Is college really worth it or is it just a meme?

Is college really worth it or is it just a meme?

Yes

try biz

Depends what field you want senpai.

Depends on your major. I majored in film and I wasted my time. Working in a field not even related to my studies making money. I'd say yes if you're going into med school

It's just a mem

i did feminist oragami construction. it helped me land a better job.

Yes. I majored in EE and can't get a job

Not in america

If you're doing something with career prospects, like STEM or petrolium engineering, sure.

If you do some dumb shit like sociology like my sister in law, you're a dumb faggot and you don't deserve good things.

If you do something like business, it might be worth it but you need to NETWORK.

If you cant afford college, learn a trade or do 4 years in the air force for the GI bill.

EZ

College is definetly worth if you're mature.

People, myself included, think "Of course I am!" And go straight into and get a degree they either hate, or with no kob prospects. If tou have clear, long term career goals then go to college and fight for them. This should be natural because of how much you care about them, they're your dreams after all.

But if you are unsure what you want to do in life, that's fine. Go to a cc and join the work force. Sure it'll take time, but it's better to spend a little extra time in the present than a lot of time in the future.

What was your GPA, famiglia? Did you do an internship?

I'm graduating this fall and I've been asking myself the same question.

There are 3 basic college experiences:

1) the sciences: you will learn very specialized very technical skills and theory which will allow you to make a comfortable living later on. It is quite rigorous, but very worth it if you can huck it

2) The humanities / liberal arts: you will get the 'classical liberal' education mixed in with neo-liberal bullshit. Stay clear of feminism and sociology, take philosophy and classics classes. Degrees from this field are not as useful for jobs, but are the 'classic' experience.

3) Fine arts / Studio arts: I hope you independently wealthy.

I started with sciences but flunked out and switched to liberal arts. I enjoyed the experience, but it is very expensive and I'll be paying it back for a while. I ran about 20K in debt, which is pretty low... but that ought to tell you something about how fucking expensive college is.

A graduation paper is a necessity if you want a good job, however, you should study in europe. Higher accredited universities at a fraction of the tuition fees.
Burning 30,000 dollars on a state-university paper is insane

Just student loans are the meme.

If you can pay cash, go for it.

college is just a meme.

Just don't get into a shitload of debt

This. Most women earn degrees because they mature earlier than men, around the age of 18. Men take longer to mature emotionally, usually until about the age of 25, but are better when they do. If you have any niggling doubts about going to college, Join the Armed forces or the workforce and try and 'find yourself'. This term has been taken over by stupid hippies but really it's about finding your limits and developing as a man.

>petroleum engineering

The market is already flooded with PEngs that can't get a job, and that's only going to get worse. We're still going to need them for the foreseeable future, but every one that graduates has to compete with not only every other graduate that year, but the back log of PEngs from the last couple of years. I remember when oil prices dropped and students in PEng programs couldn't find anyone to hire them for their required work experience.

This desu. My uni (Ghent University) is on place 70 of the worldwide Shangai-ranking and the entrance fee is only 890 euros

Excellent points.

Make sure you don't pay money out the ass to learn stuff any fucking dipshit could google for free.

Like you know, 99% of Liberal Arts and like 75% of STEM.

I'm a #2 and I just stuck with non-direct care health care jobs I got via my parents' connections (aka white privilege).

My gf is a #3 and struggled for a while, but now has decent prospects for a career in banking.

We both have enough white privilege that our parents have taken care of our (mostly worthless) degree costs, the kicker is her parents took the loans out in her name and are paying it back so her credit is fucking awesome whereas I have none.

Pretty much this.

Yes.

>tfw working in something you start to hate
Software engineering is really shit.
I used to feel like a builder when I was programming. Now I just feel a void in my soul when verifying what other people built.

>white privilege

It is white heritage. The advantages whites currently have were not handed out to us, we took them by force - through rivers of blood. To call them a privilege does a dis-service to your parents and our civilization all the way back to swift footed Achilles, who went out slaughtering asian scum like the dogs they were and still are.

This

Nice dubs, I was using it ironically. Thanks for your thoughts on it though, I like any perspective that goes counter to the use of divisive anti-white terms such as 'privilege' has become lately.

-Go the community college route
-Complete trade program or transfer to state school
-study something with solid job prospects(stem, accounting)
-make studying your priority and it will 100% be worth it.

Depends on where you go (read: how much does it cost) and what you study.

Taking out under $50k in loans to get a degree in science, math, or engineering at a state school can be justified.

Taking out over $100k in loans to get a humanities or social science or whatever degree from a liberal arts school is a meme.