Is this the worst relationship in comics currently? It doesn't make sense, it's not entertaining...

Is this the worst relationship in comics currently? It doesn't make sense, it's not entertaining, and it makes Medusa look absolutely awful. Why is it even a thing?

Cause Marvel sucks at writing female characters.

>Cause Marvel sucks at writing
Ftfy

"The xmen are heroes!"
>Releases highly toxic anti-xmen gas

It's the Carol Ferris/Kyle Rayner of Marvel.

>cheap soap opera
Because Comicbook writing has devolved into USA-channel-basic-cable tier relationship drama.

If Carol were literally fem-Hitler, sure.

What the fuck? Where is this happening?

I'm pretty sure Soule hates Black Bolt.
>made him and even worse father
>killed his marriage
>had Medusa get with johnny for literally no purpose but to keep them apart
>jobs him out left right and center
>the bar he gave him is only used for Reader plots and barely involves him
>barely used him in three years of writing the Inhumans

"They won't attack civilians!"
>watches mutie civies die from sacred gas cloud

>the Carol Ferris/Kyle Rayner of Marvel.
You're right on the money user bzut fuck you for reminding me about that garbage ship.

>implying women don't immediately act like cliches in real life

What do you mean barely? He's fucking in Uncanny every other issue.

Yeah, as glorified wallpaper. He never even gets any speaking roles.

>Medusa lays down exposition while Black Bolt stands there
>Black Bolt beats up two irrelevant goons
>Black Bolt stands in the throne until he gets captured off screen and stays that way until the arc ends
>he wasn't there for the other stuff
He only really gets to contribute to the plot in the first arc and in Auran's arc. He is only in the civil war arc so people will got "oh shit BB is here, things must be serious". He might as well not be there.

>He never even gets any speaking roles
user...

Blackbolt never gets a word in edgewise, he always acts like he is about to speak and then suddenly Medusa tells people what he is thinking.

Just let the guy say a single word! I swear all the mutant and inhuman problems would be over if they just all got in a room and let Black Bolt tell them what he thinks.... or at least we wouldn't have to deal with this anymore

Funnily enough he did get to talk in the last issue. Of course he really didn't do anything besides apologize to Medusa for some reason, but still...

It's such a shame that the terrigen mists which gave him his powers also destroyed the part of his brain responsible for reading and writing. Imagine how much more versatile a character he would be if he could operate a notepad and a pen.

Well, from my point these relationships make perfect sense. She tried to find a man, who won't have much resemblance with Black Bolt and Johnny is the best choice: he's simple, passionate, loud and dumb. Also, judging by her affairs with Max, she doesn't mind fucking someone, who is (or was in Johnny's case) a family member.

IVX #2 storytime?

Yeah, with all the advanced tech available, you'd think that someone would have cobbled together an artificial speech synthesizer for him at some point.