Why is it that nobody ever wants to acknowledge the fact that Civil War was a terrible movie...

Why is it that nobody ever wants to acknowledge the fact that Civil War was a terrible movie? Why did people forget all about it so soon? All this hate directed towards BvS and then the same people going back to enjoy the cinematic abomination that is CW. Blatant hypocrisy.

Other urls found in this thread:

is2.Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>it's fun! It's supposed to look like trash and be written like a shitty TV episode, it's FUN FUN FUN

>people admitting anything
if a razzie nominee gets die hard defenders, i dont see why billion-dollar hit shouldnt

i dont see how you would change our mind anymore than we could change yours

So why was a movie that was objectively better shot and acted out get nominated to Razzies while the movie that looks like a TV show capeshit get praised endlessly?

Bait first of all, but while CW might not be a cinematic masterpiece it was exactly what it needed to be a showcase of established likeable characters coming into conflict with each other

Because scene composition doesn't make a good story. And actors can only do so much with a retarded script. Affleck acted the hell out of that role but he can only do so much.

The retarded script? I guess you're talking about CW now, right? Because there was nothing of substance in that shallow poorly-motivated conflict that ended with almost no lasting repercussions. A status quo movie in its pure sense.

is2.Sup Forums.org/wsg/1483584793719.webm

Loved by all, the ideal of superhero movies. Stop asking the wrong questions. We must talk more about how doomed DCEU is.

I liked both BvS and Civil War...different movies with different strong points and different flaws

BvS is hated because...people are sheep and it's popular to praise Marvel and hate DC atm, but it did have it's issues...almost had a Spider-Man 3 thing going on with too many plots happening but it was fortunately much more entertaiing than Spider-Man 3, the action scenes in it are superb and Batman and Wonder Woman steal any scene they're in

Civil War was good....I was expecting to dislike it because I didn't care for Age of Ultron too much, but it was better than that movie by quite a bit....but as usual, MCU action a lot of times is so fucking random....it's like how strong or weak characters are changes at the drop of a dime and I felt that was really apparent with this movie, just a personal gripe, and I thought their way of bringing in Spider-Man to the MCU was poor and rash, felt like a last minute decision and was a detriment both to the movie and Spider-Man in the MCU in general, that being said I still thought it was a good movie by capeshit standards anyway

waaah why is no one taking my baaaaaaaait

>if a razzie nominee

The razzies are just a joke of course they would go after BvS to get noticed this year. It wasn't a great film but it doesn't deserve a Razzie

It's not bait. It's a geniune question. Why are people so quick to overlook the blatant flaws of Civil War while simultaneously nitpick every aspect of BvS to death. It's hypocrisy. CW didn't deserve all the praise it got. It's flawed as fuck, and obviously rushed out to compete with BvS. And BvS didn't receive all the shit it got. While far from perfect, it still holds itself higher than CW ever can be argued to.

>This thread again
Sup Forums is starting to getting into Sup Forums levels of meming.

What's funny is that the retards nominated Ben Affleck and Jeremy Irons thinking those were the things people hated by BvS.

Goes to show just how fucking clueless everyone is and just repeats the popular opinion without a second of reflection.

Blatant company war threads are against the rules, I used to report them frequently but I've stopped giving a shit most of the time and I assume others have too since these threads usually last a while

BvS is up for some dumb shit. Does Affleck really deserve a "Worst actor" nomination ?

>and Jeremy Irons

Fucking how?

Social media is a giant clusterfuck of opinions being repeated endlessly by impressionable fucktards who want to be "in" with the consensus. People who will eat any garbage and dismiss everything else based on the notion that everyone else is doing the same. I'm actually glad they nominated Affleck and Irons. Goes to show just how little the people who destroyed BvS actually understands.

> everyone but me is dumb sheeple
that sounds rather pretentious

If blatant company wars are against the rules, why is the "DCEU IS DOOMED!!" thread allowed to stay when it's obvious whoever made it was in it just to portray the movies in negative light?

Because it was an enjoyable movie. Went to see it with my old man, he's 61. He loved it.
Normies, man. Normies can ENJOY things and have FUN.

Because it was enjoyable, while BvS wasn't.

CW made 1 billion and critics loved it

BvS flopped with 700m and critics shit the truth about how shit it was

The people spoke with their wallets and the critics spoke with their words

What is taste?
Does it differ?
Is it subjective?

BvS was enjoyable, while CW wasn't.

Unless your idea of enjoyment is having ten superheroes engage in a CGI fight with zero consequences on a CGI airport where nothing makes sense and everyone just randomly punch each other and nobody is ever hurt or anything.

Follow me and I shall make you fishers of (You)s.
t. Snyder

BvS almost made a billion aswell AND outsold CW on blu-ray.

