Completing collections

Question for you Sup Forums. I recently went through and catalogued my Archie Sonic collection and would like to fill in the issues I've missed. What resources would you recommend for tracking down old copies? Are there any trading communities active?

>Completing autism

You should be trying to overcome your autism, not succumb to it wholly.

I've been at this for over two decades now user, I recognize when one is too far gone.

Holy shit are you me? I did this a couple months ago and caught up on 7 years worth of issues. I managed to get caught up on Sonic and Sonic Universe. I would try Scott's Comics and mycomicshop.com those two sites were the best in filling in gaps. LCS might have a few of the current issues.

They have these at Toys R Us right now too if you want to get them.

bump

Mycomicshop.com is probably the best answer here but I've also had some success with Atomic Avenue.

EBay is good too but you have to be patient to find the best deals.

I'll loom into these, thanks user. How much did it end up costing, out of curiosity? I'm missing a most of 180-270 Mainline and pre-70 universe.

Looks like I'll be making a trip. My copies aren't in the best condition.

Sounds good. Know of anyplace that trades dupe copies?

about $300-$400 I think, I didn't total it all up but it was several payments of $70-$90 every week until I caught up. Some issues are somewhat harder to find if you are going for single issues rather than TPB. Sonic Universe #5 cost me $16 since milehighcomics were the only ones that had it. (I don't recommend mile high since they price gouge but it was the only place I could get it at the time.)

I was missing StH #194-284 and SU #1-8, #21-87
so I was missing about 7 years worth. Sad to see the pre-reboot universe go, Ian Flynn was making it really awesome near the end but I am glad the comic continues

Weird how they'd be bundled with pre-reboot stuff. IIRC, the Tomy toy catalog says more are coming and it's all still with pre-reboot stuff.

Oh which ones? Do you know?

I've been following the Sonic comics since around the time issue 200 came out and have been collecting as many back issues as I could since then.

Typically, I would order them from mycomicshop. Just order a huge bunch of them at once whenever I get the money. It's also good to look around flea markets, antique stores and any comic shop that has a large supply of back issues wherever you end up traveling to. Some issues are rarer than others but I was able to get nearly everything from issue 20 to 80 relatively easy.

Convention variant covers occasionally appear on Archie's own website for a good price. Don't buy any of them from scalpers.

From issue 200 onwards and all of Universe, I've been buying them as they come out so I don't know anything about those.

The main stories in both these issues use only game characters or SatAM characters and Penders wasn't involved with either issue.

Thanks, that doesn't sound near as daunting as I was afraid it might be.

I read Mecha Madness to death as a kid. First comic I owned that ever fell apart from excessive reading.

Honestly, you should read it all online, sell and abstain from buying the ones you don't like, and pick up the ones you do.

No sense in buying issues you don't like.

They're also the only big, super hyped pre-Sonic Adventure issues that don't have continuity problems going on. They're marketable standalone stories.

It's also during the period in the mid 90s where Sonic was still incredibly popular and before the comic went to complete shit after the Sonic Adventure arc ended.

Not quite. Mecha Madness pretty much required you having read #39 to know why Sonic was roboticized.

>read it all online
>only buy the ones you like
If everyone had your bass-ackwards philosophy this medium would already be long dead.

where can we read it all online now? didn't the scan site shut down?

I just need 20 issues lift of the main Sonic series.

Two more issue of the Super Special series from the 90's.

And one more issue of the Knuckles series.

Just curious, which Knuckles issue?