What were your first memories of this show Sup Forums?

What were your first memories of this show Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tCLD6JOduq4
youtube.com/watch?v=s29N8KL3r9k
youtube.com/watch?v=cxrPWsNvbY8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

recording the episode where they hypnotize everyone on my walkman via holding it up to the speaker of the TV

I'd listen to it in the car and it was like I was really watching the episode and for a while I could recite the episode verbatim

Jawbreakers.

youtube.com/watch?v=tCLD6JOduq4

The one where Eddy keeps repeating the shooting gallery scam with different themes.

thinking that Double D was a gal for like the first hour of watching the show

more importantly is was Ed pretending to be a woodpecker, 'cept with dirt

Loved the time where Ed ate his own bed

>didn't have Cartoon Network back then
"Key to My Ed" was the first episode I ever saw.

I also remember playing Clash of the Idiots on CN's website.

SUBALUWA

The live action Cartoon Network promos promoting it. youtube.com/watch?v=s29N8KL3r9k

The episode that ends with Ed chasing the other two around the yard with a fish

My parents forcing me to "watch that show I liked" with them and the episode was the one where Nazz is baby sitting Eddy and the final moment is him naked in a bath being laughed at by everyone.

I made sure they never knew what I was interested in after that.

Watching it on vacation in 1999. It was an episode where the Eds built a ride and it smashed into Kevin's house or something. Then my Mom yelled at me for watching inappropriate television.

I remember disliking the first several episodes before the animation wasn't as weird. Even on rewatches I just don't like things like making Ed cool, or the one where they all wear the wading pool and their junk touches

Me and my best friend telling eachother we loved ed more than god

I remember being in 3rd grade and looking at some kid's art project hanging on a classroom wall. They used cotton balls to make "clouds" along the top of the scene, so I jokingly pointed to the "cloud" and shouted "Hey look, cotton gravy!" and it caught the attention of a 5th grade girl.

She turned to me and she got the reference, laughing and saying "What, are you Ed now?" (she'd seen my face around nearby that part of the school every now and again).

and that's the story of how I met one of my best friends

anyone remember seeing the first promo of Ed, Edd n Eddy like in december 1998, where the production said that the project will be finished?

animal noises

I remember a commercial. Not all of it, but the Eds are running and the last bit is Double D going by the camera and we get a closeup of the weird squiggle outline of his hand

The Mucky Boys!

first episode I remember is the box city

because I built one my self

the tacos made out of paper plates

you are a banana

I wanted to try those. and kankerburgers, and en-o-g drink

Dear Kek, I love this Cartoon.

>What happened to the stairs?!?
>My parents took them because I am grounded
>That's disturbing
That scene will be ingrained in me for the rest of my life.

The clubhouse episode

Being banned from Cartoon Network as a whole for several years because my mom hated this show. I think it was the sewer episode that caused the banhammer to drop. I still snuck it in when I could.

i remember the earlier seasons having this slap stick humour that i wasnt getting

they got better with it as the next season came

much like spongebob

was it like like 5 boxes draw as buildings or are you a master architect

I had a similar experience except with family guy, my mom and dad would let me watch shit like jackass, bevis and butthead, and south park but for some reason they never let me watch family guy

this is at 10/11 mind you

the one with the elevator to the moon.

The one where they annihilate the fourth wall

I think I might've confused it for Home Movies, or vice versa. Then I got hooked

I was also banned from South Park, but it was after seeing SEVERAL seasons of the show without issue. She started realizing I was old enough to understand and cut me off.

I was basically raised on Disney and Nick until 8th grade or so. Even then, it was more by virtue of having a TV in my room than a lax in parental rulings.

They probably just don't like it
>folks let me watch south park, aqua teen, horror movies but king of the hill was banned for being too mature
>ask my dad about it as an adult
>he just didn't like the show

The first scene of EEnE I ever saw was the Eds waking up in strange bathrobes in the Kankers' house. I assumed there was some greater context to this and it seemed weirdly sinister. Also because I was like ten, I assumed the 'dads bathrobes' having all different names meant none of them were their father's and they must have some secret reason for lying.

>lax in parental rulings

That's the thing my parents were strict as fuck, only allowed out until 7 never beyond the street room had to be immaculate or I got hairdryer'ed ext ext

It got to the stage were once me and my brother were fighting and slamming doors, so my mom came upstairs with a screwdriver and physically removed the doors to our rooms.

I still don't understand how she was such a disciplinarian yet let me watch anything on TV.

I was 10 when the pilot aired. I remember thinking I didn't like the way it looked and only watched a handful of episodes over the shows run.

People tell me I missed out but I don't believe it.

>hairdryer'ed
the fuck does that even mean???

shouted at, as in you get the hairdryer treatment

Okay I assumed the worst.

The motherfucking El Cucaracha horn.

I remember there being commercials about writing in a character idea and if the creators like it, they would make that a full time kid.

No idea if that came to anything though.

The first episode where they kidnapped Johnny and Plank and tortured them until he confessed to a crime he didn't commit.

That bit in BPS makes me laugh every time.
>HE'S A MANIAC, I TELL YA
>bike slams into the car as horn plays

I was like 3.

This song

youtube.com/watch?v=cxrPWsNvbY8

Fuck, wrong gif

Watching the intro.
Thinking it was really weird/strange but cool.

When they patched the server crashes

I saw the promos for months and I imagined that Ed was the cool one and Eddy would be like, the goofy spaz one. I had those two completely backward and then I hated their voices but kept watching anyways, and it turned out to be a real good cartoon.

was going fishing with my father and brother collecting worms out in the garden , the show was marathoning on cartoon network

Thinking it was stupid because of the designs and sound effects.
I have since realized I was being a little faggot, and have been watching it.

It was a sort of bizarre realism. The episodes were all really ordinary stuff like kids playing on a cul-de-sac, but it's all really heightened, like when the Eds make a city out of boxes, or the Jawbreakers the size of people's heads, or their struggles with the Canker Sisters which are made to feel life and death. I'll be honest, though I watched it now and then, it wasn't ever really my thing. Most likely it was the characters, none of whom I actually liked much. Except Plank. Plank was a pretty cool guy.

>It was a sort of bizarre realism.
Exactly what I was thinking.

It reminds me of that video game, Bully, for that reason.