And nothing you said actually justifies CW being terrible.

the DCEU is doomed thread is mostly people pitching their suggestions on what could have been done better. Marvel is barely mentioned beyond 'doing your solo movies before your crossover movies is actually better for the audience'

i dont see what the OP wants to do? tell us we are wrong? what would that accomplish, nobody has ever changed their minds because they were told their side sucks

if you wanted to drag this over 500 posts consisting of
>you are wrong
>no you are wrong
then mission accomplished

Could be because you can't justify something being terrible when it isn't.
Just a thought.

90% on RT

With a CGI Spider-Man inserted the last second of rewrites.

This is the "Vibranium-standard" of superhero films

That there looks like a scene from a trailer to a different movie to me.

Because MARTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA is pure cinematic gold

The DCEU doomed threads are filled with doomsday asspulls coupled with the MCU ass-kissing. Just go and read the thread. There's been a couple of shitposters there desperately attempting to poke holes in BvS and getting shut down every time. It's not a coincidence BvS is their target.

Let's just admit it. Disney owns these bloggers that call themselves critics. There's no way around it. BvS didn't deserve 20% and CW sure as fuck didn't deserve 90%. Nobody can look at those numbers and say there isn't anything suspicious going on.

Ding-ding. Ding-ding. Ding-ding.
Ding-ding

>i dont like the results
>conspiracy is the most likely reason

>Nocturnal Animals has the highest rating
HOLY FUCK THOSE SHILLS!

Cw was tolerable, bvs was not

In videogames, there is a common sense that reviews cannot be trusted. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's common sense the people who write these things are easily influenced.

An alternative explanation: Marvel makes movies that most people can agree are, at the least, enjoyable. All those numbers mean is a certain percentage of people said "Yes, I enjoyed watching this movie."

Do you know how Rotten Tomatoes work? Because from your post I get the idea you don't know what you are talking about

This is what a top-grade superhero movie looks like. What thrilling photography. What excellent action choreography.

More critics had a positive impression on CW than the two below. Less critics had a negative impression of CW than the two below.

>Tony tries to punch a supersoldier in the face
I thought he was supposed to be a smart guy?

that particular scene gets a 7/10
it was ok

Only when the plot wants him to be.

> I almost got first place

Yeah...

Maybe CW didn't need to sell blurays to fix the reasons why their movie didn't flop and everyone was happy and content with what they had. It's a sad day when WB makes you pay for a movie twice to get the experience you deserved the first time

he couldnt just run, now could he?

>maybe Marvel just WANTED TO SELL LESS
Oh man. And people say there aren't paid Marvel shills on here.

> WB too poor to afford bloggers

Makes total sense

BvS did have the "real" movie on the Bluray, something they didn't show in the theaters.

WB marketing sucks. They've allowed Disney to trample all over them.

Because nobody reports it, also depends on the mod....there is nothing inherently wrong with that if it doesn't mention Marvel, a thread like this at one point in time would have been deleted on the spot if it was reported enough, the image OP used is even named "DC VS MARVEL"

The majority of people consider what Lady Gaga does (singing about dicks, gays, and being a slut) to be high art just because she puts bacon on her face and covers her eye up once in a while.....popular opinion means nothing, and I say this as somebody who liked Civil War and BvS pretty much equally probably with a slight lean towards Civil War, but the opinion of rubes, sheep, and lemmings does not make something good

>there is nothing inherently wrong with that if it doesn't mention Marvel,
To be fair, that particular thread is full of MCU asskissing and there is even the resident BvS shitposter there posting his standard webms. There is no doubt why that thread exists and who made it. This goes in general for all "DCEU IS DOOOOOOOMED" bullshit that the Internet wants you to fall for. It's all marketing.

> first time having super hero collab

>Avengers
1.5 BILLION

>Batman Vs Superman
872 million

Speaks for how shit WB is.

> You should have to pay double to watch the same movie twice

Talking about shilling, are we? You're saying it's ok for studios to hold out on making good movies so they can double their profits instead being true to fans?

Margot Robbie was nominated for Harley Quinn AND Jane from the Tarzan movie, neither which was in any way the worst performance of the year.

Imagine all those butchered Marvel movies. Scenes that Marvel forever threw away because they wanted to hit a certain time limit for its theatrical showing. Is it better to have scenes forever thrown out or give the fans the chance to see an extended cut?

You're whining about getting more. Also don't pretend Marvel don't butcher the fuck out of its theatrical releases.

The whole list was bloated with DC movies with not a single Marvel movie present.

Really made ya think, didn't it?

Mediocrity doesn't warrant hatred.

Why are DCfags putting themselves on suicide watch every day?

