Who should be replaced and why is it Thor?

Who should be replaced and why is it Thor?

Marvel's "Trinity" is weak overall.
Name me 5 good story arcs/miniseries/oneshots for each character.

Thor should be replaced with Spiderman

Glad to know everyone agrees

>play marvel future fight
>team bonus references to something about the characters
>see this

Is Hyperion and Thor a teacher?

Spiderman's too close to Cap to be on that small a team.

They're good together, they show the trifecta of the three main types of superhero powers; magic, tech, and genetics.

>Thor should be replaced with Spiderman
You mean like this?

In the event leading up to the incursion and end of the marvel multiverse, there was a race of super weapon children that didn't need to eat, sleep, or breath, but they had the minds and bodies of children. Spiderman, Thor, and Hyperion spent a few months teaching these children in the hope that if they grew up they would be decent people.

I think they ended up all dying off as part of a weapon or something.

Because the other two guys are
>A man who got shot full of super steroids
>A man wearing a glorified toaster
While Thor is a literal god
He doesn't fit the theme, he doesn't fit the power level. He is basically Reverse Batman, a super powerful guy surrounded by normal or "peak normal" humans

Thor wasn't even in Civil War. He got back when it was over and had 'words' with Stark about using a clone of Thor and the fact that Cap died due to Stark.

Because Cap and Tony are dickheads and Thor deserves better.

Technically that was Otto in Peter's body at the time.

Hence why he was explaining how to properly get someone in a choke hold and the value of intimidation and fear tactics on the children's enemies.

Sorry, typo...

Thanks of the info.

Make way for Marvel superior Trinity

Cap has that just in Tales of Suspense.
Thor has far more than five good stories just in the intial run.
Iron Man... I can't help you.

Thor was never part of any kind of trilogy, this is literally just the three anologues to DC's trinity. Marvel's actual trinity is Spiderman Captain America and Iron Man.

You're late.

Replace Cap for Miles and Tony for Ironheart and you will be right.

Where does Wolverine fit in?

In the grave.

Iron Man is the only weak one here.

Cap has the Winter Soldier story arc, Death of story arc, Captain America No More, Secret Empire, The Nuke arc from Remender's run, Man Out of Time & lots more.

Thor has the Simonson Surtur arc, God Butcher, Straczynski run, Ragnarok, Beta Ray Bill's introduction, Frog Thor & essentially the rest of Simonson's run.

Iron Man just has Demon in a Bottle, Armor Wars & arguably Superior Iron Man.

Until the MCU i'd have replaced iron man with him

If we're talking about quality stories then Iron Man has the least with only Bevil in the Bottle and Armor Wars being reasonably good.

They are all replaced. Thor is now a woman, Iron Man is a nigress girl, Captain America is Falcon

This, Thor is bro tier as fuck.
Comfiest "Trinity" would be him Spidey and Wolverine.

Fuck off Carol no one likes you.

Marvel trinity should be Spider-man, Wolverine and Hulk

fuck you, Bendis. being on the Avengers drags Spider-Man down, and trying to make the Avengers Marvel's Justice League rather than its own thing is creative bankruptcy

Iron Man is also Dr. Doom.

I don't get it.
It would make sense if it was blacksuit or SpOck, and 2099 Cap.

What about Extremis?

Steve and Sam share the mantle.

It should be Hyperion instead of Thor

This isn't the trinity so it doesn't matter.

If this is true name me 5 good story arcs/miniseries for Wonder Woman

The artist is doing his best JRJR impression, I see

Civil War, Secret Wars,

uh

Replace Thor and put him in a god trinity

Please like that's gonna be a permanent thing. When Tony gets back it'll just be him and Iron Heart

Why are their arms so long? This art is unnerving.

Thi

The real trinity is Wolverine, Spiderman and captain America.

