Totally Awesome Hulk will have an arc featuring Asian superheroes starting issue #15

I'm Asian-American. I'd like some wisdom, Sup Forums. Why do I not care that this happening?
Why do I kind of dislike that this is happening?
I'm all for Asians getting more representation in capeshit, but for whatever reason, seeing this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You said I'd have my General Tso's chicken in 10 minutes It's been 20 fucking minutes. So where the fuck is it?

>Let's take all the asian super heroes we're trying to push and put them all in their own little book.

Marvel is so fucking progressive.

If you are feeling emotions without being able to tell the cause you might want to consult a therapist user.

Because it's so far removed from traditional redneck tier racism that it swings all the way back around and becomes a nu wave progressive form of racism. It's the same old dehumanizing shit, just repackaged and flavored differently

>flavored differently
That's MSG, user

>kamala

It sounds very inorganic.

Because they're still being treated as 'the other.' Only now they're secluded in their own comic as a matter of joyous representation.

i dunno but it's the same creative team the book has always had right? so just role with it

Honestly, it feels like a containment book that Marvel can point to later for proof of their "progressiveness"

Probably for the same reason why I don't give a shit about Riri or Moon Girl in spite of being African America. Pandering of that nature is more annoying than endearing

Pak is a boring writer at best

>containment book
>it's only for one arc
>three of those characters have their own books
I think you guys don't know what that means. It's just a superficial attention grab, plus I'm sure somebody finds the dragons in the background offensive since they aren't all the same type of Asian.

Same reason all Marvel pandering doesn't work, because its too damn on the nose.

Instead of advertising hero who happens to be black but his story is the most important part and its a good story, instead they advertise it as BLACK hero "tune in as the first ever BLACK hero BLACK, takes the mantle from other hero and becomes the totally new and unique BLACK version of this former hero".

Generally the more on the nose they get with pandering the more people hate it, and Marvel will never understand what subtlety is supposed to be. Hell they've had black heroes, asian heroes, female heroes, and any type of hero for ages now. Yet they're wondering why people are suddenly complaining about the new ones "You're just sexist since you hate FEMALE thor" instead of realizing there's a huge difference with how they're marketing this shit?

Lot of people remembered Static Shock, because they didn't shove the pandering up your ass constantly. He was black but they weren't marketing it as though that's all he was, or that was the main appeal here, in order to appeal to Tumblr.

Its not that the idea itself can't work, its that they fuck it in how they keep doing it lately.

It's good that characters from other backgrounds can get their own books.

The problem is when the fact they exist is the sole thing they promote and the only reason they came to be and there is no other larger story to be told.

Fucking barbarians stole it.

Because you're not a bigot who judges shit based on how much they look like you, and the concept and characters aren't exactly a killer sale?

Uncre Tsong
Maybe a mild fear that it's just kind of using you for marketing. Or it's disingenuous and you might somehow be missing out on the right way to do this.
Don't worry, it is. It all is. Companies never really cared about anyone. We were always just money to them. But if it's entertaining atleast it'll be a fun read
Koreans have Dragons right? Kamala can fuck off though.

It's because writers are so big on representation that they make a story around it with no thought of who the characters are or back story, or even culture differences.

Like how every black superhero suddenly cared about War Machine dying. Like War Machine never interacted with anyone of them that much but now Storm cares? Hell women characters are often all best friends with each other, like seriosly they all are quirky progressive bores who share a hive mind. I find the New Fantastic Four story in ghost rider more believable because it's a joke!

>Don't worry, it is. It all is. Companies never really cared about anyone.
If that was true then they'd be better at getting money out of me already by telling the stories I want to hear, instead of being shit at it.

They are clearly just desperate to boost Chulk, Silk, and Kamala's sales.

because they are doing it for hollow and shallow reasons

Silly asian person. This isn't for you. This is by and for guilty white people.

>Why do I not care that this happening?
Why do I kind of dislike that this is happening?
Congratulations, You're a human being and not a fucking retard.
However, this only means your suffering will increase tenfold because the world is filled with retards trying to get money from other retards.

>asians teaming up just because they're asian.

Why do progressives always think that just because people share the same race, it means they'll like each other regardless of their differences in ethnicities?

Like, South Koreans and Japanese people have quite a dislike of each other and just really do not get along. The only reason that the two countries are on good terms is because they can't fight each other without China swooping in to take them both out.