>don't pretend Marvel don't butcher the fuck out of its theatrical releases
At least their theatrical releases tend to at least be decent enough to where you don't *need* an extended cut. This is what editing is for.

Those special effects at the very lease deserve it.

>Civil War is a horrible movie
yeah I agr-
>therefore BvS is a masterpiece
nope

I will be honest

I didn't watch either BvS or CW

and honestly I'm just tired of Superhero movies

the reason BvS gets all the hate is because of fans like you, who won't give it up and keep bringing it up months and months after it should have been forgotten

CW doesn't get hated cause we don't have people still trying to argue that it was good 24/7

also no one cared about Avengers 2.5 it doesn't matter if it flopped or not, but BvS was basically the basis for every movie DC wants to make going forward, so it actually matters to their franchise if it was a good movie or not

Plenty of Marvel movies have been butchered in editing. Remember Iron Man 2?

>It's not bait.
That literally means it is.

The Razzie nominations and emerging rumors about Justice League and Wonder Woman being train-wrecks have gotten their asses particularly sore lately.

This might be the dumbest post I've read all week.

>with not a single Marvel movie present.
You'd have to be seriously delusional to think any Marvel movie this year is Razzie material.

Hmm, oh yes. "rumors from reliable anonymous sources" saying that JL is doomed and DC will crash tomorrow and you should just stop caring for it at all. Very reliable. No bias or agenda or anything.

Dr Strange was fucking awful. Not only was the dialouge so dumb it actually made cartoons look smart, but the whole story was basically over before it even began. Not to mention Strange basically being just another Tony Stark in almost every way and the lame quips and uneven tone.

It was fairly blatant the movie got butchered through reshots to make it "more fun".

Why do they feel the need to take it out on Sup Forums and not Sup Forums? If we're gonna talk DC live action, I'd rather it be CW Flash

I see no reason not to believe it. Green Lantern wasn't that long ago.
Do I have to explain again the differences between Stark and Strange's character arcs? Because I will if I have to.

Not arguing that. What I am arguing is that the butchering didn't necessitate a full scale director's/extended cut. I'm sure there's much better versions of Dark World and Iron Man 2 than what we got, but the films aren't so mangled that they damn near lose coherence. At worst they're boring, rather than being thematically muddied and otherwise severely crippled in their theatrical release.

Civil War did what it set out to do effectively. It managed to portray a comic book-esque battle between heroes while keeping the conflict a somewhat believable one. It was framed in a way that complemented the fight choreography, and Robert Downey Jr. actually had to ACT in the Tony Stark role this time around instead of just play himself, which had the side effect of making him easily the best character in the flick. I also feel like it actually managed to juggle it's many subplots surprisingly competently.

BvS had good cinematography, but that's all it really had going for it. The only actor worth a damn is Ben, and I really liked the scene where Batman rescues Martha, and literally NOTHING else. Maybe Wondie's theme music was kind of cool, but annoying after awhile. The movie has no charm, and the context of the conflict is downright laughable. It's just a mess of a film as a whole, even the extended edition, and Zack Snyder has no idea how to handle multiple ongoing plots at once. Mercifully, Man of Steel wasn't all that hindered by this, but it REALLY showed in BvS.

That said, I am REALLY looking forward to Affleck's Batflick.

Let's see

>eccentric and spoiled rich man with a wicked sense of humor
>ends up in an accident
>has his most valuable thing taken from him
>has to rebuild himself from scratch
>later learns to stop be an asshole
>still has his wicked sense of humor left

Must be so easy writing these Marvel movies. Just rehash the Iron Man script and change a few names and you got a new movie.

>Why do they feel the need to take it out on Sup Forums and not Sup Forums?
Because Sup Forums laughs at them and roasts the shit out of them for liking such terrible movies. Sup Forums hates all "capeshit" and especially DC fans, because they try to act like their capeshit is high art.

Plenty of MCU movies have been bad in general, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor, Thor 2, GOTG (yes, I hate that stupid mascot comedy, fuck off) or in some cases extremely trite and mediocre even if not bad, such as Ant-Man and Dr. Strange

There may not be some grand conspiracy of Disney owning the bloggers, but there is a clear bias going on where Marvel is praised no matter what, even when they suck are just aren't even trying at all

Well, I don't know what else to say other than report the threads, I imagine people don't report them anymore but maybe new mods just don't give a fuck, whenever new janitors and shit come in they tend to ignore certain rules or suddenly care about rules that used to be ignored, and etc etc, those hot pocket eating fuckers are individuals too and how shit is dealt with on boards changes with the wind

>>Tony tries to punch a supersoldier in the face
Tony DID punch a supersoldier in the face after disorienting and disarming him. He literally did more than anyone on his team WITHOUT the suit.

