Our valued customer

Things people said in a comic book store.

ourvaluedcustomers.blogspot.de/

Other urls found in this thread:

ourvaluedcustomers.blogspot.de/search/label/crazy people
ourvaluedcustomers.blogspot.de/search/label/shut up you idiot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dislike this comic.

;_;

This one caused a shitstorm in the artists inbox.

The truth always hurts.

The author comes off as non-discriminating in portraying females and males.

Tumblr trigger material.

Has Tony ever not ruined something he was in charge of? He literally started a civil war in the comics. Hell, he's literally dead in the main continuity, replaced by an alt world Tony. He's so bad, he died due to his own incompetence and nobody even remembers he's dead. He'd be the worst president.

But he's popular.

Haha wtf
This one is...sorta true I guess?

There is some profound truth in this statement that I agree with.

This is actually true, the art style is really offensive and obnoxious nonetheless, he draws these characters as slack jawed mouthbreathers which makes me feel like he's seething with rage when he draws this stupid crap, and that's just sad

Honestly. This

>slack jawed mouthbreathers
Like you?

Dude, he draw everyone the same way. No exception. he make no difference. Don't read too much into it.

He even draws himself like that.

Words of wisdom.

A lesson for Sup Forums...

Yes, but don't say "females and males". You sound Ferengi.

Whatever, I tried to escape the SJW rhetoric.

Shouldn't it be "You read Ferengi." or do you vocalize everything while reading? ;^)

>triggering the 3 Daria fans on this board.

But that's correct.

No that's bullshit.
Females and Males is perfectly natural language usage. Especially when talking about biological differences.

I used to read this guys stuff all the time back in college. I'm surprised it kept going for so long.

Look at these spittle-flinging dead-eyed idiots! Thank God someone is there to document how stupid they sound so that we don't have to!

I can't tell if she is referring to Blade Bunny, Usagi Yojimbo (and being way off), or something else.

>IVC is over

Usagi Yojimbo I guess.
The artist is a Stan Sakai fan.

Fans of Daria the show and Daria the character don't necessarily overlap.

>capefags in a nutshell

I don't think he think that much highly of himself.

It's the basic retail shop retardation that you experience in that line of work, only with comic book fans.

I wonder if making this strip made the guy are more mellow comic book shop clerk.

;_;

Best tag
ourvaluedcustomers.blogspot.de/search/label/crazy people

I didn't knew what to expect, but I don't think I was prepared for this.

Also good, overlaps a lot.
ourvaluedcustomers.blogspot.de/search/label/shut up you idiot

The colored version of Akira is good though.

PS: Akira is Sup Forums.

Put your trip back on HL

>dat feel ;_;

Looool

I remember when I first watched Daria, and everyone hated Tom. Like fans were constantly shitting on Tom, wrote retarded fanfics about him suffering horrible shit, etc. I didn't think he was that bad.

I went back and watched it again last year and confirmed. Daria was kind of a cunt, always assuming things that weren't true and going out of her way to screw things up. Tom put up with a lot of shit from her.

Hey Sup Forums is it odd to find these comic store females attractive in this style?

Ye

Then I don't wish to be right.

I couldn't find it in my Sup Forums folder, thanks.

Well, to be frank. it' Tom who ditched Jane for Daria. He only has himself to blame for.

>100% girlfriend material

It's really about the type of change. There's a difference between X gets older and Y died on the job; and stuff like EVENT XY WITH EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER DYING BEFORE RESTORING STATUS QUO!!!

I actually feel bad for her.

>When your son's fallen for the normie memes

Jane was also kind of a cunt. They were fighting all the time and mutually agreed afterward they wouldn't have lasted.

I'm not excusing Tom for cheating.

But Daria kissed Tom too, twice. They were mutually responsible for that one. Afterwards, when Tom was generally being a nice guy, Daria was always looking for a fight or getting pissy with him because she thought he was better than her.

Well I chuckled.

People hated Tom because he was bland, boring and didn't talk like a teenager would, even an above average intelligent one. He spoke like he was 35 and years worth of experience dating with the way he approached their relationship. Daria left him because it wasn't going to work out going to separate universities.

Sort of like this?

Wait, what?
>So here it is, after almost 7 years, the FINAL Our Valued Customers comic. It's a bittersweet sensation to see it come to an end after all this time. On the one hand, WOOOOOF! I'M FINALLY DONE! But on the other, I am really going to miss drawing and posting these cartoons everyday. I am so proud of OVC as a whole, drawing this comic has changed my life and I am eternally grateful to everyone who reads OVC and has shared it with their friends over the years. But after 1566 strips, I need a break and some time to start working on other projects.
He can't do that. I mean, why would he stop? I mean, running out of inspiration is one thing, but what if he hear something that is strip worthy. He will refrain himself from making it?