They all represent different aspects of marvel earth, Prove me wrong, protip: you cant

Iron Man
Ghost in the Machine, Demon in the Bottle and the entirety of Iron Man from 168 to 200 was All New All Different some 30 years before that was a thing outside of X-men. Rhodey is Iron Man, and Tony needs to pull himself out of his hole to regain his company and get back in the suit, even though there's an arc, there are tons of stand alone stories in that alone to fill requirements several times over, Hypervelocity, and Iron Man "World's Most Wanted".

Captain America is actually a lot easier if you just name runs, because there are multiple stories in those runs, Steve Engleharts run that famously saw him take on President Nixon, Mark Gruenwald defined Captain America in the 80s, Roger Stern and John Byrne's who could forget the time that Captain America was nominated as a candidate for president? Yes, it was trite but still interesting reading. And all of Ed Brubakers work come to mind immediately, everything from the blatantly obvious Winter Soldier to Reborn.

My favorite run was J. Micheal Strazynski's run, read it. James Simonsons run on thor is a landmark run, and should be required reading for anyone with a passing interest in the character. He is the Thor writer.

Fatal Frontier?

>Marvel's "Trinity" is weak overall.

Because this is not Marvels "Trinity", it's the forced version of it since MCU

Marvel's real "Trinity" would have been Spider-Man, Wolverine....and who? Maybe Cap, Maybe the F4 as a collective but that's cheating

>Prove me wrong
no tech rep, no cosmic rep, no magic rep,

Marvel does not have any kind of natural trinity like DC. this is not a hard concept to understand

>iron man
Goodwin run
Michelinie—layton's(demon in a bottle goes here, so goes armor wars later on)
Both iron ages
Extremis
Five nightmares
Fatal frontier
Superior iron man

Define a natural "trinity"? The way I see it, it's the three most iconic and popular characters for the longest time...this applies to DC's trinity, and if that were applied to Marvel it would easily be Spider-Man, Wolverine, and probably Cap

I like Thor, I really do.

I'm not sure he should be a member of Marvel's trinity, however.

I think I'd prefer to see him used more like Dr Strange, that he is a powerful resource the Avengers can call upon when the situation is that dire but otherwise he is overkill. Then I'd strongly encourage the Thor standalone book to live up to that evaluation, Thor should be mucking around with cosmic-level stuff the way Strange is protecting us from extra-dimensional weirdness. Keep him at Silver Surfer levels (who, likewise, shouldnt be a member of the day-to-day Avengers)

true, Thor is the only one you can trust out of those 3

iron man should be replaced because becoming a list was the worst thing to happen to the character

a natural trinity in that its a three characters that play off each other very well and in doing so are popular as a group

there is no such 'trinity' for marvel and its because they have been focused on group comics ever since the popularity of marvel superheroes

consider the fact that some of the most popular villains in Marvel are Avenger's villains while some of the most popular villains in DC are villains of just Batman or just Superman

one of the reason I really like Avengers is cause it brings in the lesser known heroes, tells their story and gets rid of them. The main heroes were never the real story, until Bendis fucked it up. Busiek did it right, the trinity never had stories in it, it was bringing in Z list heroes and telling their stories. Except for Pym, he told a great Pym story

Replace them all.
With this you cover
Magic
Science
Multiverse
Alternate mystical dimensions
Aliens/Space
and each of them bring a perspective of someone who has called Earth home and cares about it.

For me the three driving forces behind Marvel Comics at least will always have been Reed Richards, Cyclops, and Captain America.

Carol and Blue are redantant change one of them

>a natural trinity in that its a three characters that play off each other very well and in doing so are popular as a group
Wolverine and Spider-Man have long been appreciated as a good conflicting tag team of bros with opposite values

>consider the fact that some of the most popular villains in Marvel are Avenger's villains
Like who?
To my knowledge the most popular Marvel villains have been...
Dr. Doom....F4
Galactus.....F4
Magneto....X-Men
Apocalypse....X-Men
Green Goblin....Spider-Man
Dock Ock.....Spider-Man
Venom and Carnage....Spider-Man
And Thanos...who is more of a general Marvel villain than belonging to any particular mythos

Disagree. Blue brings the brains, muscle, historical perspective and familiarity multiverse. Carol is quickly being made the face of the universe, is effectively the everywoman of the trio, brings the Captain title. IIRC her powers are also alien in nature. They might seem similar, but IMO they are more different than Superman and Wonder Woman are.

