Which is the best version of this kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

blu-ray.com/movies/Blade-Runner-4K-Blu-ray/181637/#Review
caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=5715&d2=5714&c=2331
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

theatrical

The book
just kidding, I think the movie is much better than the book

kino release = theatrical (kino = slang for theatre/cinema building)
but i suggest final cut

If you want the best it's a tossup between the final and the director's cut.

As far as plot they're identical. Some people get autistic about them touching up the effects in the final cut, if you are one of those people that's fine.

The theatrical cut will make you feel patronized it also significantly ruins the "kino" of the film.

came here to fpbp. Hivemind!

I like them both, though the original set the bar, it has a better soundtrack in my opinion, vangelis can't be beat.

Naturally the newer has better grafix, they expanded the world in greater detail than the first.

I'm not sure the darker tone set in 2049 was to its benefit, there wasn't anything positive to take in.

The second may have more development of the story as well, yet I would say that they complement each other nicely, and I would say that they could be seen as two parts of the same film really.

director's cut, narration is stupid

Director's cut. No narration, no ghey color correction. Final cut is worth a watch at least.

You're answering a question no one asked.

pleb

I wasn't asking for a comparison to the new film, but a recommendation of which version of the old film I should watch.

Didn't think anyone was actually autistic about the changes in the final cut like you say until

The color correction looks like crap. I don't care about the minor touching up of effect shots.

Which version has the gay Unicorn scene added in?

Which one has the gay Unicorn scene added in?

Director's Cut. Final Cut looks gross due to the greenish tint that they put over everything and the fact that they seemed to apply a good dose of DNR, which takes away detail. A lot of shadow detail seems to be lost, too. I also hate it when they go back and change things using CGI on pre-CGI films like they have on the Final Cut. Final Cut doesn't really add anything of value, anyway.

Final Cut 4k Blu Ray is objectively the superior form of this film

too bad most of you are too poor to afford it :^)

Oh, did they undo all of the issues that I have with the Final Cut in the 4K version? That's interesting.

The final cut and the director's cut

If you wanna see more gore, Final
If you prefer your movies without instagram filters over them, Director's

You can see the gore without the filters if you watch the international version, but that version should otherwise be avoided.

it still has the touch up CGI but other than philosophically I can't imagine complaining about it. Film is the best looking home media I've ever seen
blu-ray.com/movies/Blade-Runner-4K-Blu-ray/181637/#Review

green tint is not noticable at all on the 4k release. They did a new color encode and probably decided it would be too difficult to color grade it again with HDR

>he spams his shitty video in any Blade Runner thread
pathetic

Is there a site like caps-a-holic where I can compare 4K releases to 2K releases? I'm curious enough to compare them.

Why are autistic kino threads like this one so comfy bros?

I'm working on editing a 1080p cut of blade runner removing the few shitty scenes. I really don't think the unicorn was bad, since he was sitting at the piano and music incites fantasy. he was momentarily escaping from the filth of the city. but most people hate it so it might go.

Wow, there's not a single copy of the 4k UHD version floating around.

This right here. Other options are the realm of the pleb.

>book
>implying it wasn't just a short story

And the movie was better. (Though Total Recall's short story was better than the Arnold flick.)

i prefer the final cut, but basically any version that doesn't include the narration is a-okay with me.

all of them except theatrical

workprint

This. I don't know why more people aren't workprintpilled.

amazon has them

>>implying it wasn't just a short story

it's a novel. not even a novella. a novel.

Because it's a workprint. It's literally unfinished. The Vangelis soundtrack isn't even there.

unironically this, even though it's not a version of the original but a continuation.
The final cut is the latest 07? and is the one that reveals that Deckard is a replicant

They all have their problems but I always circle back to the Final Cut. I like the remaster, and the color grading is pretty nice and does actually enhance the mood. The biggest issue is the fucking unicorn dream and the idea of Deckard being a replicant which is fucking stupid.

Only two sequences replace the Vangelis soundtrack, the rest of it is in tact, except for the ending which swaps out the credits theme for a different Vangelis track (which I like slightly better desu)

>Total Recall's short story was better than the Arnold flick.

It really wasn't.

Alright, I stand corrected, but that makes we want to know in what ways your believe the workprint to be the best version.

>the color grading is pretty nice
caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=5715&d2=5714&c=2331

It's more or less the final cut but without the 2007 colour correction or unicorn

So in other words, it's true to the collaborative vision of the film without studio fuckery or Ridley Scott retroactive fuckery

Oh. I remember it still looking ugly because the colors were oversaturated and it was overly dark with overly crushed blacks, which resulted in a loss of a lot of detail. I only watched it once, so maybe I'll give it another watch tonight.

Director's Cut. It has all the material Final Cut has, only without adding Ridley's fucking teal filter.

Yeah, the fidelity isn't great but it doesn't detract too much from the film's power. I wouldn't throw away The Final Cut for it, but I do prefer it slightly. But those are the only two versions I think are worthwhile.

Hold up.

while we here has Sup Forums hear of the 5 disc esper edition bootleg soundtrack ?????

ITS AMAZING