>But Daria kissed Tom too, twice.
Once.

The first time, it was Tom kissing.

I want to be friend with her dad.

To be fair that's pretty legit. No one ever uses their cellphone in an age where most people have one and service is usually available.

No, he is talking about old movies where such services didn't exist.

I guess he means older movies like the Shining or Deliverance.

Omg what an idiot. Doesn't the fact they just can't call for help make it more suspenseful then?

This guy fucking gets it.

That one might be on to something.

Or he could just watch good horror films that deal with the topic

Like, ok you've got your phone and called 9/11 to tell them about the psychopath who's inside your house and trying to kill you. You've got like an hour till the police comes

It amazes me how people think that these types of tropes are impossible to write your way out of. It's called creativity

Did I really write 9/11 instead of 911? Jeez, I'm off my mark today

That actually seems about right.

Yeah if you're an autistic robot
Just say men and women

Ouch.

Unironically profound. Ouch.

>My battery is almost dead/is dead
>We're out of service range
>We got through but they can't hear/understand us
>We got through but we got cut off before we could tell them where we are

I mean, none of that is very creative, but y'know. Any horror film that requires use of cellphones probably has some factor preventing the victims from simply asking people for help.

B^U

Well, Daria was in high school, so it makes sense she'd live with her parents.

Her dad sounds like a great guy.

>PS: Akira is Sup Forums.
Only the Epic-published colored version is Sup Forums.

>a TMNT hoodie over an Adventure Time shirt
I cringed.

will dcucks ever recover?

>WW t-shirt
Opinion discarded.

His own statement doesn't even make sense. Modern movies are the ones that ignore that cell phones exist for the sake of suspense. Older movies have an excuse. He's saying he can't watch older movies because he thinks the characters should have cell phones for some reason.

>I mean, why would he stop?
Store probably went out of business. No more customers.

Yes that's the point isn't it. He's a dumbass for not being aware that cellphones are a fairly recent invention. He probably gets mad at plots where characters get lost too.

He gets stories from other stores.

No it's really not. You sound like David Attenborough narrating over an exotic species of animal when you refer to human beings as male or female. Obviously there's situations where this is acceptable,
>Suspect is a 33 year old Caucasian male
>In any field of science basically
>Me and all of my female friends went out together
The latter even I find bullshit because there's no other way of referring to friends who are girls for a guy without sounding like you're saying "girlfriends."

That's kinda arbitrary.

I love it; it's great.

As someone who doesn't frequent comic book shops the fact that there would even exist the context to say some of these things is strange to me

For most of the past decade, that's been a perfectly legitimate description of them.

BBT is huge; like it or not, it's been keeping DC merch afloat for a long, long time - sure, everybody knows Batman and Superman and to a lesser extent Wonder Woman.

How many people knew Green Lantern by the symbol alone before it got a movie? How many even know now? The Flash, before he got a tv show?

Would you even get that someone was wearing a Green Arrow shirt after five seasons of Arrow? Probably not.

Time Warner doesn't exist to push DC; it's just good for them that they had a hit in a show like BBT which *could* push DC, because brand synergy is important and god knows their market cap is shitty by comparison to almost anyone else.

BBT is just the modern equivalent of Superfriends. What I mean is that up until BBT tons of people who didn't read comics had pop culture superhero knowledge from the 60s cartoons. BBT is just the successor to that.

>just realized everyone on Sup Forums is far beyond this stage of existence

Brick and mortar comic book stores have always been a safe haven to reveal part of your powerlevel without getting stuffed into a locker.

The problem are the folk completely revealing their powerlevel without a filter.

I think the weird part to me is that a lot of the quotes seem like manufactured responses they thought up and were just WAITING to spring on their friend or a clerk, not something they would just get to in normal conversation

Totally legit

Liking shit ironically is the weirdest thing to me. I think most of the time it's people being too chickenshit to say they enjoy dumb things and so they hide behind a veneer of hipster bullshit to justify it

Most of those are people overheard talking to their friends, not directly to the clerk.

Lots of people really ARE super duper strained to drop the absolutely most wicked tru nerd cred truth bombs while having a "casual" conversation in a comic book store.

Some strips lose context without the little comment text by the author.

>To her boyfriend after he dismissed SPIDER-GWEN as "SPIDER-MAN for girls"...

Which one of you is that.

You mad, Fake Nerd Girl?