Going to the movies on your own

>going to the movies on your own

Do people actually literally unironically do this?

My kinda weird, socially awkward buddy does all the time, and enjoys it. He truly does not give a fuck what people think though, and I am not blessed with this power.

I prefer seeing movies alone. I can go on my own schedule without having to wait for other people to be free. Plus I like seeing movies on Saturday morning and sitting in the back row. Quit being a self-conscious spaz.

it's unironically the best way to absorb yourself into a movie without the thought to bias by gauging someone else's reaction

>current year
>going to the movies

Do people actually literally unironically do this?

ha-ye-yea w-who would do that? m-must be a real weirdo right guys??? I a-always go with my gf... haha yea

I've never been alone, but it can't be that weird right? Especially if it's some semi-obscure movie during a weekday so there won't even be a lot of pwoke there.

;__;

Saw Dunkirk on my own. Wonderful experience.

DESU, if it's a film I really really want to see and experience in the cinema, I prefer to go alone.

If it's some capeshit or cheesy comedy, I usually go with friends.

Yeah 8 out of the last 10 movies i saw was by myself. It's more awkward to go with someone desu. I mostly just go to the movies to get away from people anyway.

I did it today because my gf is out of state. Not a big deal. Then again, it was for Blade Runner and the theater was virtually empty. But I did it plenty when I was younger, and never really cared.

it's so fucking good
you just leave at the end, no talking
just a long drive home

haha no you don’t know her she goes to another school haha

I did it once. I've eaten at a restaurant by myself before too.

i try to go at like 10am or 11 am on sundays when no one is there. i can get in and out really quick and i avoid all the riff raff.

Saw dark Knight solo felt like I snuck in

Only on manlet Mondays

It's comfy. No clueless/pleb friends asking you whats happening in every scene especially during foreign films

ya but it's kind of a hassle to find a clean enough homeless guy to get past the no singles policy, and if he leaves sometimes the usher will kick me out too

I just found out the cute bar tender at my local dive does. I dont ever crush on bar tenders but this one.....shes kind of nerdy. We talked about blade runner and vikings and shit.

I really like her but i never tip her more than 15%, never act like i have a crush on her like all the other trash i see hit on her when Im there and crack up at how she deflects all the come ons.

She hasnt seen the first Blade Runner, im thinking about buying her a copy. Shes smart enough for the Final Cut I think

screen shooting this for when im embarass myself in the future

I did it a couple of times. Each times the cashier were being snarky faggots but I was too oblivious back then to get unnerved.

I saw moonrise kingdom alone, the theater was mostly empty but I remember seeing some tumblrinas there, they probably thought I was a pedo given the content of the film. feelsbadman

dont buy her anything dude

if you insist on it give her a really big tip one night and tell her she can finally afford a copy or something, tie it all together

you know...its kinda funny how i was sitting here wondering if I should get her Blade Runner and then I see this here. Will I unbetacuck myself?

no obviously i pirate them and watch them alone in a pitch black room wrapped in a blanket like everyone else, can't believe there are losers who would go to the movies alone sheesh

once you start you can't stop. get to see any movie you want without having to deal with brainlet drivel before, during, and after the movie and can go any time you'd just be sitting at home doing nothing instead

movie pass is going to put my ass in a theater seat at least 5 times a month

Id love to give her a really big tip one night, if you know what I mean. and not just the tip

What is she like, user? What's her name?

I go all the time by myself who gives a shit. When you're at the movies and see a guy walk in by himself and sit down you don't think twice about it. That's how everyone feels about you

I see movies on my own often. It's really not a big deal, unless you weigh 300 lbs or are very unhygenic, or somehow autistic during the screening.

As a general rule, other people don't care about your presence nearly as much as you think they do.

uhhhh ummmmmm.....

I like going on my own because I can just get up and go spontaneously and not have to plan it with people and make a big deal of it.

When I see another guy walk in by himself and sit down I automatically start to think that they must browse this board

Never. I literally don't leave my house unless it's for the occasional night jog. I've spent probably 95% of the last 15 years of my life on my computer chair or in my bed.

