Sentry Thread

How do we fix him?

Make him an Ultimates villain.

Make him black.

Fix not ruin

There's nothing to fix, he's perf

More Age of Sentry flashback stories, less "his powers work like this...no wait, they do this! No actually, it's this!"

Keep him away from Bendis. I didn't think there was anything wrong with his mini. He should have stayed like that.

I would suggest we give him a competent writer that understands what makes him unique in the first place. Determining which writer though becomes more of a challenge because there are many directions we can take the character. I personally vote for...
>Paul Jenkins
>Al Ewing
>Joe Casey
>Jonathan Hickman

Have him return and team up with Warrior Woman as they build a new Squadron Sinister

bring him back

>Not transexual latina
Step it up, senpai.

put him in the MCU

the MCU will have a good, simple explanation for his character, then because of muh synergy, the good and simple explanation will transfer over to the comics

Put him along the lines of Dr. Manhattan. Ungodly powerful but disconnected and apathetic of life and people.
His only care is a cabinet full of liquor but otherwise he can't be bothered to give a damn about the next apocalyptic threat to the galaxy or universe.

But the Metashit was what made him neat. It's Bendis fucking it all up that ruined him....and their persistence he be a big mainstream character when it'd probably work best if he was just a smaller character.
Less Apathy more just crippling mental anguish makes him unreliable.

Rememder brought him halfway back and I think separated him from the Void

Defined powerset.
Set limits to powerset.
Remove resurrection powers. Who does he think he is? Jean fucking Grey?
Retcon Void being an aspect of himself. Shit too complicated.
No Bendis.
Either make him the token Superman or don't at all. Stop attempting to change it every arc.
Either him, Hyperion, or Blue Marvel would have to go. Too many Earth bound Supermen already.

You actually make him a hero the universe forgot and not a reality warping delusional schizophrenic, though I say the other heroes never actually remember him so most of his early stories would revolve around his interactions with people he used to know who have in their minds never met him before

You don't, he's just a plot device.
They can maybe make him better with more void stories I guess... There's no way to completely fix him though

I like the fact that he is actually his greatest villain, but he shouldn't be in the main universe.

He deserve betrer

make him black and change his name to blue marvel

Scion

Have him wear blue and put that s on his chest instead of his belt.

make him go cosmic

Put in in the Ultimates as a Hero or Villain.

The Void

Ultimates is over dawg

Actually defining his mental illness and keeping him the hell away from Bendis should be quite enough.

Is he still off in space?

Make him sane and a functioning human being
No more void shit

No one is posting pics

Why is he so irrelevant

Give him a cute bf.

if Sentry and Hyperion banged, would it be incest?

They are not related

they're both superman ersatz

Make him crazier.

God no. You're trying to make him like Blue Marvel aka Black Marvel Superman. You want him to turn into Superman. He is a Miracle Man archtype and should stay that way. He should NOT be Superman in anything other than power.

It's hard to even have him back considering there are way to many heroes and not even villains that even hold a candle ever.

>Too many Earth bound Supermen already
That's not a problem for DC, what makes it one for Marvel?

This guy gets it

I've been thinking about this for a while.

1) Make him go cosmic for a few arcs. You can pick up after he dropped off the Celestial in deep space. Have him overcome the Death Seed and regain his senses. Have him decide to explore the cosmos for a while. Since the Void is in the White Hot Room, this gives the Sentry a chance for some much needed "alone time" in order to be properly developed as a character. The cosmic setting would also be a chance to define his power set.

2) During his explorations, he can also run into a telepathic alien or whatever, one that can provide him with a definitive origin. Ideally it would drop the whole "drug-addict" aspect, maybe take inspiration from the Age of Sentry miniseries, which would explain why a simple serum would give someone such incredible powers.

3) Keep him the fuck away from Bendis. This guy was supposed to be the hero of heroes, yet Bendis portrayed him as an incompetent retard who could barely leave his room and couldn't even do anything unless he was told by someone else.

Eventually you can re-introduce the Void duality thing again.

I think the character has so much potential, and it's such a shame that it's been squandered so far.

Jesus Christ Captain Hero?

This. But also:
I think it'd be a fun gimmick to have him shapeshift through different looks as he tries to find himself, at least for an arc or two. Just as a meta-commentary on how his characterization has been handled.

fpbp
I was gonna say "Give him to Ewing", same thing.

Make him sane.

Have literally the entire Marvel Universe constantly worried the Void will be back.

Maybe have him team up with all the other Superman-knock offs.

This: He's self-contained and self-defeating. Go read Moore's Miracleman, and imagine what it'd be like if it took place in a world that was never allowed to progress.
The only thing you can really do with him is outright explain his origin to normies who don't get it, which kind of defeats the point of figuring it out for yourself. Although... if explaining that origin would clear up a rather massive plothole from somewhere else in the Marvel Universe, go for it. Ewing probably has a plan.

>Make him sane.
World's problems are fixed. No more Marvel Comics publications.
Now what?

Death Seed already made him sane.

I feel like making him deal with cosmic stuff would bring him to close to where Anti-man is now: another enlightened, all-powerful, being, who lost all ties to his more human side.

This is probably my dream MCU movie but it'd never happen because he'd work best as a single film and they don't adapt what you can't milk into a trilogy.
>But the Metashit was what made him neat.
This.
>It's Bendis fucking it all up that ruined him
Eh. Not really. Bendis Sentry makes total sense, he just didn't try to hide how unlikable he is.
>and their persistence he be a big mainstream character when it'd probably work best if he was just a smaller character.
Perennial team player ain't all that mainstream. And if you can't go BIG with Sentry who can you go big with?

We don't know what the fuck Death Seed is past interpretation and theory.
...Which desu makes it a very Sentry concept. Guess Remender deserves more credit.

Since when does repeatedly ripping off your own face qualify as "sane"?

>Sub-Mariner wasn't in this arc
Wasted opportunity.

Yeah, I'd have loved it if Ewing had used Sentry instead of Anti-man.

But again, I think the best thing for the character is to be on his own for a while to really establish his personality.

Being in space would shut up all those idiots who keep saying he's "too overpowered" for the Marvel Universe (while jerking themselves off to how awesome Blue Marvel is, who fought Sentry to a standstill).

Who here has read Secret Wars II
Who wants to?

Sentry beat Blue Marvel. Got punched into space by then divebombed him, knocking him out.

I can jam to this. It's very in-character.

Booooo.
Booooooooooooooooooo.

The reality warping delusional schizophrenic part is the main thing that makes the hero the universe forgot part interesting though.

>No one is posting pics
>posting an Alt-U pic

I can appreciate the time you put into this but I don't see how cutting out a lot of what defines the character is meant to accomplish anything.
>This guy was supposed to be the hero of heroes
Ah I see.
The Jenkins minis both paint him as something totally different IMO.