Why do people on this website shit on popular and acclaimed directors who are objectively good like Tarantino...

Why do people on this website shit on popular and acclaimed directors who are objectively good like Tarantino, Chazelle or Villeneuve but overrate memes like Snyder, Lynch or Fincher?

The world is contrarian. Sup Forums is right.

They crave attention and can only receive it though (You)s Cells

That's some tasty chocolate

What's the point of getting upvoats/retweets on an anonymous forum?

>Fincher
>meme

>Lynch is a meme

dude epic twists lmao

dude just like dali painted dreams I shoot nightmares lmao

>objectively good
stopped reading there
nothing is "objectively good" in art

you can't prove the mona lisa looks better than the shit I took this morning after eating spicy mexican last night

Yes you can. If they make good movies then they are objectively good.

>tarantino
>good
highschoolers like you shouldnt post here

define good movie

>nothing is "objectively good" in art

>If they make a movie I perceive as good, then they are good to everyone else because I said so

See? This is the kind of retard I'm talking about, people who don't understand something can be popular and objectively good at the same time, like the Beatles, Kanye West or Tarantino

that girl. my bed. now.

Looks better? Maybe not because you might be an imbecile.

But I could certainly objectively explain why the ML is art and your turd is not.

Competent and cohesive story, decent writing entertaining and good acting

Why don't you ask them?

Right but tartantonio isn't one of them

>dude objective taste
>it also happens to align 100% with my personal opinions
Kill yourself.

it gets replies.

screw bed. would do her right next to that wall

See Are you saying that in a situation when some user makes a post """""pretending""""" to be retarded and I call him a retard he's the one winning because he got a reply and I somehow lost? Like I can only use 300 replies in my lifetime and I wasted one on him?

Dude I just used the dude meme lmao

>Competent and cohesive story
not the job of a director
>decent writing entertaining
>and good acting

What the fuck do you think the director does?

directing, which is pretty different from writing or acting

you're not very smart are you

Tarantino
>Entertaining hack
Chazelle
>Decent, nothing special
Villeneuve
>Gradually proving himself to be great
Snyder
>Decent, nothing special
Lynch
>Undeniably great backcatalogue
Fincher
>Great director, sort of like Kubrick though, emotionally hollow half the time.

Not him but yea film has rules like any other medium that you can determine if it's a good movie or not. There are a lot of factors that can cloud your judgement when deciding if you subjectively like a movie however. For instance it's easy for a writer and director to make a lot of ambiguiously motivated characters which people who don't actually know about film will mistaken for profound or intellegent especially coupled with good camera work they will proudly proclaim as cinematography, a word used by anyone who can't form any real opinions about movies.

Who is this she-baboon?

You do realize they work very closely with the writer and actor and is their job to make sure what they are doing works right, these aspects don't all work Ina vacuum from each other.

>muh rules
arbitrary and subjective

>tfw no neubian gf

ITS NOT FAIR!!!

your tiny white dick wouldn't be enough for her tho

They are real and popular opinion proves these rules time and time again. That's why certain story types have been retold through the ages.

Stories that speak to everyone will always be enjoyed by everyone and will always transcend their genre while movies like bladerunner will always only be liked by people who like sci fi, you don't actually like the movie you just like the subject which you find interesting, take a non biased participant and they will give you an honest opinion it.

>popularity equals quality
your intelligence is decreasing with every post

Not the guy you quoted but in most cases, yes. The People on average tend to favour good things

Not just popularity alone but popularity over time. something that can still be enjoyed today also proves its quality. Transformers movies may have sold well but I wouldn't be surprised if time is unkind to these sorts of movies through the ages

Yes, populatirity isn't enough per se, but it's a condition

It's really hard to find something that is good and never becomes popular

mfw i cant respond to a retards post cause if i do ill look at a cutie for too long and have to go jerk it