Jessica Jones #4 storytime

In which we finally get some answers on some things, whether or not you find them satisfying is another story. This is Bendis after all.

I wish you shill pieces of shit would die.

How am I a "shill"?

>Why would someone film this?
I know this is obviously setting up a plot point, but what kind of question is that? You're a celebrity and everone has a camera, who wouldn't film you breaking shit?

>She digs holes
So does Luke

>Viper
Bendis seems to have a weird obsession with her, he's referenced and used her far more than most villains. Heck, his Avengers run started with Clint Barton saying he wanted to bang her.

>Completely seperated from the other basket of lunatics you usually tussle with
But that's wrong you idiot, the Spot was working for them.

This was the first time I thought Bendis was close to recalling the original series, and in a good way. Carol relationship, Luke and Jessica being good people, it's solid stuff.

So there you have it, the reason Jessica has been such a bitch is because she's just pretending in order to infiltrate some crazy super hate group.
I don't think that justifies keeping Luke away from Dani though.

Storytiming Marlel comics no one wants to read

>Ask me to throw you all under the bus
Still not sure how Jessica of all people could bring down the entire superhero community.

How exactly does some Wall Street manager scare the shit of someone like the Spot? She should be afraid of him, he could kill her at any moment if he wanted to.

So it looks like Ulysses was right about this woman being evil and planning something, just wrong about her being Hydra.

>2 literally who Inhumans die and a SHIELD agent die
>THIS MUST BE THE WORK OF A VAST ANTI-SUPERHERO CONSPIRACY
>JESSICA, RUIN YOUR OWN LIFE IN AN ATTEMPT TO SET UP A BAIT WE DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE WILL TAKE
Seems like a huge leap in logic to me.

>Why would they read if they have the TV shows?
And the crazy people ranting about meta stuff at the police station gag continues.

>Mystery woman who is not his wife
How do you not recognize Misty Knight?
Captain America getting cucked would make a much more popular headline.

>Bendis bringing back the police station jokes

And that's that.
Kind of meh for me. Like I said, I don't understand why Jessica needed to keep Dani away from Luke. How did that help her dumb infiltration plan at all?

So it's a hate crime to go after vigilantes?

Utter pillock.

It's not vigilantes they hate, it's superheroes, they're not always the same thing. Carol isn't a vigilante for instance.

Fuck Bendis for rehashing...on a spread, no less.

Must have been his first femme fatale related boner.

I still find it a reach to classify the "hero" class as a group to be protected by hate crime laws. Having powers and being black or gay or of a particular religion is different.

Oh gods, I sound like Stark. FML.

I wish Bendis had focused more on the case instead of bringing this cape nonsense in so soon. A pre-SecretWars husband was a good set-up for a strange case.

Next issue will probably deal with him a lot, we'll actually get to meet him.

I liked the frog guy

The detective looks a wee bit too much like Giancarlo Esposito for my liking

If it wasn't Bendis it could be cool...imagine for the next two years you seeds planted about pre-SecretWar such as this husband, missing Richards, Unworthy Thor, Doom's new face...just keep planting more and more seeds...then BOOM! An event that might matter and be cool.

But it's Marvel...

Same here. That was a really interesting angle, but now they're just focusing on more fallout from Civil War 2.

How is putting a comic on the internet for free a Shill, quite the opposite really.

>Gwenpool
>In-universe representative of Marvel's female fanbase
>Jab at those who discovered/prefer JJ from the Netflix series

You sure it's such a good idea to shit on the very thing that got you this series revival in the first place, Bendis?

I'll never understand people who storytime books they don't like. Surely there must be a better use of your time.

And now I'm wasting my time in this thread looking at pages of a book I hate with a writer I despise. But at least I'm doing it while taking a shit.

>YAAS I DIDN'T MEAN TO BE A FASCIST

If you're going to assassinate somebody's character, fucking own up to it

>The chatter online about them is... intense.

Congratulations, Sup Forums. You are now Bendis villains.

There was a really clear + cool plot set up in the first issue of this, apparently completely by chance because it isn't this.

Is that Bill Cosby?

Is Bendis going meta on us?

This page is a much better example I'm guessing that this Japanese company will end up being important to the plot somehow.

Oh god fucking dammit, it's going to be that OC ninja syndicate from Bendis' Iron Man books, isn't it?

Wait, is that brick frog?

At first I thought it would be The Hand, but yeah, you're probably right.

Oh. Nevermind.

Why does Gaydos make everyone look so old.

Carol was right!

Of course she was right, if it weren't for her, Thanos would have fucking murdered everyone with Cosmic Cubes.

Jessica Bump

So why did the previous issue have a Hydra logo on the cover?

Of course you end up being right if you're responsible for the thing happening in the first place

Nah, it's clear that Alison was evil even before Carol arrested her. Normal people don't become terrorist masterminds after being arrested and then let go. Keep in mind, it's only been a few weeks at most since Civil War II. Something else is going on. Especially since we never got an explanation for why Ulysses was so completely and utterly wrong, he didn't even get past or present events right for this one.

Yeah, you can't become scary enough in a few weeks to make the Spot scared of you. Despite his silliness, he is potentially incredibly dangerous, you need to have something more than money in the corner to do that.

It's a Bendis book, you can't expect things on the cover to actually show up in the issue.

>Mystery woman

Are there really so many black women with metal arms that you can't guess who that is at a glance?

What's the odd's that the Dead Wife in the case shes working is one of those victims?

4 issues for a plot that could have been summarized in 1 issue.. classic..

thanks op!

Yeah, he's obviously more comfy writing this kinda stuff.

Love that Jessica's still a crap flyer. Gaining flight powers must have been a dream come true to someone like Carol, but poor wee Jessica really is a ground pounder at heart.

Oh thank God, I was worried about the marriage for a moment. Jess and Cage are actually one of the few couples in Sup Forums that followed through and had a relatively happy marriage. Good to see they'll let them keep that after some drama.

>tfw all of Cages friends fucking hate Jessica.

Parties must be real fun for her. She might, occasionally, get to bring Carol who is about as popular. Everyone else is a friend of Luke, many of them females who have slept with him, glaring at him and doing that bitchy 'I totally didn't mean to imply you are a dirty crazy whore'. I mean, she sort of won Danny over, but only because she basically stopped him from having to own up to the fact he put his best friends girlfriend and baby in danger after he was asked (or at least expected by bro code) to look after them.