And here is our black book!
Can't have Luke Cage and Misty Knight hang out with Iron Fist!
Instead tune in for their team up with Storm, Black Panther, Black Captain America, and Black Spider-man!

they have to catch up because the biggest profile Asian heroes up to now have all been white
>Psylocke's stupid as fuck origin
>Iron Fist is white
>All the characters with ties to Japanese culture, like Daredevil (Irish American), Wolverine (Canadian American), Elektra (Greek) all come from Europe

Nobody gave a fuck about Shang Chi for the longest time. He was solid D-list. Who else did they even have before Silk and Chulk? Sunfire?

Kamala is Asian? Wtf?

Didn't this actually happen? I feel like this happened and that it was Blue Marvel's fault.

Who is Blue Marvel and where did he come from? Why don't I care about him? What's his deal?

She's from Jersey, but her parents are Pakis.

The Ultimates, but they are led by YAS QUEEN Carol

>Pakistan isn't in Asia

here's your (You)

When did Cho even become the Hulk? Was it before Hawkuy offed Banner? Is Marvel still using A-Bomb or nah?

As a Korean-American.
This is embarrassing

>literally born in Jersey city

>Born in USA.
>But her parents are from Pakistan!
Fuck off. Remove Kamala and put her fucking parents in the book, then.

I thought Pakis were middle eastern not far eastern? Where the fuck do the Asian borders stop? Geography was never my strong stuit Why thank you, have one for yourself.

>Luke Cage was born in the US, therefore he isn't black

this is you

Ultimates isn't pitched as a black team, you can't compare that with this.

Not only do they not care, they're incompetent, too.

> Was it before Hawkuy offed Banner?
Yup.

>Is Marvel still using A-Bomb or nah?
Depowered ages ago.

Before. Bruce was going nuclear for some stupid shit and Tony and crew were talking about throwing him in the Negative Zone and Cho was like "fuck you guys, Imma abosrb his gamma aids"

A-Bomb is no more, Rick Jones is now Edward Snowden working for SHIELD

>Why do I not care that this happening?

Because 15 minutes after reading it you'll feel like reading another comic.

Are you being dumb in purpose? or do you believe Steve Rogers is Irish too?

Jubilee, Jimmy Woo, the entirety of Big Hero Six, Hazmat, Surge, Daken, for a given value of hero...

>China

I think you misspelled "America", user. The only reason South Korea and Japan (since WWII/the Korean War) haven't actually shot at each other militarily is because they're both American "allies", and America wants a peaceful, profitable, Pacific Rim (on which they can station their troops and dock their ships).

This.

If China tries to act up murrika would stop it on their tracks.

>Banner becomes Hulk
>Wants to be left the fuck alone
>Everyone shits on him constantly
>Doc Samson/Cho becomes Hulk
>Everyone loves him
>Thunderbolt becomes Hulk
>Everyone loves him
>Walters becomes Hulk
>Everyone wants to mount her like the fluid druid she is

why is this allowed

You guys always sound like the biggest cucks

No wonder everybody is making fun of you

Don't forget General Maverick.

Do you not get how hulk-ism works? If you've got underlying issues, you get a big retard monster form. If you try and fight the transformation instead of dealing with your issues by putting on your purple big boy pants, you can't control your hulk form. I'm a turbo casual and even I know this shit.

It feels exploitative, that's why.

They're using Asian representation to build themselves a good image.

10/10 pose, Amadeus.

>all asian team
But who's the brains of the team?

We all know Kamala isn't because she's a dumb american girl.

>3 repurposed legacy characters
>Generic kung-fu man

why isn't huffpo or medium shitting on this

probably the dude who's considered like the 8th smartest guy on the planet desu senpai

Because Asians don't like other Asians.

I know Pakistan counts as Asia, but considering 3/4 of the characters there being of East Asian descent while Kamala is the only Middle East one makes her look REALLY out of place.

Get Silver Samu-
>Mutant
Fuck.

Because ultimately, they aren't asian super heroes. By which I mean they don't exist in the archetype of what Japan or China consider their Superheroes to be.

They are American heroes flavored to be asian.
They aren't anything unique to the world of comics beyond their race. Their power sets aren't unique and styled in a way that's different. It's Generic Diversity. "We're a team because we asian."

Eh, Cho is the only one that got repurposed, the rest started in their legacy.
>Generic kung-fu man
Hey now Shang was doing that before it was played out.

I don't see how Hank Pym fits into all of this, user.

Sounds fun, I hope this story finds room for SPEAR.

it was bound to happen, just let it happen. It'll probably be good fun, even if it sounds kinda tacky, which it is.

they could use Quake, right? She's mixed, I think. Or at least she is on the show. I don't remember if any comic confirmed her ethnicity. I'm surprised they haven't done anything with a Madripoorian hero. It would count, at least.

Are there any Pajeet heroes?

No, but they could always fight the loo witch.

