same way but it's up on the backdoor schedule now. Jack will probably last but the Sunday schedule won't reach February

Nigga, it's real:
adultswim.com/adultswimdynsched/asXml/15.EST.xml

Adult Swim changed the schedule last Thursday, so I doubt cable providers have updated theirs yet. Mine still said IBO was on instead of Unicorn.

>I felt the same way but it's up on the backdoor schedule now
It was always up on the backdoor. That's where the info came from in the first place. The only reason people doubted it is because some moron thought the backdoor was fake.

The 8pm numbers are good but the 11:30 really isn't. 1.3mil is pretty pitiful for something that had so much hype and advertising for it

>legitimate celebrities shill Toonami
>still get trash ratings

True, but maybe people got confused over the fact that the new episode was technically at 8 on their cable box, so they watched that.

If it had just premiered at 11:30 without the 8:00 showing, I guarantee you it would have easily gotten between 1.5 and 2 million viewers

Yea I believe it. Starting Toonami off with a rerun didn't work so hot last time

So when Stardust Crusaders ends, are there any chances Diamond is Unbreakable's dub will be ready?

Pretty much 100%? Viz already has the rights, it's already over in Japan, and Stardust Crusaders is like a year long.

Wish they would reair Space Dandy at 3 desu

> I'll try calling them DeMarco, that's a neat trick

Grow up, your gimmick got old and and nobody likes you trying to spoonfeed "Toonami is dead" every week.

M8 we don't even know if we are getting SC yet

I only post the facts m8, if the ratings were actually good this week I would have acted as such. If you want a hugbox that wanks off poor ratings as acceptable I suggest a trip to Reddit is in order for you

Then just look at them on programming insider.

It'd be really surprising if we didn't, it's literally Jojo to most people.

When will Demarco learn?

It's most definitely a Toei requirement, they should have either expanded Toonami to 8 (ha) or put it in the rerun spot to bolster ratings there.

Very interesting look at last week. I hope people stick with Unicorn, since it has more action than IBO did ultimately. Nonetheless, gloom and doom aside, we've reached a (mostly) steady equilibrium.

Right? I get having DB there for the kiddies and toy sales, but why a first run episode?

The other thing to remember with Unicorn is that Unicorn starts pretty late, after Jojo.

If you hate Toonami so much just stop posting the ratings, you've clearly given yourself unreasonable expectations that the actual block will never be able to meet. Just fuck off and leave the rest of us alone.

DB Super is garbage. Toei might have had properties like DB Super and SM Crystal spread like wildfire and really rake in those nostalgia bucks if they had invested real time and talent into it, but they always cheap out

Yeah but Episode 2 is a lot of setup and exposition. Episode 1 actually had a ton of action, opening with terrorism, then the Marida v. Job John battle, and the Unicorn flying around.

adultswim.com/videos/schedule/
So Jack is reairing again. And with any luck, Super as a lead-in will give it some solid ratings.

One Punch Meme fans are so easy to spot

Again, probably a Toei requirement that it has to premiere as early as possible. Otherwise I imagine it'd be a rerun situation.

the ratings are garbage, if it airs Demarco will have literally killed the block for the sake of memes

Fucking nips, don't they know how American tv works?

Should know how faggy Toei is already.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around Super so far. You have plots like the GoTrunks stuff that's wackier than most of the original manga, and on the other you have the more traditional plots like the tournaments and Goku Black. But it doesn't feel like there's sufficient buildup for those more traditional arcs, so they feel out of place in a show who's only impetus to exist was as a recap of the movies.

Anything that comes on past midnight will always get "trash ratings". If bad ratings were so damned important they would have stopped with anime on Saturday nights ages ago but they kept at it regardless.

Considering the Jojo dub is more than a year old I'm surprised it's doing as well as it is. Stardust Crusaders would probably be a premiere, so it'd definitely do better.

>8:30 - Samurai Jack
Does this mean they're gonna rerun Samurai Jack until they premier the new season? As in, the new season airs directly after 52.

They need to rerun both seasons of Black Lagoon including Roberta's Blood Trail

Now if only Toonami had a real set of brass balls they would air all of Speed Grapher uncut like IFC did a few years back. Thank you, IFC, for getting me into an awesome anime.

Hell, they could even go old school and scoop up The Irresponsible Captain Tylor since TOM loves the theme of space so much.

No because that means it wouldn't air until next year. It's probably just a hype builder.

How far into part 2 is jojo on toonami?

We just got past the 3rd episode of Part 2 on Saturday.

Two eps.

