ITT Batman TAS Title cards because fuck you I'm bored

ITT Batman TAS Title cards because fuck you I'm bored.

No particular order.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Batman_Adventures
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I THREW A ROCK AT 'IM!

Crime Alley where it all started

Some of these are just shitty. It's like they took a .jpeg of egypty type things and found a font that looked somewhat presentable

Underrated episode, but I completely get why people don't like this one. It's silly as hell, but has a good underlying cheesynessity to it that I kinda dig

Bane.....yiiiisssssssssssss this was a great episode. Even though they had to tone it down quite a bit for the underage crowd.

TAS is still the best representation of Bane, aside from the comics, out there.

I always dug how they represented Batgirl in TAS. They did a good job of balancing her well. She was smart, could hold her own, but still needed help out of a jam from time to time.

Ah yes the one where the Joker befriended a small kid at a birthday party. Added a whole new level of creepiness to him. Especially if you have the comic book Joker in mind and know what he's capable of.

Now this episode I absolutely loved. I seem to be in the minority of it. But I really liked the old serial feel to it and how it showed Bruce Wayne had a bit of hero worship to the guy.

Penguin was done fairly well in TAS. The combination of high society with thug life was great. Especially in episodes like "Almost Got Him" up above.

There were no bad episodes of TAS but this was near the bottom. Basically Batman was blind. That's about it. It focused on Batman having to rely on others to help him out.

Catwoman was just awesome in TAS. She wasn't over the top 60's batman purring and making cat puns all the time. But definitely kept with the cat theme.

I liked how they really pushed that Batman both trusted her but didn't let his guard down around her.

Another Catwoman episode. I like this Title card a lot. Good classic TAS art here.

Wait, is that real? I don't remember that at all. It doesn't fit any of the other cards.

Not OP but yes, it's a weird episode that has Ras Al Ghul trying to resurrect some ancient Egyptian demon bitch for power or something. I'm literally watching the dvd that has the episode on it but I never pay much attention to that particular one.

This was a gem, OP. Let no one tell you different.

true dat, babydolls orignal episode had serious feels
wish they had of kept her this kinda heart breaking character

Everyone's favorite...uh, no, not really

I'm still convinced they made that episode as terrible as they could on purpose just to give the middle finger to the executives.

Why do people hate this one? I don't really think anything of it, but I don't remember it as the worst episode ever.

BTAS Catwoman was trash. She had very little redeeming qualities as a person and was completely incompetent.

I missed this one, probably check it out tonight

i hate to sounds like a blind fan boy but basically every episode of season one feels pretty flawless... then you reacht his one

If you're anything like me, it's because you blocked most of it out of your mind. I watched it again a few years ago, and it was truly as bad as everyone says. And I had forgot most of the plot, so it was fresh to me.

Can't be worse than literally dumbing down their show and upping the comedy just to show how pathetic the Emmys are for animation. Cause Batman Beyond did that with Egg Baby.

Not OP but this one has to be one of my favorite title cards.

DCAU Clock King was an amusing villain.

I think Bruce Timm said that there's a good idea in there, and if they had a few more weeks to break it it would have been fine, they just had to make sacrifices and this was one of them.

Along with this one...

this wasn't his intro episode right? This is the one he basically froze time like no additional reference added

And this one.

Damn, I didn't notice OP had already posted the Gray Ghost title card.

Yeah, that was his second and IIRC last appearance in Batman TAS.

I think he appeared again in Justice League as a member of the Suicide Squad?

yea. in Task Force X he was the offsite mission coordinator

damn title cards like this just made you excited for the episode

I actually enjoyed the TNBA version of Penguin more than the BTAS. "I'm a legitimate businessman" is my favorite interpretation of the character

I don't like the idea of any character that piggybacks off the success of another (Batgirl, Supergirl, Superboy, etc), but I liked how they introduced Batgirl in the show.

What's your thoughts on Gotham Penguin. And I mean before the whole gay for Riddler thing.

I feel 0 desire to watch Gotham because it looks terrible.