Okay, you forced me into this.
>Tony uses his own resourcefulness and technology to escape his situation
>he is driven by guilt over his past actions and their consequences, he seeks to change
>his arc is defined by his own words "I'm Iron Man"; the fact that HIS technology and HIS ego are what make the hero exist
vs
>Strange loses everything he had and is driven to seek something new and different to restore it, he seeks to return to the old
>he has to forget what he once knew and learn completely different skills from scratch
>his arc is defined by The Ancient One's words "It's not about you"; the world does not revolve around Stephen Strange, all his power comes from external sources

I suppose I could go on but this should be enough even for you to understand the difference.

>should be enough even for you to understand the difference.
I doubt it.

Marvel butchers it's films and still makes a billion off the quality of what's left.

DC butchers it's crap and flops and then tries to sell you the scraps as "extra" so they can make up on lost profits from butchering their films

DC Fans
> I paid to eat shit because I was promised that if I paid AGAIN that my second meal wouldn't be shit
> DC treats me so well by feeding me so much

Marvel Fans
> I paid once and had an enjoyable meal with over a billion people

What was good about BvS? BvS is almost literally the same thing you said about CW. I mean superman doesn't even actually die at the end of BvS, talk about 0 consequences.

You're not wrong but it's still the same formula with a fresh coat of paint, little details switched around but the end product is the same

Is Papercut the same Linkin Park song as Faint? No, you can analyze and point out all the ways they're different, but they still follow the same formula and basically give you the same listening experience

>the arcs end in completely opposite places
>little details
Okay, fuck you. There's no talking to people like you.

Conspiracy theories are stupid.

Look at it this way: do you actually READ the reviews posted on RottenTomatoes?

Because if you actually did, you'd notice that most reviewers aren't very good critics.

RottenTomatoes is a popularity contest. It's not exactly a good tool for quality criticism.

>> How are we gonna introduce additional characters for our next major film
> I know, short 40 second clips on YouTube
>> So you're gonna release teasers outside of the film after its release?
> No no no, the 40 second clips are gonna BE the movie

Genius

Are you shitting me? Time Warner did a GREAT job at marketing. 870m is a great amount of money for a part 2 film, especially with bad reviews. Especially with how it fails to deliver on the title of Batman Vs Superman, especially for a march film, especially since they keep selling products tied into the movie. It's a pretty big success for them.

>Marvel Fans
>> I paid once and had an enjoyable meal with over a billion people

That's a joke. Marvel is the film equivalent of eating at McDonalds, it's assembly belt crap that has been through countless focus groups to be as inoffensive and pandering to the lowest common denominator as possible, no chances no risks no innovation, just something that has enough of what people are proven to like....such as salt and sugar, but not actually willing to use quality ingredients because that wouldn't be cost effective and in the end, you got your daily dose of salt and sugar, nobody eats at McDonalds and considers it a quality meal, but it did feed a bit of your stupid addiction to junk that you know you'd be better off without

Not saying I dislike MCU movies or McDonalds, I quite enjoy both, but let's not be delusional here....MCU for the most part are not going to be movies that stand the test of time or are looked at by future generations as being great films

Now, another issue I have with your post...you use the term "Marvel Fans", please stop that, MCU drones are not Marvel fans and probably never picked up a comic until the MCU and possibly still haven't, you can't be a Marvel fan if you're not a comics fan, and no Marvel comics fan is too big on many of the comics they're putting out as of late

You have to understand that for nerds, numbers going up is necessary for them to enjoy media. Since they base their identities on products, the success of said product validates them

>Marvel Fans
>I paid for shit and I got shit. Why do you think shit isn't a good meal? haha, you're dumb and delusional and the popular opinion doesn't' agree with you so get bent.
fixed

There was a post yesterday that basically had Marvel destroy anything that could've made Iron Man 2 good by focus-testing the fuck out of every scene and leave a bland and tasteless movie for the masses. This isn't a secret.

>you're only a Marvel fan if you like the comics I like
Dude.

Because BvS was so bad that it makes everyone forget about all the other bad movie of the time.

>still trying to defend BvS by attacking the Marvel fanbase
I'm sorry to say that, but this movie is terrible. Blaming the Marvel fans won't change that.

>people like the movie because they're sheep... I mean yeah, I liked it too...

Because people enjoyed Civil War and did not enjoy BvS.
It's that simple.
At the most basic level Civil War succeed and BvS failed. Most of their respective praise/criticism flows on from this.

At the very most basic level, Civil War is complete shit. Awful visuals, boring fights, crappy dialouge and meaningless interactions.

And yet it was enjoyable and FUN.