quickposes.com/pages/timed
senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
youtube.com/watch?v=5xPvvPTQaMI
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
fontmonkey.com/archive.php?font=memo
belziarius.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Scrub Authors GOODIE Bag
Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:
>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
myscriptfont.com/

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/ (surprisingly not a typo)

>Links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
>Contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>DISCORD CHAT going on,
Ask for an invite in the thread.

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=5xPvvPTQaMI

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

>Guide to promoting your comic:
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

>Comics for makin' comics!
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics

delete this

delete all comics plz.

No, just delete these threads. They're a blight on Sup Forums catalog and nothing ever comes out of them except garbage anyways.

no you're garbage!

Amazing /hyw/ wit, no wonder your comics are where they are

So... is this the right thread or not? Nevermind.

This is the first page of my comic, without text. I just realised the perspective is F U C K E D

as long as the viewpoint is up in the air, I think the perspective is okay. but I suck at perspective.

Airboats and cowboys guy here iv decided I'm going to keep going and just post it here on \HYW\ and see how much my art progresses.
Pg.6

Page.7

hell yes. maybe I should have put a 'previous thread' link in. it was

how long have you been drawing?

buy a scanner.

but user, where else can i shill my hack pos fancomic aside from deviantart and tumblr... i thought ppl here had taste?

Thanks, glad you like it

Since I was a youngin, I'm 24 now
iv been thinking about it

I'd rather spend the money on a tablet than such unreliable technology as a scanner
but in any case these are just the roughs for guidelines, right? not meant to be final-product surely. not at this size.

Yeah, and these shit threads don't even keep Dewd contained, he was shilling his comic on Sup Forums earlier today.

Let this be the last.

>someone actually made a thread discussing my comic on Sup Forums once
>this was just before Sup Forums started being archived
i wish I could hear what they said..

bleh, not a productive night as I got other adminy stuff to do.

Anyone listened to the New Run the Jewels Album? That shit is dope.

Sorry for the quick scan, i'm working on an idea and did a test doodle to see how things might look. Little cluttered, but if calmed down do you think it could work as a webcomic? (cleaned up and more aligned/formated)

Just fucking embarrassing, that retard seriously thinks his comic is just "undiscovered" and if he shills enough it'll "take off".

>erasing the nipples
for what purpose

Any recommendations for a good font?

What kind of font are you after?

blambot.com has a ton of free (and pay) fonts especially for comics.

adminy stuff, eh? I guess there's a lot involved in really selling a comic on the internet for money. We're lucky to get these previews of the pages

I like the detail level.. The perspective is off on the tank trreads and also on that dirt mound.. and the tree too really.
>cleaned up and more aligned/formatted
and not on lined paper, right? and also bigger, because that looks like a 9x5 paper or so

I found a good handwriting font a thread or two ago. fontmonkey.com/archive.php?font=memo and everything else on that site is good too

I didn't mean the image size, I meant the size you're drawing at. Looks pretty small.

but yeah as long as it's practice, no prob. It's looking fun. I hope it helps you out.

I'm capturing these on my phone, im sure if I mess with the settings or something I can get them bigger , but like I said with the first pages this comic is just practice maybe if I really like where the idea goes I'll make final versions of the pages who knows

Ha, didn't want to test the mods

> I guess there's a lot involved in really selling a comic on the internet for money. We're lucky to get these previews of the pages

I can stop sharing here if you like? You do remember me saying I do a webcomic absolutely for free, right?

god dammit did I sound sarcastic again? I'm not good at this.

kill yourself coldfusion you are practically retarded

aye....

Look what is a GOOD way to say that? It doesn't come up very often. I don't hear many people talking positively about most subjects, so I can't remember what it sounds like.

*kickbump*

Spend less time on 4chin coldfusion, get out there, learn how to interact with real people

this is disorienting

What could I improve of my site? belziarius.tumblr.com/

looks okay to me.. it's functional.. I don't think it needs anything.
lemme ask you though, what were you expecting us to say? if you had anything in mind that might mean you have a problem you've noticed in the back of your mind

Basically what you said, that it's just functional. It seemed almost too simple. I kept wondering if it was missing something I'm not seeing. Maybe some way to make it look less basic.