There's Omega Sentinel, who is unusable

>Are there any Pajeet heroes?

Just this stalwart wee fella:

youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU

Bunching everyone of the same race together is now progressive apparently.

Is Cho Hulk actually good? I feel like it shits all over Cho's character.

If Marvel really wanted to push an Asian character, it definitely should've been Cho because he's based. But it should've been Cho as he's always been, a genius with no powers. They could've had a really cool book where Amadeus solves crimes/problems just by using his brain; it could've been different from the usual cape book, while still being fun & showcasing a great Asian character.

But Marvel had to be half assed (like the majority of these legacy heroes besides Kamala & Robbie) & shove Hulk onto Amadeus because they're afraid it won't sell if it doesn't have a brand name attached to it. Marvel's race pandering is so fucking half-assed, it's infuriating. I'd have no problem with this shit if all the new minority characters were NEW, not just different colors slapped on old heroes.

You mean untouchable?

>tfw Robbie escaped Champions but now Cho is invading his book instead

I mean it kind of makes sense considering his history with Hulk but at the same time it feels insulting considering the half-assed use of him in Time Runs Out prior.

Wait, isn't Nico Minoru an Asian?

>tfw you realize Cho isn't the new Hulk, he's the new She-Hulk while Jen is busy being the real Hulk

YOU'RE asian

I like to think Cho is Kid-Hulk and Jen is the main Hulk.

which hulk is red she hulk

Because if Huffpo talks about diversity someone's gonna be smart enough to bring up that staff photo again.

Cho hulk is ok, but hasn't done anything to really wow.

They've tried everytihng with cho. The cartoon even stuck him in the iron spider armor.

I get the main three but Ms Marvel isn't Asian.

Fuck this shit and I'm asian.

This is fucking humiliating to asians.

It's like that super special issue of Sam Wilson (I refuse to call him Captain America when Steve is alive), where all the black characters gathered to remember the death of Rhodey. Because he's black. And because they're black. So of course you have to segregate a wake in this manner. Out of "respect" for the race.

Segregation has revitalized itself in everyday life, by disguising itself as racial diversity and acceptance.

Look at this page. Nick Fury Jr doesn't even know any of these people. He blatantly says he's new. Which he is. He was literally retconned into existence for movie synergy purposes. But despite this, he "belongs" with the rest of them. Because he knew Rhodey personally? No. Because he's black. Note that this was written by Nick Spencer, a white numale.

Kamala is Pakistani, which is located in South Asia. But it's clear she's only there because she's the most popular Asian character Marvel has right now.

do they all have each other on speed dial or what

Reminder that Amadeus' original powers was to be an Asian kid that's REALLY good at math.

because like other people have posted, its still 'the other' or just generally still separate

representation is only 1 part, the rest of it is being treated as normally as any other characters, which usually means not having them team up for no reason other than race

Yep.Because they're all part of the SECRET black hero community. I mean, fuck, they had BLADE on their speeddial!

This is just marvel writing horrible shit.

Is this an american thing? All people whith asian roots feeling a connection, no matter from where in asian their parents or ancestors came?
Because that's quite odd. Chinese-american, japanese-american, korean-american getting together, I get it. Even though China, Japan and Korea hate each other, they are close, ethnically and culturally.
But asian-americans from Pakistan? Ethnically, they are closer to europeans. And culturally, I don't see what they have in common with east-asia people,

Atleast he got Blade's character right.

"Fuck you guys, I don't fucking know any of you"

my real issue is that they draw black people all in the same way, if you put a gun to my head and told me to pick out the differences in T'Challa and Sam Wilson's faces you'd have my brain on your wall. Plus Miles is the same, but shorter.

Are they still going with Ricks plot or did Spencer drop it once the Democrats started to "WTF I hate leaks now!"

But isn't the Illuminati the secret white person club? Black panther counts for being an Oreo, right?

Reed isn't on Earth anymore so he's 7th.

Well his plot line got resolved way back in Standoff, he's been the hacker for SHIELD for a while now.

The Illuminati used to be the big movers and shakers. Xavier, Reed, Strange, Stark, Tchalla, and the rest?

Usually, big guys capable of big things.

At the time of the original Illuminati, there wasnt just enough enough high powered black super powered.

Marvel's added a few big mover black guys since then, but none of them have caught on.

no, in america asians definitely split along many different lines and it really depends on background

What is the point of anti-virtue signalling like the OP? It's about as obnoxious as actual virtue signalling.

I'm Hispanic. If a group of Latino Marvel heroes got together and made a team I'd think it was cool as long as the characters were cool. Maybe you're just a banana.

Separate but equal.

He was responding to the "who is blue marvel and where did he come from" thing