Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider

I actually like the costume, what i dont like is the smile, that makes me believe that he is going to be Spidercide.
They did it already, with Kaine in the hoodie, they make us believe he was Ben, so i hope they aren't doing it again. Maybe he just got a bit of Spidercide inside his head, after all the times Ben died.

Speculation thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.marvel.com/comics/57911/scarlet-spider-seeing-red/?utm_campaign=rss_feeds&utm_source=news_homepage&utm_medium=rss&utm_content=story-57911&
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I actually like the costume

So you're a tasteless faggot. Got it.

Eh, everyone got his own taste

It's a fucking costume who cares as long as the story's good I could care less.

So they basically made him male spider-gwen.

Spider-Ben?

At least they never gave him a pair of hideous old asian lady slippers like spider-gwen got.

>Spider-Ben
That's the name. You heard it here first folks from now on Ben will be known as Spider-Ben.

The blue and red just don't work together here , there was no need of a big redesign.
The gloves pattern is too complex in comparison of the rest of the suit.
The mouth never worked on a spiderman costume and it never will

And thus on this day he was christened. The Spider-Ben.

>The mouth never worked on a spiderman costume and it never will
Pic related.

Am I the only person that just doesn't like bagelys art? I want to see this design drawn by someone else

There, by Steven Butler
Also what we know so far of the story: news.marvel.com/comics/57911/scarlet-spider-seeing-red/?utm_campaign=rss_feeds&utm_source=news_homepage&utm_medium=rss&utm_content=story-57911&

>Peter David: He’s kind of nuts. I mean, I’ve been reading the new coverage of the title thus far and everyone seems to be saying, “Well, Ben’s decided he’s going to be a hero again.” No, he’s not. He has no idea what he is.

we're basically fucked, aren't we?

Yup. This book is likely going to be terrible.

And Kaine seems to want him dead.
Remember when Kaine used to look up to him as a role model?

Kaine also wanted him dead in the Lost Years and the 90s Clone Saga. So its just full circle for Kaine.

I thought things came 'full circle' when they basically wrapped (Kaine and Ben made peace, Ben came back from the brink his own guy but still a decent person).

This feels like resetting both of them in a very roundabout way with Ben still going "what am I?!" just when he found out he was a clone and Kaine wanting him dead because he doesn't like what he sees in Ben.

>Ben came back from the brink his own guy but still a decent person

Wut.

In the original clone saga? Reading comprehension much?

Kaine wasn't in the original clone saga, dingus.

The original clone saga was from the 70s.

The second clone saga is the 90s one.

We are on Clone Saga #3 with Clone Conspiracy.

Nice deflect.

Read your text again. No need to be enraged, PAD got it covered.

>Reading comprehension much?

Hard to read something that makes no fucking sense. "Came back from the brink his own guy" The fuck does that even mean?

The hood makes no sense in this context.
Looks like garbage.

Sure Pedro

>Grammar? What's that?

It doesnt make that sense now
Kaine wanted to protect Peter even when he was SpOck and a totally asshole.
But now he wants to kill his other brother? This is bullshit.

We don't really know his motivations until Clone Conspiracy is over. Ben can still fuck some shit up.

I bet he goes all "Fuck you Pete, I was going to give you a better world now all you get is a world of Carrions."

He's traveled the multiverse and seen world after world go to hell because of the machinations of Ben.

Yeah but this is supposed to be after the CC

Spidercide has an awful design

We can probably go for some out of context posting.

I agree. Parker brothers fandom, unite!

Here, I inked it just to see if colors work outside Bagley. It's growing on me. No mouth, tough.

This is great, i hope the mouth will go away eventually.

but David is totally in love with the mouth...

hrm, probably projection? must investigate further.

looks great.

I'd hope Butler gets to do a variant cover or something, I always liked his art

>but David is totally in love with the mouth...

He is probably lying to cover the Spidercide plot

I hope that someday down the line Kaine eventually make amends with Ben.

Pete could come to a Scarlet Spider annual or something like that and just HANG TOGETHER. No fighting, no arguing, no hating each other, just three brother hanging out and bonding.

Pic related.

I feel bad seeing PAD dealing with the ones who dont like the costume on twitter

To everyone who hates the costume or the mouth, here's Miles smiling under the mask. I think under the right angle, it can be a powerful storytelling device to work with.

But it only works in the hands of the right artist, or else we gave Spidercide 2.0

Forgot to upload the image.

Anything of notice?

Poor Pad, sent him this one to prove that the mouth mask can be scary.

>You know what really gets me? People what loathe Trump cos he's a racist happily tweeting about getting the new Scarlet Spider book. Ummm

HAHAHAHAHAHA

and people go 'why don't you use twitter again'

Nope, the man is just trying to say they should wait to actually read the issue before talking.
The man dont know is a lost battle.
He probably can't say anything more than he already said in the interviews btw.

I'm fully going to give this a chance but his 'father knows best' attitude sure doesn't help it

It's kinda pissing me off. PAD doesn't seem to know that Reilly and Kaine fans are the most devoted. If you're gonna write them, at least do your job and get to know the characters before putting them on new status quo.

