Ant-Man & Wasp expectations

This movie's a fucking mystery to me. What do you think they're gonna do with it Sup Forums?

Captain Marvel's almost definitely gonna deal with Avengers fall-out, there'll be aliens and spaceships and cosmic shit. This... it's an Ant-Man sequel. They've already established a tone, and it's pretty standard Earth stuff.

Do they totally ignore Infinity War and do another heist adventure? Do they totally ignore the first movie and delve into cosmic mindfuckery? Do they do neither? Both? Help me out here, please.

Isn't the film going to be about Scott and Hope rescuing Jan from the Quantum Realm?

I was under that impression, but i'd like to see some other villains, like Whirlwind.

What Im wondering is how will the story deal with the fact that hes basically an international fugitive now?

I'm sure they'll all be pardoned.

Will this be out before or after Infinity War?
it could also deal with him essentially being a fugitive again after Civil War

I'm hoping the rumor about Hawkeye having a supporting role being true.

>Will this be out before or after Infinity War?

It's set between Infinity War and Avengers 4.

im guessing since we didnt get demon in a bottle we wont get a wife beater

Id imagine once Hope suits up as Wasp shes going to realize it isnt that easy being a superhero. Last film she was all about putting on the suit herself and getting the job done, but Scott is probably going to end up teaching her this time

>One panel and the only time he ever hit Janet
>Instantly labeled a wife beater forever
Reed Richards was a worse husband than Hank

Flashbacks to Hank and Janet's spy adventures, villain from Hank's past coming back to kill his family (maybe Whirlwind?), micro-verse shenanigans? Coming off of Infinity War I'd like something more low key and Ant Family focused.

Also, no shitty sidekicks. Keep Luiz, drop the others, they suck.

I'm more interested in how Peyton Reed will fare with much less influence from Wright's older take

I'd love Hope trying to get along with Cassie as Daddy's new girlfriend.

>Also, no shitty sidekicks. Keep Luiz, drop the others, they suck.

From what I remember hearing, Luiz is coming back. The slav and T.I. are being replaced.

After the first part before the second.
Hence why it's such a toss-up. Could they even get away with just making another down-to-earth Ant-Man movie in the midst of all that Thanos buggery? Wouldn't it affect that story's momentum?

>A person kills someone once
>Wow why is everyone calling that person a killer?
>A person rapes someone once
>Wow why is everyone calling that person a rapist?
>A person hits his wife once
>Wow why is everyone calling that person a wife beater?

Are you dumb or are you suggesting it's okay for a man to hit his wife?

I really want this

just give me more douglas pym. Single best move from the entire MCU

It's a little okay when Janet forced him to marry her even though he was literally insane at the moment.

Im not defending the action itself, because Hank was in the wrong. But the label "wife beater" implies an ongoing abusive relationship in which the spouse will regularly strike their partner. Hank is fucking insane, and IIRC he was having a mental breakdown in that issue. Again not defending Hank hitting Janet, but calling him a wife beater is just plain inaccurate and something they ran with

Maaaaaan Whirlwind's bottom-tier for villains I want to see.
There's Egghead, Taskmaster, Goliath...

ANTS

So it's okay to hit your wife even once? How do you know they won't do it again? Wife beater is still accurate, since it means the wife is struck by the husband. It's a fact Hank hit his wife, why do you people think it's acceptable?

>Hank is fucking insane, and IIRC he was having a mental breakdown
That's still no excuse, why it only Sup Forums that finds this acceptable? Everywhere else people know it was wrong but you guys keep defending him for no reason.

You didnt even read what I fucking said. HANK WAS STILL WRONG FOR HITTING JANET. You're just trying to start shit you faggot

You know what this film should do?

Bring Darren Cross back
But turn him into MODOK.

I'd wonder how Jan lived so long in there honestly

Thanos is going to blow up at least one city and you think the United Nations will still care about one airport dust-up?
His point is probably that Reed, Spider-Man and others have all hit their wives too under far less strenuous circumstances and weren't eternally vilified for it.

>Things work differently in the Quantum Zone
It doesn't need a whole lot of explanation, the place is weird as fuck.

>that's no excuse
there's something called mental breakdown. Hank has bipolar issues and in that moment he had frequent schizophrenia attacks that Janet capitalized into to force him to marry her.

You must be some stupid feminist idiot to not see how Janet coerced a sick man to marry her and instead of helping him to cure his disease she just capitalized on it. Hank not doing anything worse to her is fortunate, as I remind you, the man was building a killer robot to defeat the Avengers and then save them himself.

You're pretty stupid.

