How bad is true detective season 2? I'm scared to watch it

How bad is true detective season 2? I'm scared to watch it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lcZC_KGX6WE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's bad

>Let them eat cake, she says. Too bad mine's at the bottom of a fucking urinal

It's awesome.

They say lightening doesn't strike twice in the same spot, Ray. Well, I'm in the second season, and the network didn't move anything one way or the other.

God damn it I laughed

it's not bad, it's just not nearly as good as S1. take a break watch some other shit, then watch S2, don't compare it to S1

Could it be worse than the first where he survives being gutted and lifted by a knife under his sternum?

Watch it for Ray and Frank otherwise fuck every character other than them.

S1 is 9.5/10

S2 is 8-8.5/10

Didn't hit the vital organs. It's plausible.

watching this shitshow with Sup Forums as it was coming out was great. high tier memes.

It depends on what aspects of the first one you liked, if you liked it mainly for the conspiracy/Lovecraft parts you wont enjoy it, there's no Lovecraft and the conspiracy has a lot less punch

Vince is fucking horrid.

The rest is okay

Great for memes, but very mediocre otherwise. I'd give it a solid 7/10 at most. The spooky murderer turns out to be exactly who you thought he would be, the one (or ones) with the most obvious motives, and it really ruins the show. There's no real symbolism or depth to the murderer or murders, just "Oh, a mask, sounds good why the fuck not" and "Reeee I hate you and want you to suffer!" They basically spend the entire middle season jerkin around doing irrelevant shit until the last episode or two where stuff actually happens.

Vince was great only one I hate was fag cop because he was shit in every scene.

DOOOoooonnn'T

Fag cop just didn't need to be there. He didn't really affect the story with his actions and the departmental pissing match between agencies was ultimately between the corrupt PD and county sheriffs.

Having 4 narratives was a waste of time. In the end I did care about some characters and felt sad about what happened to them but did not feel satisfied with the resolution as I did in season one. Despite the fact that the evil swamp sex cult still existed at the end Rusty had it right when he expressed the idea that the light was winning against the dark a little at a time.

it's actually kinda, very bad. It has some nice scenes , but overall it's like a 6 /10.

if it wasn't named "true detective" and came before season 1, people just think that it was a pretty cool and decent crime thriller (think like the killing or whatever), but nothing speical.

All the people claiming "hurdur you just hate it because season 1 was soo good and you were gonna hate this either wway"

are just full of shit, it's objectively much worse and actually a little "lucky" that it can constantly use season 1 as an excuse when people talking about it being disappointing

This is accurate.

I liked it more the second time I watched it.

He was fucking gutted up to his sternum, doesn't get more vital than that.

>implying it isn't /our season/

The dialogue is bad and the acting is weird, but the plot is decent and it's all about the production and atmosphere anyway.

>youtube.com/watch?v=lcZC_KGX6WE

fat pussy>>ray>velcro>ray's gf>corrupt cops>the fat cop that gets his head blown off>>annie>>>>>>>fag bike cop

You only hold this opinion because you watched it a while ago and you forgot all the incessant drama plaguing the whole season so you stick with the good parts

The good parts are not worth going through the slog of MUH SAD LIFE for

It’s about highway construction or some other stupid bullshit. Plot was garbage.

Not having Mt. Fuji as director really hurt. I think he toned down BravoPizzas fidora tipping dialogue and was obviously talented in season 1. With out him, Season 2 just seemed rushed and generic.
You could fastforward xompletly through Fag Cop and be fine with the story. I don't care that he likes polishing poles, Hes just extra fluff that brings NOTHING to the table but initial discovery. Frank interacting with Ray and the Cock Cuffer almost makes it worth it. Plus Kapernick makes a cameo as the Mayor's Son. kek.

Fuck, I think I might like season 2 more. I need to watch it again.