DC Rebirth Recommendations

I have recently got into comic books for the first time I'm looking for some good DC Rebirth recommendations. So far I've read Batman, Superman, Trinity, All Star Batman, Suicide Squad, Justice League vs Suicide Squad, Action Comics and Detective Comics. I was thinking Green Arrow next but I only have a basic familiarity with him from the DCAU and I'm not sure if his #1 is a good entry point. I tried Batgirl but just could not get into it.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?cpzltec559lbu
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Deathstroke is my favorite Rebirth book, it's pretty great

New Super-man is good too

I know New Super-Man is a new book but is Deathstroke Rebirth #1 a good place to start? Most of my experience with him has come from the Suicide Squad I've read.

>I have recently got into comic books for the first time
My advice to you is to not place limits upon yourself.

Read older comics, and don't restrict yourself by publisher.

Here's a good start, since you've already read some Suicide Squad:
mediafire.com/?cpzltec559lbu

This is good advice.

I intend to, but I figured I'd start with the current arcs to see what I like on offer. To DC's credit the only book I didn't like was Batgirl.

This. You can also Titans and Teen Titans.

The Flash is definitely a great Rebirth book, and New Super-Man is quite fun.

You can also try the Young Animal books: Doom Patrol, Cave Carson, Mother Panic, and Shade the Changing Girl.

Cave carson is the first ongoing I've liked in years.

I've read Titans it was hella good, just forgot to mention it. That and Red Hood & The Outlaws. I"ll add Teen Titans to my list. And Flash. And New Super-Man. Seriously doubt I can keep spending like this long term, I'm just burning off holiday bonus pay. I'll probably need to trim my list down to 5 books I regularly follow and that will be hard.

Question and I am sure it will sound dumb but why are called the Young Animals?

Check and see if your library has an online app. Mine does and it has tons of DC and a good deal of rebirth.
Also, if you decide to check out older Marvel, look into Marvel Unlimited. It is cheap and has a metric fuckton of stuff.

Ive checked and sadly they do not. No only that but there isnt a single comic book shop where I live, Comixology is getting a lot of my shekels. I'd like to get Marvel but at the same time I have tried some of their recent books and just did not enjoy the majority of it. Moon Knight was pretty cool, so was U.S.Avengers but thats all Ive found of Marvel that I've liked. Wheres their good stuff? I've been pretty lucky with DC so far, the worst comic I've read they put out in Rebirth is the most recent Batman and even that wasn't that bad, just felt like middling filler.

>I've been pretty lucky with DC so far, the worst comic I've read they put out in Rebirth is the most recent Batman and even that wasn't that bad, just felt like middling filler.

Actually gonna walk that statement back. Batgirl bored the fuck outta me.

>Wheres their good stuff?
Marvel's best stuff is in the past. Same with DC, their current output is not their best. And I hope you aren't trying just Marvel/DC and nothing else.

>where is the good stuff?
Mostly before 1990.

Yeah, the Rebirth one shot is fine to jump on

GLs and HJGLC are worth checking out

I haven't got a chance to yet, literally started this hobby 2 weeks ago. I tried some Marvel books and then DC and Rebirth sucked me. I know there is a lot of good stuff out from other companies but I had to start somewhere. If you can recommend good indies Im down to try them, I was originally asking for Rebirth recommendations because I'm really digging it.

>I have recently got into comic books for the first time
You should read some Eurocomics.

Also, listen to

Without knowing anything at all about you or about your tastes in entertainment, you can only receive generic general recommendations.

This is an ancient Sup Forums meme, OP. Don't take it seriously.

Nah, man that's just my opinion. I like some later stuff, but my preference is for the older stuff.

I can say I've really liked the books mentioned in my first post plus Titans, Red Hood and The Outlaws, U.S.Avengers and Moon Knight.

How can you guys afford to consume so much? I've worked out that I can spend about $360 USD a year on comics max. Seemed like plenty at the time but this shit adds up. I don't how people can afford to follow so many titles.

>How can you guys afford to consume so much
Piracy

Although $360 a year is still a decent amount of comics, that's 20-30+ trades, and you can keep an eye out for digital sales

>Piracy
Didn't realize there was such a large market for comic book piracy.

>Although $360 a year is still a decent amount of comics, that's 20-30+ trades, and you can keep an eye out for digital sales

It might be me not spending my money smart but I figure'd I'd make a small pull list of 5 titles and follow each new issue. Is it cheaper to wait for trade paperbacks?

>Is it cheaper to wait for trade paperbacks
Generally yes, although you have to wait longer of course

Rebirth vol 1s have just started coming out

Trades are typically cheaper but if following single issues makes you happier go for it

>thats all Ive found of Marvel that I've liked. Wheres their good stuff

Since you liked USAvengers check out Ewing's Ultimates since he's the writer for USA. Also Ewing's New Avengers that leads to USAvengers and really everything Ewing has written for Marvel.

>Question and I am sure it will sound dumb but why are called the Young Animals?
It's an imprint within DC run by Gerard Way of MCR fame who as it turns out is into comics.

Floppies are killing the industry and your wallet, so wait for the trades or go digital.

Ive only been buying digital but whats wrong with physical books?

Its more I'm impatient and don't want to wait months between stories. Its another reason I am leaning towards DC now since they release new issues for core books every two weeks.

Marvel's best stuff last couple years

Superior foes of Spider-Man
The Vision
Hickman Avengers -> Secret War
Ewing's books, any of them really, I miss Mighty Avengers
Current Nova comic, only on issue 2
Hawkeye by Fraction

Also check out the current Archie book, they rebooted the franchise to be more modern and shockingly it's good, and Nailbiter, a comic about a town with a dark secret that spawned 20+ serial killers

What the fuck happened to Archer man?

I was thinking of checking out Flintstones because it supposed to be super funny, any good comedy books out there right now?