Bring in MODOK as the main villain and Whrilwind as the secondary threat

Most fiction frames existing in 4th Dimension as being able to move across time as easily as someone moves across space.
IRL science also theorizes that the dimensions beyond the third are simply too small for us to see or experience (see a taught rope from far away it looks 1-dimensional, use binoculars it'll look 2-dimensional, we know for a fact it's 3-dimensional, maybe 4/5/6 follow the same scale). This is probably where Kirby's whole idea for the Microverse came from in the first place.

tldr they can technobabble that time's meaningless where she is. Not even frozen, just... malleable.

fanny pic

>Whirlwind as the secondary threat
>not Goliath, despite the set-up
>Thunderbolts fans BTFO

I just think Whirlwind opens up some fun visual possibilities.

Man, if they were going to do that, they have set up the Thunderbolts in the first wave of movies. By not slaughtering every antagonist that's not Loki or Thanos.

Zemo wasn't around. No point.
Goliath and Moonstone still have excuses to appear, if you wanna be a fegit and use the E X A C T OG cast.

>Wouldn't it affect that story's momentum?

No. They're not the same story. They're two stand alone films just like the previous two Avengers films.

>just like the previous two Avengers films.
That could still mean One's about Thanos getting the gems and the other's about him using them, you realize. That press release was mostly about how the name would change. Which can easily mean mean Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet.
Unless they kill purplepuss off in Infinity War and Kang is suddenly the villain of the 4th, they're gonna be a continuous story.

>they're gonna be a continuous story.

Not really. Both Captain America 1 and Avengers 1 revolved around the the Tesseract, but they weren't the same story. Both Thor 1 and Avengers one had Loki as the main antagonist and they weren't the same story. They continued the stories of the Macguffin and Villain, but the films themselves were not the same story.

The films will further the story of Thanos (if you can call his shit a story thus far) and the story of the Infinity Stones. But Thanos and the Stones are not the only parts of the film. Too much time and development is going to happen between the two to justify calling both Avengers 3 and 4 the same story, just like Avengers 1 and 2.

Yes, but unlike Phases 1 & 2 the gap between these two separate stories isn't monolithic. There's one year separating them. of course they'll have independent storylines but those storylines will assuredly be a lot closer to one another than Loki attacks NY and Ultron bombs Europe were.
Plopping two movies in the MIDDLE of that short gap begs questions. Especially given what we know about Captain Marvel. She's debuting in Infinity War, she's a cosmic/sci-fi character, she's got a title that has long-standing connections to Thanos and his lore... Like hell isn't that one going to tie heavily into the Avengers movies. Putting that there alongside "Ant-Man and Wasp chase Whirlwind around Ohio, completely oblivious to the celestial chess-game these surrounding 3 movies are dealing with" sounds highly off-kilter.

Because he was literally suffering mental abuse.
When it happens to a woman it's actually labeled as fighting back against emotional abuse.
When a man does it, while having a mental breakdown and ZERO support, WOW HE IS THE DEVIL

>So it's okay to hit your wife even once?
Doing it once while you have a mental breakdown is far different than just doing it regularly.

Which IIRC Reed & Spidey did.

something like this, maybe some stuff about Scott in CW, and then some sort of set up for IW2 or Janet having seen some sort of premonition in the quantum realm/micro-verse

Well the ending to the first movie set up the possibility of exploring the quantum realm to rescue Janet - but after Civil War, it would be surprising if they didn't revisit the Giant-Man aspect. So I'd hope in the sequel they'd go both bigger and smaller than before.

Hawkeye is supposedly going to appear in the movie now, indicating a return of the Ant-Arrow, but also the possibly of him becoming Goliath at some point?

Sharon Stone is rumoured to be playing Janet, and it would be great to see her character and story explored. It'd be especially cool if Stone was playing Janet, since she and Douglas have some established chemistry.

As for villains, I could see them going with Erik Josten/Atlas so they can simultaneously have a grand-scale super-sentai/Godzilla battle action scene juxtaposed with a surreal suspenseful rescue mission in the quantum realm.
Atlas could double up as a lead-in to a Thunderbolts/Masters of Evil film with Zemo & Abomination..

If they could pull that off without giving the audience the bends, you'd have the perfect movie.

See also

>no right_in_the_kisser.jpg
y liv

>Keep Luiz

I want him for one scene: Recapping the events of Civil War to Hank after he asks where the hell Scoot has been.

>So I'd hope in the sequel they'd go both bigger and smaller than before.
WELCOME
TO THE MACROVERSE

So if I lie to you one time, and then you were to found out I lied, would you call me a liar forever?

i hpe they look cool