Character gets cut from the show because the VA quit / died / got fired

>Character gets cut from the show because the VA quit / died / got fired.
>The episode is generic, but is supposed to be special because the guest VA is a celebrity.
>Character rarely appears or rarely has a major role in the series because VA is expensive.
>Charcter sings a lot because VA is a musician.

>VA plays a big role in a children's show
>Immediately gets replaced while going to prison for brutally murdering two people

Main VA passes away before season ends wonder if they will even do a season 2 now

>iconic VA gets replaced with a "REAL" actor
>new actor is so expensive the character has 1% of the amount of lines they did in the past
>people still like the old VA better too

Metal Gear?!?

>>Charcter sings a lot because VA is a musician
You rang?

>You have to watch the dubbed version, making this kind of bullshit feel even worse.

>>Dub VA gets fired because of this, unless they don't voice another character.

>The episode is generic, but is supposed to be special because the guest VA is a celebrity.
>>Celebrity gets dubbed by a literal who

>Character rarely appears or rarely has a major role in the series because VA is expensive.
>>Dub VA is the same expensive as any other dub VA

>>Dub VA can't sing the same as good and the song sounds like shit (SU is the proper example)

w-what?

Goddamn your hide, Rebecca.

Didn't the same thing happened to her in the TV series?

Nice try, David.

As Told By Ginger aced this circumstance by playing it straight.

Totally by coincidence they had an episode in the can about the grumpy old teacher quitting until the antagonistic brat she hated begs her to come back because he actually liked her all along.

When the VA died they added a perfectly straight scene at the end where the principle somberly announces that the teacher suddenly died. It turned a sitcom episode into a story about being honest about your feelings too late.

>VA breaks up with one of the writers so her character's role in the story gets dramatically downsized.

Okay I'm curious who was it

>Character's VA gets replaced by a celebrity
>It's actually an improvement

Is there even video of him doing the voice?

>89061927
>>Dub VA can't sing the same as good and the song sounds like shit (SU is the proper example)
Don't worry, SU singing sounds shit even in the American version.

I haven't seen anything of him doing the voice yet

Kinda related, but I remember when Ian Abercrombie died a few years ago. Green Lantern TAS and The Clone Wars were both running, and he voiced characters in both (Ganthet and Palpatine, repsectively).

He apparently had finished his episodes in S1 of GLTAS, but the show ended up getting cancelled, so for better or for worse, they didn't have to worry about recasting him in S2.

Meanwhile, TCW had Tim Curry fill in for Palpatine in the last few episodes. The show was cancelled not long after that and I don't think Palpatine has shown up in Rebels yet.

At least GLTAS gave him an 'In Memoriam' at the end of Ganthet's exile episode. TCW, iirc, didn't do jack shit for an in memoriam for Ian at all.

Oh man, I still feel bad for Janet Waldo. Even if The Jetsons Movie was shit, she didn't deserve to have done all that recording and get replaced by Tiffany (whose popularity was dying by the time the movie was released) at the last minute.

You & Me is still a good guilty pleasure song, though.

>that fucking episode
Man fuck you for memories.

I 100% expected that once they revealed Venom and Big Boss were different people that the actual Big Boss in the ending cutscene would have Hayter's voice but noooooo

Fuck starcraft 2

>Special episode is a musical
>Get a famous musician to voice a character
>Don't have them sing.