>That bit at the end where Bruce says the same line to Trent as both Batman and Bruce Wayne to casually reveal his identity to him

damn these are nice, wish I had posters

>There were no bad episodes of TAS
Ehh, I'd say that werewolf one was pretty bad. And the one where Catwoman becomes an actual cat-woman.

how about a title card thread in general, not just for BTAS.

>Hey, can we use this as the title card?
>No.

>Okay, but we can use this one, right? I mean, compared to the other one...
>Also no.

There were definitely a number of bad episodes.

>Batman in my basement
>Critters
>Tyger Tyger
>Love is a Croc
>Underdwellers
>Moon of the Wolf

BTAS had some amazing episodes, but there were plenty of misses to go along with the hits.

>UGH. Fine.

No fuck off

Ok first of all....I completely forgot about those lol.

Secondly I still kiiiiiind of enjoyed them when I watched them as a kid. I can see how adults didn't dig them though.

Also sorry everyone I had to go get some eggrolls. Back now and I'll continue the dump.

Ok starting back up with a strong one.

Joker kidnaps a "Family" to hold hostage and the entire episode is hilarious. Just seeing Joker in a bad christmas sweater is worth the watch.

While these aren't good episodes plot wise, I can listen to Paul Williams talk for hours on end.

John Glover is a GOAT Riddler, and even Gorshin feels off compared to how smooth Glover sounds.

Post the His Silicon Soul one, if you could. That and HARDAC are my favorite eps.

Some say that George Lucas stole the this episodes idea and rejiggered it into Revenge of the Siths final battle.

All I know is that this episode came out before he started writing that horrible movie.

Prob a coincidence though

Also this episode was great simply because it got all the stupid "Batman trains in Japan" bullshit out of the way in 30 minutes and basically never revisited it. They had a ninja show up one other time I believe and that was it.

This was a great episode, but the title card is just ok.

Good call, great episode.

looks like sonic stage font. Also the best episode

And the other.

There's a part 2 to this but it's the same title card but with a "Part II" at the bottom. Just mentioning it for the sake of completion.

>Love is a Croc
>bad
nice meme. Also it isn't part of BTAS.

I absolutely loved scarecrow in TAS.

They did a great job with him. The part where he blasts Bruce Wayne with the fear gas and Bruce walks into the gator pit is amazing.

I'm pretty sure it was already canon that Obi-Wan and Anakin fought on a lava planet.

I really like how the HARDAC episodes had those neat allusions to Blade Runner and Dick's sci-fi work in general.

....Nora........you will always warm my heart.....

That was TNBSA not TAS. Are you the user that is mixing them up?

Yeah they even used that dude that made the toys in Blade Runner as the essentially the exact same character as the voice actor lol

This. I remember some kid told me that Darth Vader fell into a volcano back when I was in third grade which was a good seven years before RotS came out. I'm more surprised that Lucas stuck to something from the EU than anything else.

I think it was something he himself thought up while working on the original trilogy.

This episode had my favorite Joker moment in any Batman cartoon ever.

Joker gets pissed and starts shooting a Tommy Gun it hits an explosive barrel in a pile of explosive barrels and causes an explosion that levels a city block and a giant chain reaction.

His response?

"Whooooopsieeeee"

I'd love to have this in HD. It'd make a badass poster.

My favorite nod was that the guy who cuilt all the robots is the same actor as the guy who designs the toys/robots in Blade Runner

First of all, it's The New Batman Adventures. Second, it's the same fucking thing. Saying they're different shows is like trying to argue that ATHF is a different show from AUPS1

The episode where Scarecrow killed Batgirl was balls fucking amazing.

I wonder if Dini ever thought that he would make an impact years later with this episode. It could be said that after this episode there was a shift into Ivy's character in the show and later in the comics

Yeah that's why I basically ignored that response lol. It had the same voice actors, the same animators, the same crew, only the rebrand of the title and a grown up/kid robin and Nightwing were different.

It wasn't from the EU, it was from Lucas's own drafts.

Still surprising he didn't change it

Once again I feel like I'm in the minority here but I liked this episode quite a bit. Loved Jonah Hex in this one. It made me wish they had made a series of just him dealing with Ra's al Ghul.

This is the best I could find. I'm sure you could find some artist who could scale it up for you.

You're not alone. I desperately wanted a Jonah Hex series based on that episode. It's still one of my favorites.