Or just have Super at 8. It doesn't HAVE to be on Toonami

How about you fuck off? I want the block to succeed but Demarco keeps fucking it up. If you note I actually praised Jojo this week after months of shitting on it because it actually did good in comparison with the shows around it for once. I'm not against praising the block performance but I'm not gonna sit here and lie because it's hurts your feefees.

Like I said, if you wanna jerk off Demarco and pretend these numbers are good then go to Reddit where they do that every week

>t. Someone who wasn't watch when Toonami was getting solid ratings

Is this real?

Better question is does Demarco know how TV works
>finally get Toonami on AS
>pack it full of kiddie garbage that could air on CN
>one literally has a toy line in North America for children

You forgot to change it from IBO to Unicorn. Or at least the ratings group did.

I don't understand this logic
>new viewers not interested in show
>expect them to know when it gets """good""" and mark it down on their calendar
>ratings will just magically explode that day

This applies for all shows, I hear it a lot for HxH and Jojo too. Shit, for all we know people thought IBO was still airing considering all the ratings sources list it as that

At least Dragon Ball Super is technically more adult content wise. The first three episodes so far are TV-PG-DV, TV-PG-LV, and TV-PG-LS, respectively.

All sites that post the ratings had it listed as IBO, if they don't fix it neither will I, too lazy. It still gets the point across

When are we going to get Bleach back?

>super is more adult content wise

Compared to Kai, yes.

Even Shippuden has a TV-14-DLSV rating coming up, but it's still meant for little kids.

Let's face it. Adult Swim shouldn't be airing anything TV-PG and very minimal numbers TV-14 if at all possible (preferably ones that are TV-14-DLSV, which is one step away from TV-MA). This goes for their comedies too, but especially the anime. Nobody wants to see little kiddy shonen crap.

When AS announces they are making the rest of the anime from where the old one left off. No filler, excellent pacing.

i detest long runners but would welcome this

Well since it's already full, I guess they will stop :^)

Toonami just needs to stop filling the schedule with Shounen trash.

This. A good portion of the shows on CN clock in at PG. There is no reason those should be on AS unless it's one of those oddball shows that has a PG rated episode even though everything else in the series is 14-MA

>yfw they changed Jack from Y7 to PG purely so it wouldn't look like kiddie shit was airing on AS

Still waiting for Fairy Tail. We all know it's going to happen eventually.

There's a difference between Adult Swim TV-PG and Cartoon Network TV-PG.

Do you really think this would fly on daytime CN?

youtube.com/watch?v=0fSoYOyxfS0

You can make adult-oriented humor with requiring it to be overly explicit, edgy, or offensive though. That kind of logic is how we end up with garbage like Mr. Pickles.

Plenty of the early AS shows were PG/14 are were clearly for older audiences even though they weren't that heavy on swearing, sex, violence.

Mr Pickles is actually a really good show. Don't let Sup Forums memes tell you something is bad

Honestly, I watched the first three episodes and couldn't stand it. It's just too edgy for me.

Samurai Jack is coming in March. Screencap this post.

>links to probably the only AS tier episode in the series

Yes, that could be the lost episode like every other CN show has. It doesn't nullify the fart and booger humor of the rest of the series

>Think about Adult Swim/Toonami the other day.
>Original programming.
>Fresh shows.
>All that effort put into bumps and trailers.
>Toonami now.

What's the point?

>Yes, that could be the lost episode like every other CN show has
What about the episode where McGuirk takes the school nurse home with him? Or where a naked woman comes on to him? Or where the same woman returns later and engages in foreplay with him while he's dressed in woman's clothing until he has a heart attack? Or McGuirk in general being an alcoholic? Yeah real kid friendly.

>It doesn't nullify the fart and booger humor of the rest of the series
I seriously question how much of this show you've actually watched. The only instances of any of that type of crude humor is in the 5 UPN produced episodes, with the majority of it confined to the original pilot episode.

the pilot was unbearable, I find it hard to believe the show is decent

Eh, most of the shonen shows have scenes that wouldn't fly on Cartoon Network at all. Hunter X Hunter especially, it gets bad enough that it had to be moved to a nighttime block in Japan too.

You don't have to watch more than 10 minutes of the show to know it's absolute shit.

And tv viewers agree too. That's why it was cancelled twice and banned from ever rerunning on Adult Swim again. Not even 12 Oz Mouse or Assy McGee have been banned. That's how bad Home Movies is.

Are you joking? Home Movies is LITERALLY a kids show. It fucked aired on Cartoon Network. The only reason Adult Swim kept it around was because they were desperate for filler.