Catching a matinee alone is perfectly normal. If you go alone during the evening that's some real fa/tv/irgin shit.

>Have two go to buddies that I see kino with (just 2 of us at a time)
>We always laugh at the fucking losers who come in by themselves. Always the same. Glasses, awkward looking, some ebin pop culture shirt, largest possible popcorn and drink possible
>They always look around slowly, you can tell they feel uncomfortable being there and know they are being ridiculed by other people there

One normie thing ill never understand is couples making out during movies. Like why bother if that's all youre gonna do?

>That one time these degenerates actually startee fucking during the movie; you couldnt hear it but was pretty obvious
>This based old guy who came with his wife tells them to fuck off and do their degeneracy elsewhere or he's gonna "teach them some manners"
>The guy fucking the chick stands up, typical chad-tier nigga who thought he was god's gift to the planet
>Old man stands up and he's like 6'8" hulking behemoth
>nigga just sits back down doesnt make a sound for the rest of the film

I've never gone to the movies by myself, but the prices on Singles day is extremely tempting at the cinema I go to.
Then again I never go to the movies except once every two years or something.

I did this once, to see Rogue One. It was like 10 pm and there were 2 pairs of couples in the theater. I sat in front and tried to pretend they weren't there, but my self-consciousness prevented me from focusing on the movie at all, and the entire time I felt like they were talking about me. It was a horrible experience, never again.

She does have a name though? And what does she look like, user? We're all curious. Brunette? Blonde?

>not knowing the pleasure that is going to see a movie by yourself
Comfiest viewing experience by far.

i usually go if i get out of work early and I'm dressed nice. That way if anyone starts talking to me I can pretend i'm manager at the theater and asks them how their kino experience has been.

I even have coupons for free popcorn that i printed out.

based old fucker

hes got the tism

Remember

The autism in this thread is off the charts. Going to the movies by yourself is literally not a big thing, nobody gives a fuck about what you do and with whom (except for Sup Forums autist that might be snickering under their fedoras). This was brought up in a class at my Uni, and everybody agreed that it wasn't weird except for this skinny permavirgin. This thread belongs in /r9k/.

do it user, we're all gonna make it

My best friend who's also an actor in some minor roles. He's pretty eccentric and he goes to movies alone all the time

kek

I do. I haveno friends.
i do have little relation spans, but people don't go to the movies with me; they generally just want me to suck them off and drop me

Yup, since I got that magic card, I've seen a movie nearly every other day. Watching a movie twice doesn't seem like a waste either.

>buying her movies
don't be a bitch

Kek

i don't see the point of going to the movies with friends? it's hardly a social event; you sit there for 2 hours in silence. fair enough if you bring a girl, but you're not really going for the movie then are you.

I do it sometimes. No one cares. Don't be a pussy.

>going to the kinos in suit and tie
is this what you are implying? any stories?

Don't go to the movies alone at night. During the daytime it's way less weird and no one will think anything of it.

I do it. My uncle does it and many of my friends do it. Nothing is wrong with it. People go to bars alone and go to eat alone so why would there be a stigma for going to the movies alone with the room being pitch black

yes because when people go to the movies with friends they meet up at the theater, watch the film, and then leave immediately, right autist?

it's about having something to talk about afterwards, my little sperg. generally people go out to eat afterwards. or they go back to someone else's place to hang out. and then you have a nice little shared experience and topic of conversation, the movie. pretty standard social interaction stuff.

>paying to see a movie

heh

Kik?

Are you fucking 18 or something
Afraid you're gonna run into Stacy Peterson your classmate at the movies and be embarrassed you see her while alone
No one gives a shit about you if you come alone or with a group of ten
You're actually more autistic for being afraid to go to a movie alone than you are for just going when you want to go if you can't manage to line up schedules with anyone else

I haven't been afraid of being alone in the dark since I was about five years old

>It's so fucking good
>Leave at the end, no talking
>Just a long drive home

Fixed your haiku

>Part of being grown up is doing whatever you want and not caring about what other people think! I'm an adult!

Kid you sound autistic as fuck.

based

OEV'S ON POINT PEEP DAT!!!!

