2000ad - Prog 2013 - Dredd Storytime

In the third millennium, the world changed. Climate, nations, all were in upheaval. The Earth transformed into a poisonous, scorched desert, known as "The Cursed Earth". Millions of people crowded into a few Megacities, where roving bands of street savages created violence the justice system could not control. Law, as we know it, collapsed. From the decay rose a new order, a society ruled by a new, elite force. A force with the power to dispense both justice and punishment. They were the police, jury and executioner all in one. They were the Judges.

Thanks OP

And here I was doubtful when they said those marshals make Dredd look like a laidback.

bump

BUMP

BUMP
U
M
P

what the fuck
this is a bit much

2000bump

Bump for justice

Bump!

how old is cadet Anderson?

Thank you

I was never too into comics, the last and only one I read was one that they threw into my bag at the PX that had Captain America beating up Arabs, but lately I've found Dredd fairly appealing after playing the game. Is there an easy way to jump in, like a classic collection or a story guide? Or is it all just one straight shot?

Teenaged, about 14-15. Though IIRC there's a story in that book where she's aged ten.

The easiest way to jump in are the Complete Case Files, which collect every single Judge Dredd story. The first couple of them can be a bit cheesy, being 70s british comics and all, but they have a lot of charm. Still, feel free to jump to volumes 4-5 if it's too much, since that's where the strip really hits its peak and stays there for the rest of the decade and beyond.

Thanks mate. I'm looking at them now.