Titans #7 Storytime

Home Sweet Home!

Looking real Hawkeye there bro

Hey OP. I just spent an hour screenshotting and cropping these. How about we switch off between pages to make it go faster?

Sure, you can post the page after this one.

Cool

Missing Red Boots.

[Those were for charity Clark intensifies]

I know the main draw of this issue is going to be Wally and Supes talking, but I love it when cape comics deal with the practical bureaucratic nightmare of superheroes in a major city.

i love it when they show just how much paperwork superheroes cause

Don't forget to support the official release. Fun working with you OP. Looks like my time wasn't all wasted. ;)

Cheers, have a good one.

Next month:
>“Made in Manhattan” part one! As Wally West and the Titans adjust to their new lives in New York City and investigate a mysterious new threat, Karen and Mal Duncan visit Meta Solutions to discuss their future. But the meeting takes an unexpected turn when Mal delivers a shocking revelation, and Karen is faced with a difficult choice.

Even as someone who started with new 52, I can still appreciate this nostalgia

Okay. I'll ship it. It works too well.

>the chills
they are real

>I was adopted at seven.
CHOO CHOO
All aboard the Donna-Troy-clusterfuck-origin train.

Thank you user.

Somebody post the Donna Troy origin screencap.

Thanks to both anons storytiming this, thats the power of teamwork!

> You're faster than I remember

Faster than pre-Flashpoint Wally???Is that even fucking possible???

I don't think this Superman remembers everything about pre-flashpoint. He would've mentioned the kids otherwise.

I'm not sure if this shot is drawn FROM the Jersey City waterfront or Brooklyn.

i just realized that the coloring on his cape shield is off

Isn't Wonder Woman going through a weird origin thing as well?

Well, this kind of IS pre-Flashpoint Wally, and he was lost adrift in the timestream/speedforce, so...

Supes' damn compliments.

He implied that he remembers the life Wally lost, while he didn't

Yeah, so, just how fast he is, when he was the fastest Flash pre-Flashpoint?

Came for a Supes/Flash race, stayed for Donna and Roy being cute.

I don't get it. Where did Clark hear that Wally had returned? Why did he felt that he had to talk with him? Why would he assume that he knew this Wally? Isn't Superman supposed to think that this is an entirely different universe?

>He would've mentioned the kids otherwise.
Superdad isn't that dick.

This is how you write a pairing together, you build them up slowly with the characters interacting and getting to know each other,

Super cute. Comparing this to RoyxStarfire is like water and oil.

He is reporter plus he has super hearing, it wouldn't surprise me if he just heard Wally's voice and recognized him.

Jesus why can't this be the main artist, Booth is so shit compared to even this

Linda wrote a story about what happened with Abra Kadabra.
It was also mentioned in today's deathstroke.

Thanks for the storytime. This book is really fun.

I find it a little weird that citzens are still surprised that more super heroes are walking among them. Oh well, as long as they're not hostile for no reason it's fine.

I kinda like this attornery and I hope sticks around.

Wasn't that Barry?

>SMEK

Too cute

Why would he mention the kids. He knows this Wally isn't with Linda why throw dirt on the wound by adding "oh by the way how are your non existent kids"

He literally said in this issue that he read a news article about the Titans that Linda Park wrote. He's also on the Justice League with Barry, who knows about Wally.

even faster. he escaped the speed force with white lightning

Wally kinda showed up out of nowhere that's something you are gonna pay attention to because clark did the same thing

Because Wally is Booth's waifu

That comparison is not even fair

Some guy in the previous (maybe previous second) issue called the pre-Flashpoint reunion of wally and supes

dat art change to symbolise their reunion

Amazing how Wally's costume only looks like garbage when Booth draws it.

I really, really enjoy when relationships in comics happen organically and don't feel forced.

The team interactions were really enjoyable. Hope the future issues continue to become less of a Wally and Friends book and have more of the rest of the team. Also hoping Booth leaves. I didn't realize how bad he was until we got an issue without him.

Why do you guys keep posting this shit? It's not even right.

I can't tell if the writing suddenly got that much better or if Brett Booth was really just bringing down the book that much. Best issue so far.

Really on this ship, sempais.
And Harper is being quite a charming fellow.

Why did this book have to be saddled with Booth? This issue was twenty times better

It's nostalgia done well.
I'm not an old reader, apart from Wally's Flash, which I actually read last year, and are liking this books quite a lot. This issue, in fact, has been pretty good.

Booth is a huge Wallyfag

I love Lee Weeks. I wish he did more interiors. His work and intrigue alone got me through Superman: Lois and Clark

You know what thinking about it now that's what Superbro and Superdad's cape shield should look like if they merge in Reborn yellow and black.

Ok, i know Garth is atlantean, but they are making him a eskimo, asian or what the fuck?

what city is this supposed to be again?

This is kind of horseshit.

Superman gets everything, but I hope you guys are ready to wait a decade for Wally to get back to square 1.

nvm says it's New York

Exactly. I always watched the various cartoons as a kid but I never read monthly comics until Rebirth came about.

Even so, I can definitely FEEL the connections and history these characters share. This is good storytelling, pure and simple.

Further proof that Wally's not from the post crisis earth, he's from the new 52. He remembers black wally, he has a picture with the new 52 dick when he was a kid, the Titans comic cleary said that he got the post-crisis memories after Kadabra made him dissapear but he's actually from the new 52. In this issue Superman mentions "I dont know about edited time" because he's from another earth, not a previous timeline of the same earth.
And Wally fags still deny it.

Booth thought Black Wally was great and that only racists hated him.

Manhattan, specifically. You know, because they heard the word Manhattan.

Jersey City. World Financial Centre (Merrill Lynch BoA headquarters) in the foreground.

it's basically Rucka re-writing a fanfic version of the Perez era origin

Awesome page. I need it without text.

Feel like I'm in the minority liking Booth's art normally for this. He draws a great Wally, Donna, and Lilith and passable others.

I liked it too in the previous issues, user. But frankly, I feel that this old-style-looking art is great for the series themes.

YOOOOOOOO

I do enjoy the fact that while every comic reader took the "Manhattan" line to be an obvious reference to the Watchmen character, in universe where the characters have no idea who Dr. Manhattan is, they took it as "Well, I guess we should move to New York."

I think you just get used to it.

Then you see someone like Weeks take over the comic and sigh, realizing how much better the book is with good art.

Yeah, Wally was way, way faster than Superman Pre-Flashpoint. At one point he even went to Wally for training to try to get faster.

It worked, but at the end of the training when Clark was all confident in mastering his speed Wally still moved faster than he could blink. That kind of shit happened all the time.

Hopefully this will be the eighth and final part of Wally 'The Flash' West & friends.

This is a super old ship that they're rebirthing

This should've been the first issue after Titans Rebirth. Might've made the series not shit

it's not shit regardless, but whatever

The book is shit though. The first six issues were a discount Terminal Velocity. Abnett decided to dump the best part of Titans Hunt, Gnarrk, to go full on nostalgia pandering and maximize the Wally-wank.

charity

HOLY SHIT THE NOSTALGIA

Old tower was in the east river, iirc. Art screw up or new location?