Well you have a nice banner, the site isn't cluttered, but if you wanted to add more features it's always nice to have a cast page, maybe a plot-catchup recap page

it's terrible... sorry

Menu: you used a light grey against a white? You need attention there along with links to the first page, an about/faq page, and/or a character page

having to scroll down past the latest page to see the first page is annoying and i will just leave the comic rather than bothering to scroll all the way down, if you're lazy with your layout making it to difficult for me as a reader then i'm too lazy to give it a chance

white & background with shitty texture contrasting side panels? both of those pulls the eye away from the comic.

do yourself a favor and find the hex code for the red of the monster and use that instead or go with a nice dark grey

>Menu: you used a light grey against a white?
What do you mean? I didn't specifically use grey anywhere. The letters are meant to be black, but if it doesn't look that way I can make them darker.

>having to scroll down past the latest page to see the first page is annoying
I agree, any idea how to fix this in Tumblr?

Thanks for all the comments. I'll definitely work on an "about" page and other things.

What? none of those things are true.

Expand on why please

Wait, by "having to scroll down past the latest page" do you mean the fact that the latest page is on the front page? Because that's normal. That's how nearly all comic sites work.
If you mean you'd rather have navigation controls atop the comic as well as below, that's a fair desire, but hardly vital.

>If you mean you'd rather have navigation controls atop the comic as well as below, that's a fair desire, but hardly vital
Yeah, that's what I meant

you're using simple webcomic theme all those options are easy to change/edit in the theme editing page.

scroll all the way to the bottom of the editor where it says +add page and go from there. There are custom pages and redirect available in the drop down along with a button that will add a page link to the menu

Thanks, though I was asking because I did search but couldn't find how to move the navigation controls to the top of the page.

I didn't say it wasn't normal

you know what is also normal with that is that link you don't claim is vital for new readers who might want to start from the beginning without spoilers

>whining while not offering solutions

well now let's not push down the toaster handle while the bread's still too fat, you don't want to MOVE the navigation controls, you want to copy them. If you could only have one set, the bottom's more important than the top by far.

Well either way, I don't see a built in option.

The correct solution there is: whenever you link new readers (For example showing up here for the first time, which this fella did months ago), you link page 1, not the main page. the main page is there for caught-up readers to bookmark, so they can check it every day

>whining while not offering solutions

have a (you)

how is that a solution?

hey user make sure in your faq that all your readers know to only link your first page while sharing your comic... don't forget to tell search engines and tumblr when they have you comic link generated

You ARE aware that what you're proposing is not possible on Tumblr, are you?

it's only the way webcomics have worked for 20 years

that you for the laughs

What's that pic supposed to show? I thought we were talking about moving the navigation bar to the top.

>Why can't I make this line horizontal, it keeps coming out tilted
>oh, my tablet is tilted

i'm not arguing that the latest page shouldn't be the default you idiot, i'm arguing that there needs to be a visible first page link that doesn't require you to scroll down to the bottom of the site

what part of that is hard to understand and why does it offend you so?

retard

>i'm not arguing that the latest page shouldn't be the default
literally exactly what you were arguing

'show pagination top' option in the theme editor

I felt the need to explicitly state my thoughts on my character as a person of poor talent, but concentrate on a different experience that compliments her dreaminess.

I wanted to try some pink colors that are unnatural since so far I've only done natural tones.

pick up the pace my man

oh man, this is getting metaphorical.

That narrator is kind of a cunt. Surely it's best if you never realize you can't compete, unless there's some kind of penalty for trying and failing

I really want to make a story about a specific type of person and field that im interested in. But I know nothing about it, or how to make a conflict for even one chapter that involves.

And I want to know how to world build a super natural/sci fi world

Suggestions?

Also, please dont discontinue these threads. I have no idea how one general can trigger an autist so much especially in this day age where you can close a thread with literally two clicks. There are cartoons and generals i hate seeing, but its not like go around shitting up their threads.... like other people.... when i see one.

no worries, mate.
>im interested in
you may not have used an apostrophe but those three words are all you need. let that interest motivate you to research it. the more you look up the more you'll get ideas of what to write. you're lucky you live in the information age.

as for worldbuilding, that's a lot of fun. there's some guides to it online but honestly it's more fun to just do it yourself. Think about all the settings you enjoy, the parts you like, the parts you'd change.. and remember that while it's really fun to think in terms of nerdlore, you should focus first on aspects that serve a story (as opposed to, say, aspects that serve a videogame)

also don't worry, there's just one asscandle who posts that shit. these threads will go away someday, but it won't be a cessation, it'll be a dwindling of interest and a general abandonment. after that, we'll just have them more rarely and less structuredly.

