New Super-Man #7 Storytime

Howdy folks, how are you all tonight?

im gunna warm up some dumplings, sorry if the auto dump fucks up while im gone

superman is asian now? i dont keep up with comics

wait, there's an auto dump program? You mean I could just be dumping images automatically instead of navigating thru my images every fucking time?

Superman "died" recently. He literally exploded into beams of energy, which touched Lois, Lana, and this dude Kenan Kong, giving each of them superpowers.

The reason why you might still be seeing Supes around right now is because he's an alternate universe Superman who is filling in the role.

Literal Chinese knock-off, Chinese government is attempting to create their own justice league, he's part of the program.

Sup Forums x

Thanks for the storytime, op

my pleasure baby cakes

the batman/ww of China ship is sailing!

Is Billy Tan the new regular artist?

Stuck in a rock? Have I missed an issue?

CUTE!!!

Stop the WW/Bat ship. I want to see sexual adventures of Bat-Man and his imouto.

what is that internet slang for? I mean I'm assuming dick, but you know what they say about asses

I love this guy

He's like the Stick but fun.

More people need to be reading this series.

Love Yang's take on I-Chang

man, I really like how much content Yang can put on the same 23 pages that other authors cant.

He build so many bridges with just one issue.

Thanks for the Storytime..

>Kenan gets an F
Heh.

Damn, I gotta give this author props.
He can move the story forwards in two different angles immensely in ONE issue.

Bendis needs to learn from this guy.

>I-Ching and O-Sensei

I can die happy now.

>Green Lantern of China
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

YES!!

3?
Bat Academy
Lantern Academy
???

This book is so fucking good

great variant

I'm not sure. I don't remember her origin being revealed yet either

>the hyphen being blocked or destroyed on the covers
Noice

keking at that wonder woman snark

Will the joker of china want to get in Batman of china's pants too.

stuck in in a rock? She's Sun Wukong?

Best superhuman training.

Guest only; Bodganovic will return soon.

Speedforce Academy

Is it just me or is this title shounen as fuck?

OK cover.

awesome variant cover

His MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEEAAAAAD will be strong.

So comics are now jumping on China's dick, too?

It's 草泥马

Meaning "fuck your mom"

Whiteys are obsolete. Accept that already and we might give you some safespace or some reservations like you gave indians

This page panders to me. I suppose that makes me a shill.

the scene where he doesn't know what luthor is saying is hilarious

this new artist is kinda eh...

I dunno, they draw a cute Wonder-Woman

>Academy of the lantern
WE IN IT NOW BOYS

>stuck in a rock for 200 years

what in the fuck?

explain

Thanks, OP.

>Why is this the first that we have heard of
First *time* I guess

Superman from New Earth is the main Supes now.

Superman from Prime Earth died. His red energy gave Kryptonian powers to Lois, Lana and this guy, Kenan Kong, whom Chinese government recruited for their own Justice League of China.

>that fourth panel
AND I KNOW WHEN MY HOTLINE BLING

BE A MAN
WE MUST BE SWIFT AS A COURSING RIVER

just saying "the first" isn't an uncommon way of expressing that

> yfw trump becomes president and he's taking the piss out of you, selling your country to glorious china even more

There is nothing at all grammatically wrong about that sentence

Why is asian batman fat? Or is this just bad art?

Baixi is fat specifically to piss off people who would complain about it.

>everyone in the comic is constantly calling him chubby, fatso and the like
Gee I don't know user

I love this comic

They really do. My LCS owner was complaining about it just being forced diversity (and how poorly it was selling). But it's my favorite rebirth title

>forced diversity
>literally takes place in China
I was gonna avoid saying it outright, but fuck it. That's just kinda fucking racist. The fuck does this idiot want, for the Chinese government to recruit a bunch of whiteys for their new cape team? Yeah, cause that's gonna happen. Fuckin' retard.

Reactionaries are almost as bad as the social justice assholes that made them. Nowadays it's fucking impossible to have a non-white, non-straight character without a subset of people crying about forced diversity and pandering to the left.

Things like this are why I love this book

>Nowadays it's fucking impossible to have a non-white, non-straight character without a subset of people crying about forced diversity and pandering to the left.
Probably because 90% of the time that's exactly what it is. I like this comic and there isn't any pandering, but it shouldn't be surprising that some people can't help but think a comic like this is leftist pandering crap considering what's been pumped out for the last few years.

It's not surprising, but it still makes some people idiotic. Yes, there is pandering and forced bullshit out there. But you shouldn't just assume that anything with a brown person or a gay person is just looking to fulfill some sort of quota. It's easy enough to fucking read an issue or two before jumping to conclusions.

Case in point, Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider's been acussed of being "forced diversity". While his creator said that no, no one told him to make the guy Latino, just that he needs to be younger than Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch and drive a car. Smith's logic was "I'm a Latino and I know how it was growing up as one in LA, so if I make him a Latino growing up in LA it will be easier to write".

So this happens after the current Supermen crossover, right?

Before, I'd imagine. Well before.

Anybody want to story time the other 6?

man I wish the guy doing these was the main artist, I think he's doing the Space Jam story for Totally Awesome Hulk?

O-Sensei!
That means Chinese Batman might actually be pretty good.

Who is this O-Sensei? I see people in this thread getting excited by the name drop, but I have no idea who it is

Sun Wukong, Monkey, Great Sage Equal to Heaven. Got in a fight with the entire army of the chinese gods and was winning until they called Budha. Budha stuck him under a mountain, then since he started lifting the mountain, Budha stuck a prayer strip on the top of the moutain to seal his powers.

Sun Wukong was stuck there for a few centuries until a goddess released him so he could bodyguard a traveling monk and earn his redemption. She also stuck him with an irremovable crown/tiara thing that would give him debilitating headaches if he disobeyed the monk.

>I think I'm a couple of issues behind. Oh well no biggie I'll catch up later
>MY PARENTS ARE DEEAAAD

Well shit

Pre-52 he was one of the greatest martial artists in DC, having taught Richard Dragon and Bronze Tiger, and being Lady Shivas godfather. Those three are the top three greatest martial artists in DC in some order. (Not counting Karate Kid since he's from the future)

If Deilan is yet another character based on Journey to the West, this book is dead to me. Fuck Journey to the West, fuck mythology, fuck this cliche. I already have to put up with this kind of bullshit from normal Diana's material.

To All Writers

The Olympians are annoying cunts. Stop using them. Seriously, enough.

Sincerely, a Wonder Woman fan.

PS
I mean it, if this is yet another fucking JttW reference, I'm dropping this book and cheering when it inevitably dies from low sales.