Wonder Woman #14 Storytime

>"You better knock it off, Diana. I mean it."

Everyone on board for the disappointment train. Choo-choo!

>brown WW
I didn't know I wanted this.

The end

>implying anyone on Sup Forums gave enough of a shit in the first place
Seriously, fuck off.

LOL Athena

Christ why is she so ugly? is so much better.

Big head
No tits

wonderful

This desu.

>Ares is back to "MUH ANARCHY AND VIOLENCE"
>CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
>THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL

Wanna bet Ares is actualy WW's twin brother?

Thanks preacher bro

>Ares + Poison
>N-no movie synergy

You Wekcome user.

Not brown. She's gold

That was kind of...anti-climactic.

>Rebirth WW

Pretty much

Every other classical Greek story features poison, user. It's not that crazy to have a coincidence.

People were defending this run for months until they couldn't stomach it anymore themselves. Early issues had plenty of talkback, now you maybe get hundred replies

They retconned all of Azzarello's run for this fucking restart trash? Man fuck comics.

The thematic resonance of this page is awesome.

did I mention it's Dr. Poison's organization?

I really was expecting more of Ares, i specially disappointing since i really liked both Azz Ares and Rucka previous run Ares.

>Pajeet wonder woman
fuck this cancer, also trash run
but thanks for storytime op

>the most beautiful woman in the world

You people told me Rucka was a definitive WW writer.

Why has this been such boring trash?

Explain.

Go back to watching BvS, snydercuck

Rucka always wrote boring trash. People just like the old run better because nostalgia.

Rucka was always boring and "safe".

>You people told me Rucka was a definitive WW writer.
The problem is that Rucka believes this too.

Rebirth has proven that boring and safe sells like hotcakes.

This. Rucka never tried to take things in new directions, experiment, or do anything innovative, and that's what a lot of nostalgia-lovers enjoy about it.

>but muh bisexual Diana

People have known that for years, DC just rarely ever alluded to it. He didn't break any new ground, there. He only put in that reference to her whoring it up on Themyscira because he knew there'd never be any backlash.

You expect that of Superman, though. That's kind of his whole thing. He just has a kid, now.

Having a kid really makes a character more boring. Especially Superman. Superman always acts fatherly and puts others before himself and protects them. Now there's just one more person on the pile. Whoop de doo.

I don't expect boring and safe from Superman. I think it's sad that the most powerful and potentially controversial superheroes in existence is relegated to "boring and safe" because people need to feel "comfy", and that's what sells.

Literally Outsiders Rebirth

I await the day sales tank and Rucka's snoozefest is undone. WW as a character is not served well by any writer who sits on a high horse and who think they alone love her the best. How an Amazon warrior born in ancient times sleeping around with her "sisters" in "paradise" can be so vanilla, wide eyed and slobbering over that boring blond gary stu is beyond me.

>DC just rarely ever alluded to it.

And it's what he's still doing
With the difference that he made the headlines for telling it in an interview

In 6 months it lost half the readers
People will compare issue #14 to New 52 #14, but they forget the double shipping

>This. Rucka never tried to take things in new directions, experiment, or do anything innovative

>Rucka was always boring and "safe".

His original run on WW was not like that at all. It's what most stood out from WW post-Crisis in terms of being different.

S-Stupid, sexy Steve

So, are all the people complaining that Rucka is "safe" and "boring" Azzfans? Or is there another preferred version of Diana?

that was a good ending though. i wonder if rucka will actually try to fold the continuity together

Well I tell you Perez's Ares was not as dumb as this Rebirth WW is. You got a sense of power. Azzarello's Gods were epic. A deer butt the God of War? Seriously? This is ridiculous. I don't know what parody I am reading. DC dumped on the new 52 Wonder Woman for this? Wow. DC needs their heads examined.

I thought the end of this would be the end of the whole double story bullshit!

Ugh!

I hate how slowly everything seems to be going Every other superhero is getting awesome, fast paced storytelling thanks to double shipping except for Wonder Woman.