What do i do when it involves reading about girls and i feel embrass to even google it?

I dont want these threads to go! I already lost djt from Sup Forums

I guess the world building thing is true and i should find something to read about

why the got dang hell would that embarrass you?
Hmm there's a how to draw manga all about 'girls' life' with individual attention to all the personal details of a few fleshed-out characters, their daily lives, all the secret girl stuff, but it's not scanned anywhere I know of (even bookzz). you should just read some stories with a lot of detail about personal lives, and maybe get some female friends that will let you learn whatever girl-stuff you want to know, research purposes.

I like /hyw/ and seeing what everyone is working on.

If you're wanting to write starting from a single idea, try a thought map. If you have an idea for a setting, a character, or a conflict, make a map for each of those and keep branching out until you have material to push you to write about. Seeing your ideas all out on paper might inspire you.

Don't be embarrassed to read and research. Making up everything from your head and expecting others to relate is what will be embarrassing. If you're too cowardly to look something up, you'll also be too cowardly to write about it.

>getting a female friend
this is an impossible feat for me, which might explain why im so interested in girls. I guess ill look for an online one.

autism

or just, y'know, the state most of us are in
just because you've found a way to be around them doesn't mean those are your friends

i did that when sometimes to get inspired. But for write now, i think all i need is a comp screen.

Look coldfusion, check your own autism.

>why the got dang hell would that embarrass you?
You yourself admitted that this guy's fucked, because seriously who gets embarrassed just trying to google about girls? Omega as fuck

giving up on someone as completely fucked the minute you've identified a problem is kind of a concerning behavior, my good user whom I'm sure is alpha as all fuck and not in the least bit a dangerous sociopath

some people are to embarrassed to look at the naked body to learn how to draw. Would you consider that autism?

I guess the same advice applies as long as your keep all of your ideas in an accessible place that you see often. Refer to your notes over time and see what can be turned into a cohesive story, or see what can be cut and saved for later writing.

If an idea persists so often that you need to see it take some kind of form, keep working on it.

If you are male, yes. If female, then waifu material

>most
Keep telling yourself that. It's the only way.

Finished this page!

progess before I go to bed, couldn't finish today

varying definitions of "us"

>shading on word balloons
god dammit whatever else this comic is, it's innovative.
that nurse reminds me of someone outta wind waker.

excuse my sjw language, but you're a sexist asshole, and you have motivated me to get over my autism.
idk whats going on here, but this seems funny.

very nice. I love the posters that are literally nothing but smiley faces

tiny nitpick though, that I should have said something about when you posted the thumbnail last night... the scene rotates 90 degrees (?) but the girls are still just where they were before, in the same orientation, but turned aorund.

the only autistic thing you're doing is taking this shitposter seriously. hang around a while and you'll learn to see it coming and not to give it any attention

it's also a bad idea to keep posting the same kind of reaction image multiple times in a row. it can be seen as avatarfagging (and it doesn't really suit the mood or summary of each post you're making, so..)

I really like the balloons, there's a lot of flavor to it between the shading and the alternating sizes. I think you can also do more balloons that spill out of the panels, it really brings it out more from the picture. Good stuff

>wind waker.
Huh, that's funny, because I thought up of him while playing Katamari, but yeah, thanks, Windwaker also has a really great character design style.

Thanks dude!

The second guy is fucking with you. I just feel like someone has to say it. Because I've been in your place and I wished someone would just explain it.

there's nothing wrong with reaction images on Sup Forums, fuck off

Hey if it was up to me avatarfagging would be allowed (and then critiqued on how well you did it, and if you got shit for it, it would only be because you were doing it poorly)
I'm just sayin' it like it is. We don't want another ikamusume guy, and mods are fags.

For a heavily stylized comic in color, there's more leeway so you can do more cool stuff. There's nothing wrong with trying new things other comics haven't done before for speech bubbles. This isn't a B/W manga, use your imagination more.

somebody's beein fucking with dewd lately pretending to like everything he does while secretly making fun of him. pologies if you're not that guy but it kinda sounded like it.

oh. OH. Whoops! But I guess it's a quick fix, just have to rearrange it, thanks!

can you really rearrange them that easily? awesome, I was worried that would be too much work

I've had so many scenes where I drew people at a table, viewing them from one side, then 180'd to show people on the other side of the table, and everyone was in the same order instead of reversed