That's the price of success. Once Futurama and Family Guy hit and brought mondo ratings, that became the new expectation. Since very few AS originals can compete, and since they lost Futurama, it became the Seth block.

Same happened with Toonami, ratings took precedence over airing actual good shows

Literal transcript of dialogue from "Home Movies":
>"Ew Jason, you smell bad!"
>"That's because I have excema"
>*audibly farts*
>"Jason! Gross"
>"It smells like eggs!"
>"Eggs-ema! Get it?!"
>"Jason, that's disgusting!"
>"I can make the poo go in and out of my butt"
>"Jason, stop!"
>"Whee! The poopy! I can feel it!"

How can anyone tell me with a straight face that this is a program targeted to mature adults?

Actually a bit different with Toonami. Ratings took top priority, but more so to prevent hasty cancellation and replacement with Seth content.

>What about the episode where McGuirk takes the school nurse home with him? Or where a naked woman comes on to him? Or where the same woman returns later and engages in foreplay with him while he's dressed in woman's clothing until he has a heart attack? Or McGuirk in general being an alcoholic? Yeah real kid friendly.

These never happened. You're making shit up to give HM more "cred" as a "legitimate" Adult Swim show. It's literally straight TV-PG across the board. No "D" (Dialogue), "L" (Language), "S" (Sex), or "V" violence subratings at all.

Literally aside from that one episode you posted, there's absolutely no swearing in the show at all. The worst thing they say is "crud" and "sucks". There's no sexual dialogue scenes or references or "nudity" whatsoever. Not even any mild violence. And the Coach isn't actually an alcoholic. That's just a retarded fan theory stemming from his irreverent behavior. They never explicitly mention him ever drinking alcohol (because this is a kid's show).

And don't forget that at the very crux of the show, the entire basis for the humor revolves around booger, fart, and poop jokes and cliche kid-friendly storylines.

Give me ONE good reason they shouldn't pull One Piece after this arc.

This is coming from an OP fan who keeps up with the most current chapter of the series, so don't accuse me of bullying OP

confirmed having never watched an episode of Home Movies in his life

McGuirk specifically drinks black hole brew

> ratings took precedence over airing good shows

So you're gonna say the year of NuToonami were the result of carefully-curated lineup picks and not the result of budget limitations?

It would make more sense to spin-off Toonami into it's own network. Bring back lower budget, highly creative stuff. Shit, Toonami Aftermath does a better job than Toonami does, desu.

>They never explicitly mention him ever drinking alcohol

you're fucking retarded

>There are people STILL defending Home Movies.
What's their endgame?

Are you joking? There's a fair amount of swearing in the show from not only the adult characters, but Brendon too. Hell, damn, bitch, bastard, and bleeped uses of "tits", "dick", "shit", and "fuck".

Several storylines also revolve around McGuirk's sexual exploits with women and he frequently obviously appears drunk, visibily drinking, and/or hungover the show and making reference to drug use, often in front of Brendon and company.

Also, there's an episode, where McGuirk is hallucinating out in the woods and sees visions of his own decapitated, bloody head and students hanging from trees, among other things.

So yeah, no it's not a kids show. And having watched a vast majority of the episodes, I can attest that the crux of the show is not "booger/fart/poop humor", however the fuck you got that idea is beyond me.

Clearly you haven't watched Home Movies at all beyond maybe half of episode 1.

Little Witch Academia on Toonami when?

never

Netflix owns the rights.

NuToonami was a ridiculous ratings improvement over ASA. Even with cheap shows

It's a longshot, even without taking into consideration that Netflix has their hands on the show. It's just barely outside the boundary of genre stuff that's good for Toonami imo.

>Home Movies is LITERALLY a kids show. It fucked aired on Cartoon Network.

So is DragonBall.

>There are people STILL salty about Home Movies' ratings 5 years ago and spouting inherently false claims about it in an anime thread on a Mongolian image forum in order to slander a show that ended 13 years ago

Look, I've been watching AS, both comedy and anime for years, and I can't believe how ignorant some people still are.

It's always the same autist who thinks any show that isn't TV-14/MA is inherently meant for children and spouts the same "home movies is booger fart humor for little kids".

And literally this is all because people were butthurt about it airing on Saturday nights YEARS ago. Home Movies was an AS' staple long before Toonami returned and will continue to be so long after this block gets replaced with Cleveland Show reruns.

>GiTS SAC will replace OPM on February 4th.

So does this mean BeBop and Big O will be back? Because I'm so fucking tired of them.