It's not a JRPG, the DC "Trinity" is not so because of their skillsets...it's because they are the most iconic and traditionally popular heroes of their company

>it's because they are the most iconic and traditionally popular heroes of their company
If that's what we're going by, OP shouldn't have even made this thread. Personally I'd prefer trinities comprised of individuals who cover the majority of perspectives, skillsets, and offer a more significant degree of resources (not necessarily money), and best represent the universe as a whole.

this game is stupid, company wars faggot.
I could name 5 great stories for each character, and you'd just say that most of them suck.

But you know what, I'll do it anyway, you weak, pathetic piece of shit.

Iron Man:
Extremis
Armor Wars
Doomquest
Demon in a Bottle
Birth of an Iron Man

Thor
Hahahaha nigga you seriously challenging Walt Fucking Simonsen? Geddafuckouttahere
Beta Ray Bill up in this bitch
I personally detest it, but Godbutcher/godbomb
First Blood/Last Man
Surtur saga
Blood Oath

Captain America
I'm not counting out 5 great captain america stories, because if I start counting out great cap stories I could be here a while.
If you think there's less than 5 great captain america stories, you are a delusional moron.

Just in case you meant Spider-Man
Death of Gwen Stacy (and especially the following few issues)
Kraven's Last Hunt
Joe Kelly's chronologically separated two part Rhino story during the otherwise terrible Brand New Day era (One is called Flowers for Rhino)
Morlun (even though I hate spider-totem shit, this is a fantastic read)
Amazing Fantasy #15

So, Cyclops, Wolverine and Jean Grey. Got it.

Replace Tony with Hercules and Steve with Beta Ray Bill

>.it's because they are the most iconic and traditionally popular heroes of their company

Since when was Wonder Woman the third most popular DC character, and what possible metric could you have that would indicate this?

>Cap
>not Hulk

Marvel's big 3 are Spider-Man, Wolverine and Deadpool, with Wolverine's position almost up for grabs.

DC's big 3 are Batman, Joker and Harley Quinn

Well, ones that are villains of both the avengers and the members of the avengers as a whole, that also have that popular, journeyman quality are:

A list:
Ultron, Loki, Zemo

Honorable Mention: Taskmaster

B team:
Absorbing Man, Wrecking Crew, Kang

The FF are the four elements personified. Way better than a trinity.?marvel pissed it away.

Any comic containing either trio is automatically going to be that company's best selling book that month.

These are also the characters that guest-appear in new/weak titles to boost sales.
And are also their best movers of merchandise

No one outside of nostalgic neckbeards give much of a shit about Ye Classic Trinity.

Live action tv shows that lasted more than one season, by order of appearance.

Ta-Da

She's the default referencial woman super hero
She's popular in the Zeitgeist

Well liked? Not so much

So Flash?

You guys are looking way too deeply into this whole "trinity" thing.
The only importance these characters have in these regards is that they the three most important core members of the Avengers.

Marvel has never had to establish a "trinity" like dc has because they don't rely on the whole pretentious "super heroes are paragons of modern mythology" thing.

Flash really should be on the Trinity.
Personally, I'd replace Batman with Nightwing as well, because I'm tired of Bruce Wayne the eternal asshole.

It's not about "who's your waifu".