We're talking about seeing a movie alone, not shitting on the floor or something. It's normal behavior.

>he'll never know the joys of going to the cinema on his day off at midday when no one's there, having the cinema pretty much all to himself, resting his legs on the seat in front of his, eating chips loudly as he wants and laughing hysterically/crying openly during certain scenes because of high schooler insecurities and fear of his own autism that resides inside everyone

Sucks to be you, friend :^)

t. 16 year old trying to distance himself from his 13 year old self

No, I hire people on Craigslist to go with me so that people don't look at me like a lonely weirdo. Instead I can burn a hole in my wallet while actually being a lonely weirdo, and one so insecure about his loneliness that he has to lie to himself and others to make himself feel better.

Or I can just, you know, watch a movie by myself without people whispering to me about inane bullshit for 2 hours.

ayyy
yeah, going alone is only a problem if you do the virgin walk and get sent to the manlet pit

went to the blade runner matinee on Monday. Small crowd just taking in the kino in reverence.

>de niro in a cinema
>not taxi driver
lolwut

>go with my mom
"whats going on i dont understand"
>go with my dad
zzzzzZZZZZzzzzz
>go with my sister
"hold on let me bring along 12 of my stacy friends"
rather go alone desu

Never done it, but it seems pretty comfy. Also never eaten at a restaurant or gone through a drive-thru alone.

i've done it and even made a couple change seats becasause one of them was sitting in the seat i had pre ordered

I go to watch screenings of old kinos by myself all the time

Movies aren't a social thing for me. I want to focus 100% on the movie I'm watching. It's okay sometimes to watch things with people who can focus on the movie while it plays and then talk only afterwards. I'm fine with going on my own though, I like movies.

I saw it alone too and I was the only person in the theater. Saw Baby Driver the day after and I was also the only one in the theater. It's nice as hell to have the whole place to yourself.

>sister wants to bring a bunch of her hot friends

what are you gay or something?

I've gotten to a point where I don't care what normies think. I even unironically wear fedoras because I like them.

I go to the movies alone often. I also go to restaurants alone and proudly proclaim a "table for one". I often request a booth even during peak hours just to myself.

Go during daytime, people will think you are skipping class to watch a movie.

I go to the movies by myself sometimes, because I have no friends. I'm not gonna just not ever go to the movies. DUH

Anyone who went to see Blade Runner 2049 with other people is the odd one out. They could not properly relate to Goose.

>not taking your tinder date to BR2049

nice rare ultimate gentleman
saved

how and why would one ironically go to the movies on their own?

>paying $15.50 to mr. Sheklestein to see a movie
>sitting in nazty seats people have farted in
>parents letting their autistic children run and scream
>stale popcorn, everything tastes like cardboard
Why would anyone subject themselves to a movie theater?

Wow you're a huge asshole. Having one friend makes you better than him? Choke on a bag of dicks

I'm going to see Blade Runner by myself on Friday. I don't have any friends and my gf doesn't want to see it

My theater has brand new luxury recliners, I don't go to movies people can bring children to, tickets are only 9 dollars and my friend who works there gets me in for 7.50. The popcorn is fresh and delicious and one of my favorite things about going. One of my favorite pastimes is smoking a little weed and sneaking into a late night showing of some kino ala BR2049. Thursday night be will be round 3

Dump her

Nah I enjoy fucking her and having cheap rent

Why would you fuck someone with shit taste

Do you tell her you love her? Be honest.

Why would I fuck a girl?
I do but I'm not going to spill my life story to a sperg on Sup Forums

I go to the gym, concerts, festivals, and out to eat alone. Table for one pls.

I did it once. Almost got away with it, too.
But then the next week my mom asked me if I wanted to see it, and I said I already had.
> "...By yourself?

Jesus christ, there's no escape

I don't want to hear your life story, friend. I can't say I'd assume it would be interesting to me in the slightest.

I meant in the previous reply that I narrowed to fucking and rent, not directed at you friend

kino and cinema alone, in the emptiest screening possible

films occasionally with certain people (rare)

sliding scale the rest of the way. movies can take or leave it, flicks in a packed house

joints are for smoking