No one told him to drop the dumb shit in the prequels. While you could see some good in the prequels, him not getting filtered by actual writers and choreographers is how we got the movies we got.

But four young Oysters hurried up,
All eager for the treat:
Their coats were brushed, their faces washed,
Their shoes were clean and neat--
And this was odd, because, you know,
They hadn't any feet.

Found the Clock King intro episode title card I believe

Thanks user
Have a bump, you honorary storytimer.

This one had the best TAS character of all time.

Flipper Boy

Fuck, this is a good title card. Gives me Terminator vibes.

Goddammit hit the spoiler checkmark on accident.

Anyway

I like this Croc title card a lot.

The animation style and most of the character designs were different though. And the look of the series was changed to be less art deco/noir-y and more modern. And some of the voice actors did change.

Stop being such casuals.

Oh swank! Ty mang.

Two-Face episodes were always pretty good. My fave Two-Face moment was in "Almost got him" when Pamela Isley joined the game.

Harvey - "Grrrrr Pamela Isley. Ya know half of me wants to reach out and strangle you where you sit."

Pam - "Oh yeah Harv? Whats the other half want to do?"

Harvey - "Hit you with a truck."

Pam - "We used to date."

Rest of the rogue gallery - "Aahhhhhhhhh.."

Croc was my favorite villain as a kid because crocodilians were my favorite episodes. As an adult I can look back and realize that the DCAU episodes starring him gave him more depth than most of his comic appearances in the last 30 years. I think the whole rock throwing bit as as funny as the next guy, but Timm really did a great job with a character who really could have been relegated to just being dumb muscle.

Insinuating that those minor changes constituted an entirely new show as opposed to a new season with different art styles is retarded. When you buy the DVDs or in any other references to the show, TNBA is simply referred to as "season 2"

I'm not
But I personally really like Gotham penguin. A "legitimate businessman" type that enjoys being a thug and getting his hands dirty from time to time. I suppose he doesn't really follow through with a bird motif, but always enjoyable when on screen.

This episode, this episode right the fuck here was just perfect.

Random dude on the highway yells at the Joker as he was making a getaway. Joker ends up cornering the guy. Guy freaks out and says he'll do anything the Joker wants just don't hurt him (Says he has a wife and kids) Joker takes his license and says he'll think of something. Cut to two years later and Joker comes back to call in the favor.

>People don't think Beware is Heart of Ice tier

Some people are monsters, pure and simple user, pure and fucking simple.

TNBA isn't even season 2 you fucking casual. The Adventures of Batman & Robin was Season 2. And like I said it wasn't just different art styles. VAs changed and even the characterization of heroes and villains changed sometimes slightly sometimes greatly. It's not really considered to be the same show. Look it up.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Batman_Adventures

Was this the episode where Batman/Bruce went undercover as a bum and got caught in the slave ring? I can't remember off the top of my head.

Yep. It had Alfred fly the batplane too.

Another great episode here. From what I understand this was the inspiration for the third Bale Batman movie. If Heath Ledger hadn't died it was supposed to be him as the judge instead of Scarecrow.

But anyway this episode was great where Joker took over Arkham and put Batman on trial. He made an attorney who was dedicated to trying to get Batman arrested his defense attorney.

It was a damn good episode.

I like how Joker is often shown to not be afraid of death, but he was in this episode, because it would have been a boring death. Joker's actions being guided by his idea of what's exciting or funny is what makes him interesting to me.

I loved how they made Alfred such a subtle badass in TAS. As evident in this episode when they really delved into his past

It is. And the idea behind the episode freaked me the fuck out as a kid. Grown ass men being abducted like that.

Oh most definitely. If you've ever watched the Batman Beyond Return of the Joker movie they have the essentially die in that exact way. JJ Jr. Shoots him with the bang gun and he grabs his face just drops "That's ..... not funny at all"

Did you miss the more recent story where he's hired by some small time mobster/boss for protecting his wife and he uses Croc to build his enterprise until his jealousy and his wife's infidelity lead them both to trying to use Croc for each other's ends, leading Croc to beg to be put back in Arkham so he can get away from the psychos out in the world.