Who do you think is my waifu?
Bruce Wayne is a fucking asshole, and the only reason he is a part of the DC superhero community is because the community simultaneously insists on his inclusion, and Bruce is so much of a control freak that if anyone is going to get together he wants to be there to take notes. If he were completely ignored, he'd sit in his cave and cry about mommy and daddy every second he wasn't out there inspiring the next rogue of his own gallery.
Trinities are about community. They are the paragons that the community look to for leadership during times of crisis. There also needs to be a camaraderie among those within it. Superman obviously belongs there, and there clearly has to be a member of the Bat family there as well with all of the brats Bruce insists on collecting. Nightwing is friendly and is often described as the heart of the DCU. He's the guy everyone likes. He has a great relationship with Superman because before everyone else was on the scene, it was Superman, Batman and Robin. If there is going to be a Bat-rep, boot the humdrumvee, and lets bring Dick to the party.
Flash is like that as well. He is kind, friendly, and represent a hopeful face for the future. Crises represent the universe at its darkest, and when they arise there must always be a speedster and someone wearing the S there to save the day. It's a damn rule at this point. On top of that, Flash allows access to alternate universes which further expands the degree to which the community can reach out and save the day.

Superman had a live action show in the 40s, batman the 60s, wonder woman the 70s. So if you're only taking three, those are who you get.
Interestingly, Captain Marvel had a show for a few years, but at the time, he was still a Charlton character. So he would be the third character by this metric if you were feeling generous. The fifth would be Swamp Thing, then Human Target, Arrow, Flash, iZombie, Supergirl, and the "Legends of Tomorrow"

And if you went cartoons, it would be Superman, Aquaman and then Batman, then everyone.
I know that would make all the aquatards happy.

fuck yeah, best team

Perez's run. That Dini/Ross OGN. Marston's original Golden Age comics. Morrison's Earth One. That's all I've read that I liked, but I've never exactly gone out of my way to read WW.

Not a trinity, but still the best Marvel team

Replace them all.

>Blue Marvel instead of Black Panther
SO close, user!

Because he's literally the best of the three? Both as an individual and a franchise?

They're both brilliant black men, who offer scientific expertise, but I like Adam being familiar with the multiverse, and BP tends to run a bit too close to the supernatural. It'd feel like he bumps too close to Strange. Thanks though, user.

Who?

>Tonyfags exist
Oh shit I thought y'all were a myth.
Seriously I've made threads asking and got nadda.

Give me an actual Marvel tm endorsement of this shit that isn't fucking Deviantart fanart or shut teh FOOK up about it.

...user the Multiverse IS supernatural. It's already Strange's purview.
And it's not just about characters, it's about their weight of lore. Blue Marvel's a 10 year old character with one fucking mini and some Ewingwank. The IPs of Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel are on a virtually level playing field when it comes to longevity and source material. Plus your pitch lacks a normie/human-potential/strength-of-the-spirit representative, T'Challa is a lot closer to Cap than Brashear is.

It should also be noted that Namor belongs in that group too. I legit thought/hoped he'd be Phase 4 buds with Strange & Panther. But hey, Carol has a similar personality and covers Sci-fi so it works out.
Maybe Wakanda vs Atlantis will be a future Black Panther sequel.

Kang is the Avengers archfuckingvillain what the FUCK are you on about user.

Thor is intrinsically tied to Earth. His mum is literally the planet & it's associated pocket-dimensions (and his dad is technically her grandson... gods are weird).
His placement makes sense.

Her ongoing survived the 40s & 50s.
That's the basis for the DC Trinity. After the war people stopped reading capes. Except for Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

>"Name 5 good _____ stories"
People name them
>"Those aren't good"
Jesus, you sad, predictable company wars cunt.

No one else really uses him, though. He's an uninteresting twat. He's not important anywhere outside the pages of Avengers, as opposed to the others, who have all had rafts of meaningful appearances in other books and media.

Compare him to Ultron, who I would describe as the real Avengers archvillain- not only does he have pathos with the team, but he appears in Movies, Cartoons, toys, headlining as villain in an entire other franchise crossover...

That's why Kang is B-List.