>People what loathe Trump cos he's a racist happily tweeting about getting the new Scarlet Spider book

What. The. Fuck.
What is the mental processing behind this?

>Kaine fans are the most devoted
Another five years of Kaine absence and we are going to become Dick Rider fans 2.0

>Kaine absence

But he's been heavily featured in the clone conspiracy. It's not the same at all. And I say this as someone who's a huge Kaine and Richard fan.

this is your brain on social media.

the smile is essential because he's actually Spidercide

bravo Slott

Yeah, sure we had this hiatus from Spider-Verse until Clone Conspiracy but 'bringing Dick back' was about as taboo was 'acknowledge the Clone Saga in any way' before BND when DeMatteis showed up to write some Kaine backups and he also appeared in the Amazing Spider-Man storyarcs.

Yeah, no way bagely put that smirk for no reason.

this is actually pretty creepy

So do you guys think the smirk goes away eventually or will Marvel's current policy ("We know what's good for you: keeping you pissed off") win over?

I think it will depend on the artist. It can be good, if done properly.

Why do Kaine and Peter protect each other so much? Why does Peter seem to care more for Kaine's well being than Ben Reilly's?

Because they are brothers. Flawed brothers.

Reilly was better than them. Reilly was inspiration, example. Now... he is Spidercide.

That was a bit cold
He left the body there like garbage

It's a damn shame, user.

He probably thought he was the spider, rather than a human body controlling it user.

I wanted Ben back, not spidercide.
What is this monkey paw shit Marvel?

We have to live with it now, guys.

Rest assured, after 12 issues or so of PAD screwing Ben, BASED YOST will fill in and make the dream come true.

Why can't Kaine work with Peter as his bodyguard, user?

Because Kaine is Araceky's champion.

OK, just hire her on Parker Industries then. Problem solved.

It's settled then, Aracely is the intern girl who ruins the entire workplace by reading everyone's emotions (out loud) all the time by the time Ben Reilly SS#1 rolls into stores.

We need to make this happen with a drawfag.

Drawfags still care about Aracely, r-right?

Maybe you should have a seat, son.

I'll... try to make myself comfortable.

Wow that looks like shit.

And now?

I can't unsee the mouth, user. It's burned into my memory.

>Steven Butler
One of the more underrated artists of the '90s. Shame that he's more known for Sonic the Hedgehog than his Spider-Man stuff or his bitching Silver Sable covers.

It's a shame. I'd rather have him on the series but Bagley's a "name" so he'll have a job for life no matter how shitty his art gets.

If the hood was hanging from his neck needlessly I would be all for it.

On one hand, I want it to actually be Ben both to see the Spidercidefags blown out and because I'm tired of this continual bait and switch regarding bringing him back.

On the other hand, I don't want it to be him because everything about this series looks so bad.

That's what has me puzzled about this, still: why now?

For the longest time everyone in Marvel just said "Ben's story was done" (and sure, you can't take these to heart, but it showed 'current management' as far back as 2014 had no interest), and what with ALL the baits and switches hanging from the Amazing Spider-Man arcs that featured his past and Kaine, Kaine becoming new SS instead of Ben being around as one of the manspiders in Spider-Island, Kraven in the hoodie, Alternate Ben dying in Spider-Verse with every Ben implied to just die horribly... why now? What's different now?

The whole setup is almost as tone deaf as Penanceball.

And that sort of scares me.

>could care less
Kill yourself

Why not Todd Dezago or DeMatteis? they loved Ben

DeMatteis is on DC, but DeZago?

You know what, we should try to get in touch with him somehow. I always found it mighty weird that for all the Clone Saga throwbacks Marvel did, they went even for Howard Mackie who had badmouthed the thing on record but someone who always wanted to see where things could go like DeZago didn't get so much as a mention.

Last thing he did Spidey-wise IIRC was a Looter homage story to his pal Wieringo. Terrific artist too.

Holy fuck this is the most fucking brillant pic I have seen in any Kain/Spiderbros thread.

>DeMatteis is on DC
Is he exclusive?

I think I read he is but I'm absolutely not sure. I've only bothered with stortyimes and Win-O's for the last half decade.

Ben coming back dragged me back to discussion threads.

Just like me user

*Sniff* goddammit DeMatteis, you did it again, you brilliant bastard.

Why now? Probably because franchising the Spider-verse was the most commercially succesful idea they've had in a while.

And while it sucks and it's out of character... it makes sense from a selling point that they'd turn it into "insane Spider-Man: the book". Regular Ben would have a difficult time competing against regular Peter and Morales for the "classic Spider-Man" shtick. I don't LIKE it, but I get it.

I would really enjoy that.

But Ben is supposed to be like Peter without the inherent selfishness

DeMatteis/Butler on a Ben book would really be better than what we have. PAD has been hit and miss as a writer for a while and I think on anything he doesn't have a long history with or is able to stay in his own little corner disconnected from everything else his books have a tendency to suffer: his She-Hulk, for instance, was never particularly great and neither was his Friendly Neighborhood run.

What the fuck? What is this? Why the FUCK would they change one of the greatest costumes of all time to this bullshit?

FNSM sucked. I'm so disappointed by this book.

Sent something to Todd.

Will let you guys know if I hear back.

I'm afraid he is going to be both