Detective Comics #948 Storytime

Batwoman Begins!

We Pacific Rim now!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/deadname
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

thanks for the storytime norrin. You're a good guy

Action Comics: Support the official release!

I dont know if i can keep reading this book is best boy truly worth the rest of the shit

Why is Batwoman so unlikable? A female hero inspired and sanctioned by Batman is not an inherently bad concept. In fact she's pretty similar to Catwoman, I just can't stand Kate for some reason.

Tim drake is a boring fuck. I hope he stays dead

I'm talking about Basil

I have an art question. Why do artists sometimes have characters and things break panel? Like here, why have that chair corner or her elbow stick out of the panel and into the gutters?

>Suddenly Not Arkham Knight appears
Whoooo, I knew dropping this book during this arc was the right choice.

Try out Batwoman: Elegy or 52 if you haven't already.

Sometimes it has a meaning, sometimes it's just a stylistic choice.

Man I like that title, it's like the classic shield except well, black and red.

oh sorry man.

exactly
has meaning whereas
is just a stylistic choice to give you a clearer idea of the character/object in certain panels

>has meaning
So what's the meaning?

Dude has a cool design.

>Deadname
She's trans?

>going to be a character in a bennet book
yep

why the fuck is this a joined page?

I didn't even know that was a trans term.
I just assumed it was some weird classified name thing.

they said it themself in this issue. What can Batwoman do that Batman can't?
Or to phrase it better, what does Batwoman do? She's gay, but they havn't given her a love interest since she put on the cowl even though that would be the easiest way to tie her into some floating mythos the same way Bruce is tied to the League of Assassins via Talia. She's military trained, but since she never got her pips all that comes of that is her dad's connections. She had an occult thing going with the Religion of Crime and they really should have pushed that angle by having her get embroiled in different cults after that, but they just didn't. not in any meaningful way

yeah but even if it wasn't the rest of her dialogue screams "I used to be a dude"

Same as you, idk what that other user is on or its another dumb term people have come up with.

Well yeah it's obvious now that I looked up what "pupal stage" means.

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/deadname

the trans community is the only place I've ever encountered the term. I think it's a bit overdramatic but I suppose its meant to act like a magic feather and help give them confidence

>had to look up what pupal stage means
I don't blame you, I blame your teachers

Thanks for the storytime

I think it's that none of it feels earned. These self taught heroes are always the worst for that exact reason. She keeps being treated as on the same level as Batman, but all she is is a military dropout.
I have the same problem with Batgirl being portrayed as on par or even better than the Robins, despite them being trained for years by Batman himself and operating directly under his watchful eye.

Lmao ye it seems she is trans.

I probably learned it in like 4th grade, it's been a while.

>I think it's that none of it feels earned. These self taught heroes are always the worst for that exact reason. She keeps being treated as on the same level as Batman, but all she is is a military dropout.

This. It's impossible for me to take Kate seriously as a badass when she has less military experience than fucking I do. They should have at least made her some implausible "only female Delta ever, formerly only female Spetznaz ever, 200 confirmed kills, served in all wars on both sides". That would make her an obnoxious mary sue, but she'd enjoy some form of legitimacy.

Alternative would be to just avoid direct comparisons to other heroes as much as possible.

Kate is intially nervous and unsure about herself. She's just starting out. After getting some prep talk from her father she decide to ignore how she feels and just break out into gotham. Embracing her new role as Batwoman. That was my take away from the first two pages. It's a pretty simple break down I know but it works to address this idea.

What happened to the victim syndicate arc? Did they wrap it up while I wasn't looking?

>long hair
Meh

yeah
and we never found out who patient zero is.
also worst Robin aka Spoiler decided the Victims were right and now she hates Batman.
his response in the epilogue was almost word for word 'it's just a phase, she'll get over it'
kinda funny

This art is absolutely beautiful.

Technically Batman is a "self-taught hero" too.

random curiosity, whats the worst art that Batwoman has ever been subjected to?

Read the Jh Williams issues of n52 Batwoman or Elegy
Fuck you

>trans character
Neat. I hope it doesn't become a major part of her character aside from backstory though
The art after Williams left in issue 25 was fucking atrocious

>expert on post human bio-weaponry

not just trans, but probably a perfect genetic change from male to female. I'm fine with transgender characters, but lets keep it consistent with the setting please.

what if its not just male to female but nonhuman to human?

maybe she's from Gorilla City?

Well it makes sense that they put her in charge of monster town
You have to be somewhat of a monster to hunt monsters and Transsexuals are pretty much human monsters.

You know its true user

Damn, the art in this was fucking beautiful.

This was a good issue, I'm actually looking forward to the Batwoman solo.

This, I assumed it was a codename. At least she didn't hit us over the head with it.

People arent asking the important question.

Does she still have a feminine penis? Because that will make or break the character for me.

Huh? He studied for around about a decade under multiple martial arts masters, bounty hunters, detectives, alchemists, ninjitsu masters, etc...he was never really a "natural", he just had absolute dedication and drive.

I'm glad I'm decided to no longer pay for this book.

deadname is an anagram of dame edna.

That's transphobic and disrespectful user

Will they finally give Batwoman some good dicking?

>We Pacific Rim now!

What did he mean by this?

Fucking Gray Fox, is that you?

If you mean the newbie self-taught hero who is supposed to be almost as good as the more established character I agree with you.

She is often a bit overexaggerated based on what she has actually had to do and the threats she's encountered. She's a cool character in a lot of ways and has benefited from some good books, but she doesn't have the experience of any Robin even.

>Marguerite Bennett's first issue
>She introduces a new trans character

Like clockwork. Why are these SJW types always virtue signaling?

Too bad he isn't actually dead at all, retard.

Also you're wrong.

If I was an editor at DC, I would give her a challenge. Yout get to write whatever story you want, with the artist you want, BUT it must star a straight white male, and there can't be any LGBT supporting characters.
Wonder how it would turn out.

Thank your Silver

>What can Batwoman do that Batman can't?

Is Kate's dad secretly Sup Forums?

kek. Tynion just combined the only two interesting character from Pacific Rim and made it a chick.

>they havn't given her a love interest since she put on the cowl
uh...

>he was never really a "natural"
I would disagree considering he learned more in about 10 years than real people would be able to in a lifetime.

Maybe

>two separate pages that kind of look similar being put together
dc come get your mans

That's nothing impressive in comics, not when compared to real naturals like Tim for example or many other characters

Holy shit timfags are so much worse than damianfags

Just pointing out that characters like Tim surpassed Batman in skills without even trying too hard

>characters like Tim surpassed Batman in skills
You're fucking mental if you believe this. List one single piece of evidence.

>#948
That's a lot of comics.

That was completely ok

> No Cass. No based Basil. No Jean Paul.

Oh good, so there's no reason to buy this arc then.

Damn, I want t know how night of the monster men would have looked like if it had been drawn by Ben Oliver.

So literally make her backstory that Navy SEAL copy-pasta? I kinda like it.

Please we all know if she were what you wanted Sup Forums would hate that even more.

What's wrong with making new minority characters? That's what you guys always say when an established characters has their race/gender/sexuality changed, that they should've made a new character instead.

it's called wanting to whine, Sup Forums does it a lot

I'm looking forward to the response to this because it's usually:

>They're shoving it in our faces
>It's not natural/cohesive to the story/world
>They're such a small part of the population
>insert agenda

Yeah dawg, hurt me more Batwoman

Giant monster skellies.

He is boring user. I hope Mr. Oz fucking guts him

>actually believing this
lol