I guess I could pretend one is wonder woman and the other is sensation comics.

They don't, but you know they're linked because the poison is called "Maru"

>Steve spends the whole time shirtless

Dude, the deer is one of the gods. Are you even paying attention?

And thus, the fix is in... Ares' tampering with Diana's memory must've supplanted her memories of Themyscira with his own visions for the island

Yet it's so blandly done that I don't even feel like male gazing and objectifying him.

I think that's very likely - combined with Ares's snake poison.

Yeah an Olympian God is a cutesy animal now. But I forget this is Snow White Wonder Woman cuz god forbid we see the Gods as the jerks they really are. eye roll. You really think a butt by a "Deer" who is a "god' good writing? okay then.

I don't think it's what happened here m8

Man. If that's how you see it, that's how you see it. But it's not just a random deer attacking a god. It's divine conflict in the mortal realms.

What did, then? This seems a very elegant way to work with the vastly contradicting canons about Wondygal.

This is the end of the flashback story and new origin. Next issue is the end of the current story going on in the present, and it does seem likely that whatever Ares did or saw when he put his hand in Diana's skull will be relevant to her screwed up memories and inability to return to Themescara.

Then after that I think we just get the story continuing in the present continuity every issue.

He just searched her mind, and it has been stated that that "Godwatch" thing is what is behind it

Besides, it would be complete garbage

Why the fuck do the other gods only remain in animal form?

That's what's really stupid

What's the best WW run?

Sup Forums has only read Azz's run so they're probably just going to say that.

I don't see how they can't be working together. Ares loves manipulating mortals to fight Diana.

Man, gods gonna do what gods gonna do.

That is my impression, but I have asked if there's any other basis for complaints other than "Not Azz." No takers, yet.

>NEXT! Part 1
>After that! Part 1

m8....

Shit I missed that. Guess your right.

There are plenty of complaints other than that. Mainly the fact that there's barely anything else to it other than retconning that.

>it's the "I'm the only one who cares about WW" guy

It's a dumbed down, poorly written version of post-Crisis Wonder Woman, mainly Perez and Jimenez

This issue shows it all. While Perez' origin arc was an epic, this had WW bumbling around until Ares showed up in the last issue, got attacked by wild animals and vaporized.

Again, are you even reading the issue? The animals are gods, not wild. Ares was temporarily stopped, not vaporized. Diana didn't bumble - she was learning the culture.

You can think it's poorly written (I absolutely do not, but hey, whatever floats your boat), but your claims are factually inaccurate.

>what is exaggeration

Did she carry around a shirtless man all around the world for multiple hours ?

Lol, I was only kidding.

What a twist!

The biggest problem about this run is that it's all just fluff.

Rucka's initial run had Wonder Woman has her clashing against the greater DCU and a political intrigue going in the background.

Rucka could have explored things like the US seeing Wonder Woman as someone they could exploit and Themyscera as a new goldmine they can explore, with Steve Trevor being torn between following his country's demands in getting closer to Wonder Woman to convince her to be the US's puppet or following his feelings and side with Wonder Woman against his country.

That would be something interesting to explore in the new origin, but instead everything is cute and the military just want to help Wonder Woman out of the good of their heart.

Living the dream.

I guess he tries to do that with Veronica Cale, but it's fucking weird

But Cale just seems as a pure evil mastermind. I'm saying that there's no conflict in Wonder Woman's supporting cast. They're all nice and cute and supporting. I mean, what's Steve's personality here? In the current times he behaves as a blander Batman, but in the past he's just always smiling and shirtless.

No ass
what a shame, Nicola

Ares speech about America worshiping him kind of gives me hope that Rucka will go in that direction eventually. But I won't deny this first arc has just been a whole lot of decompression.

Yeah
I particularly hate bland Etta and Barbara being super nice with not even a hint of villainy. She really was "just a victim".

I like WML's attempts at pushing setting and genre a lot more than this yawnfest.