Marvel Announces New Defenders Title By Bendis & Marquez

LOL

cbr.com/marvel-announces-new-defenders-title-by-bendis-marquez/

>Marvel Comics will take advantage of the coming increased profile of one of its super teams in 2017 when it launches a new Defenders title.

>Brian Michael Bendis and Dave Marquez, the creative team behind the recently concluded “Civil War II,” as well as “Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man” and “Invincible Iron Man,” will bring Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist together for a new comic in 2017, even as their television counterparts prepare to join forces as Netflix’s first superhero team show. Announced via The Hollywood Reporter, the series will launch in June following an introduction in Marvel’s 2017 Free Comic Book Day offering.

>“You will get Jessica Jones looking out her window, street-level, and my return to Daredevil, which will be different than what I and Alex did before, and Luke and Danny, characters that I have a strong affinity for,” Bendis told THR of the series. “I spent most of the oughts being mocked for the love of Luke Cage. Now that Luke Cage is a household name, I just sit back in my chair and laugh and laugh.”

>“There are a lot of fans who will say, ‘Oh they’re doing a TV show, so of course there’s going to be a comic,’ but at least in this case, there’s a comic I can point you to,” Marvel senior vp executive editor Tom Brevoort told THR. “Read the last two pages of Brian’s ‘New Avengers!’ Certainly that there is a big new exciting Netflix TV show coming is a good excuse for us to get to that story that we planted the seed on.”

>“I wanted do a sprawling, Godfather-like epic at the street level of the Marvel Universe,” Bendis added, “really putting out hooks down and creating a modern, elaborate organized crime story that is different than what has gone before, but builds on everything that has happened to these characters, as individuals or as a team, and putting them in the hardest battle for the street that anyone can imagine.”

>Bendis writing Luke Cage

Was... was this his plan all along?

On one hand, Bendis is going back to street level, where he's best.

On the other hand, Bendis is making sure to attach himself to a synergy product again to make himself look better.

>Bendis writing Luke Cage
>Bendis writing Daredevil
>Bendis writing Jessica Jones
>Street mystery book
It's basically all his greatest hits together. No way this can fail. If he blows this one up, he seriously needs to start thinking about retiring.

People here hate Bendis. Anyone think this will still be good?

Like others said, its 2 of his best written characters. And Luke Cage and Iron Fist. At the very least he's back in his element and not writing bloated crossovers or xmen stories.

Something something ride, something something never ending.

Bendis can actually write street level and write it well. This should be good great even.

It's literally everything else that he fucking sucks at and destroys. His street level work has always been some of Marvel's best. His other work their worst.

>Bendis can actually write street level and write it well
Don't make me laugh.

I'm ok with this, Bendis is good with street heroes

>people actually feeling hyped for this

At least it's not F4.

You didn't like his original Daredevil or Alias runs?

He has had a number of great street level books, but there are also some stinkers. He's Moon Knight and current JJ, for example.

>where he's best
Moon Knight was ass
Miles is ass
Jessica Jones is ass

There comes a time when you have to stop parroting seven-year old arguments and analyze the output with your goddamn brain

>Ultimate Spider-Man hasn't been good in over 5 years
>Daredevil and ALIAS were both over a decade ago

b-b-but Bendis is good at street level

Not at all. They have all the flaws people usually point out in his works but now ramped up to 11.

Also thinking this book will be crossover-free and won't try to be the most "important" "game changing" street level comic is just dumb

DD was a fluke.

Even if that was true, Bendis is writing this just because it will have a tv show and the MCU isn't 616.

Defenders is the team that deals with magical problems that even Dr. Strange can't tackle alone. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Lastly that looks like a line-up for Heroes for Hire.

It was never good.

Meh. That's like complaining the X-Men consists only of the O5 not international heroes like Wolverine, Storm, Collosus, Nightcrawler etc. Or that the Avengers is the founding members not Cap, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye. Or X-Factor is the O5 X-Men as adults only not a government or corporate sponsored team with Mutliple Man on it etc.

Marvel has always reused team names for different concepts or completely changed their line up to be unrecognisable. There are arguments against this book that's not really one of them.

Who the fuck is keeping Bendis fuelled at this point?

The fans.

>Bendis
>fans

Sure, but not good at all with teams.

How many goddamn books does this make for Bendis now?

I'm complaining about the team's purpose not the members.

Do the avengers go around hunting shoplifters?

Everyone rushes to read the new bendis comic. The general conscious regarding him is bad right now so most don't say a thing or join in on the mocking until next time. He gets to pick and choose what he wants gets to work on, he hand picks his artists and his comics are always top sellers. Even when people shit talk his comics they only end up putting the spotlight on him more and more. See, if a thread full if mockery reaches 300 replies, even if most call the comic garbage, others will be inclined to check it out more than a comic with a thread of 80 replies.

This is the third Bendis pasta I've seen today.

>“There are a lot of fans who will say, ‘Oh they’re doing a TV show, so of course there’s going to be a comic,’ but at least in this case, there’s a comic I can point you to,” Marvel senior vp executive editor Tom Brevoort told THR. “Read the last two pages of Brian’s ‘New Avengers!’ Certainly that there is a big new exciting Netflix TV show coming is a good excuse for us to get to that story that we planted the seed on.”

The fuck is that excuse?

>Read the last two pages of Brian’s ‘New Avengers
And what were the last two pages, anyway?

>Defenders
>Evil? Iron Man
>Minority Iron Man
>Miles Morales
>Jessica Jones
Powers comes out like 2 times a year, so it doesn't count
Is any writer doing as many titles as he is?

He hasn't written anything good in years, anons.
It's time to give up the meme of "he's good as long as its street level!".
His current Jessica Jones and Spider-man barely scrape "mediocre".

The majority of writers just stop being good after a while.

I think we can all breath a sigh of relief, this is like a Bendis containment book. Power Man and Iron Fist is fucked but how much damage can Bendis really do with a book like this

It's not a pasta, retard. A pasta is something you've read before. All I wrote is the ugly truth.

"Nothing happens" the writer is doing many titles. How exciting.

New pasta, yes.

It's not just that. He manages to destroy anything good he touches.

He is King Midden , everything he touches turns to garbage.

Since street level work is where he's best, and he did pretty well at writing Luke Cage in the past, it seems optimistic. If he fucks up here its the point of no return.

Stop it, bendis.

That was half my point. As well as changing members Marvel will reuse team names for completely unrelated teams with different purposes and has done for decades.

Given Bendis' awful awful track record on things like X-Men and GotG there's plenty of reasons to hate on this news. That's not really one of them.

see
the point of no return was ages ago

most writers just stop being good
wolfman stopped being good, slott stopped being good, claremont stopped being good, simone stopped being good (her vertigo book is her only good one since pre 52 secret six), etc

As long as Power man and Iron Fist continues I don't care.

Yeah, but you still can read Wolfman and Claremont with a bit of endearment because of their past masterworks. Bendis and Simone? Not much.

read current wolfman and claremont stuff?

i think not

Current Eolfman and laremint are just trash. Bendis was always shit. Current Simone(Clean Room) is actually good.

They can't be worse than Bendis or Simone.

>Benis written Defenders series for maximum Netflix/MCU synergy

If he manages to fuck this up I don't know if he'll ever succeed in comics again. This is his wheelhouse with his pet characters.

> Bendis messing up Walkers PM and IF only to ignore Danny and focus on Luke and Jessica

As bad as

Wait, that's not getting cancelled for this shit is it?