Now that the dust has settled, who was the best Korra villain?

Now that the dust has settled, who was the best Korra villain?

Other urls found in this thread:

prom-knight.tumblr.com/post/155709153093/the-kiss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Amon before the reveal.

Agreed, but I'd probably rank Zaheer as a close second.

Weren't you listening to Varrick's story? The best villain is all of them working together! Calling each other on the phone...

Zaheer
Amon (the reveal ruined him)
Kuvira
already forgot the big bad's name from season 2

Here's how I'd rank them:
Amon>Zaheer>Kuvira>Shit>Unalaq

Kuvira is not a villain

Korra

Honestly, I'd argue that Zaheer's intentions being revealed was pretty bad too. It was a lot better when he was scarily mysterious rather than "muh freedom."

The writers

She invaded a peaceful nation. While, yes it was former Earth Kingdom territory, it still contained plenty of new families who had built a life there.

I'd still say she was the relatively least villainous though.

You and everyone else.

Asami

>Implying Kuvira isn't best at everything, including being a villain

Fuck off waifufag

Kuvira shouldn't even count as a villain 2bh since she did literally nothing wrong

Nobody. Their childish ideologies made them all look dumb.

>Portion of land is taken during war.
>Instead of conquerors keeping land, it is mutually designated to be a new nation due to cultural differences
>Years have passed and the nation has built itself its own identity and economy
>Contributes to the rest of the world with new technology
>Citizens have almost entirely forgot about being a part of the Earth Kingdom
>A new dictator arises
>"REEEEEEE! THIS PLACE USED TO BE EARTH KINGDOM, SO I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO CONQUER IT!"

The retconning

Well, that was WAN hell of a big mistake!

>Takes rightful clay
>Forms new puppet government that you have no choice but to accept
>Said government then tries to manipulate and subvert your own regime
>Peacefully extend giant metal laser hand of friendship and reunification to make the Earth Empire greater

Kuvira did nothing wrong

What are the last two words ?

Balance
Equality

Amon: bad motivation , but at least is reasonably smart on his plans
"muh daddy issues"

Unalaq: not a bad motivation, but completely retarded on his plans
"let's attack the south for no reason and then expect the avatar to still help us"

Zaheer: bad motivation, but reasonably competent, except for that fuck up in the end of putting the avatar inside a goddamn mountain
"chaos will help people somehow.. right?"

Kuvira: bad motivation, retarded plans
"Yeah, i could just shoot.. but whatever, let me go inside to punch them"

Best: Amon

Worst: Kuvira

Bonus: Korra (c'mon, she basically caused everything in her own show)

Balance and Equality

Zaheer, how is there a question?

>giant metal laser hand of friendship
Well, at least I can be sure that this is bait.

user, you're sounding like a Native American activist right now. Don't be a Native American activist.

Because he was the one with the worst motivation by far.

He's still my second favorite though.

It was peaceful. During the entire state visit to Republic City, how many people died? Just one, a convicted terrorist and attempted child murderer.

Nothing wrong

She tried to conquer a peaceful nation just because "muh manifest destiny." She also tried to kill many of the protagonists.

Also, you don't happen to be Scrapper, do you?

Okay, thanks. To be honest though, balance doesn't seem appropriate for him considering he tried becoming an evil avatar and fucking with the spirit world.

>She tried to conquer a peaceful nation
not even him, but her understanding is that the people in RC were invading and the territory belongs to the Earth nation, which makes sense considering how Aang literally stole the land.

Even, if Aang did steal the land, the nation had moved on, becoming a distinct nation with people who (mostly) were too young to even have experienced Fire Nation rule.

It's essentially like if the United Kingdom attacked the United States (God knows how they could do it) just because they owned it in the past.

Well, he did want to revive Vaatu mainly as a counter to Raava's domination, so one could argue that it's technically Balance, albeit a malevolent interpretation.

>the nation had moved on, becoming a distinct nation
"because the invaders say so"

>It's essentially like if the United Kingdom attacked the United States (God knows how they could do it) just because they owned it in the past.
Yes, they do have claims for that. And the native americans do have claims for that as well.

My point is: it's irrelevant to try and say "who is right" when it comes to land, because no one should take it and say "this is mine" in the first place.

In terms of characterization: Zaheer.
In terms of damage done: Korra.

The Amon that existed in my head before it was revealed he was a bender.

A country does not have rights to another country just because it was previously owned by that country.

Also:
>no one should take it and say "this is mine" in the first place
It's been shown that the United Republic's split had very little effect on the Earth Kingdom (and none on the Earth Empire) so her conquering the land had no more basis than taking away land.

This

I always pictured that he was either
A: Using a complex form of chi-blocking involving electricity
B: Actually using powers granted by the spirits (It would've been extra great if the spirit was Koh out for revenge)

Zaheer
>already forgot the big bad's name from season 2
I think it was Watu

I also wish that they hadn't included the new psychic "no full moon required" bloodbending.

The human antagonist's name was Unalq, and the evil spirit was named Vaatu.

>A country does not have rights to another country just because it was previously owned by that country

Hey user, here's a tip: proclaim your home as your own country and see how it goes. Will people respect that or just take your home? The issue is how that country came to be in the first place.

>the United Republic's split had very little effect on the Earth Kingdom
so "if it has little effect, it's not stealing"? let's say you have 10 billion dollars, and i steal 10.000. Is that okay?

But Vaatu was the big bad

And Watu and Vaatu is close enough

Kuvira and Henry Rollins.

You do realize that the Earth King legally allowed the United Republic to split, right? So did the Fire Nation, the Avatar, etc. Nothing was stolen.

Also, when I said it had little affect on the Earth Kingdom, I was pointing out that Kuvira had literally NO REASON to invade the Republic City beyond "muh unity!"

her clothes were the best villain.

>clay
>>Sup Forums

Amon = Disappointing/10
Unaloq = cliché/10
Zaheer = Best/10
Kuvira = waifu/10

>the Earth King legally allowed the United Republic to split, right
No; Aang split the land and declared it free. There was no statement made by any leader, they decided to stop fighting, but doesn't mean they cease to have claims for the land. As the earth queen says herself, he was just "too weak" to fight further.

>NO REASON to invade the Republic City beyond "muh unity!"
First of, i think you don't know how big RC is. It takes a LOT from the earth nation. Second, land is always important. At this point you're discussing that a billionare has no reason to take his 10.000 dollars back.

Amon was cool. His plot twist didn't change everything he did.

Clay?

It's kinda like if Darth Vader removed his helmet and there's an angsty rat tailed teen mumbling about sand inside.
And it didn't even happen in a separate part of the story so you could ignore it.

The problem is that Amon was actually built around that reveal and that retroactively tarnishes him.

Zaheer was better, even discounting Amon's identity, because he wasn't nearly as cliched.

Amon before the finale was the best villain. When he seemed more like a force of nature than a man and he had everyone shitting themselves over him. That finale was terrible.

>Implying Amon was anything special in the first place
Even if he was a non bender who got his powers from spirits he still doesn't have an argument

But zaheer's motivations were the dumbest of the bunch. Not only did they make no sense the way they went about enacting their plan was almost laughably incompetent.

>Amon will never be a literal who with mysterious powers
>He'll never die wearing that mask
>"So who was he?"
>"Amon? He was Amon."

Korra

Korra was the best villain in Korra

>But zaheer's motivations were the dumbest of the bunch
You mean Anarchy? A very real thing?
>laughably incompetent
Don't see it. They made mistakes, but that kinda made them more plausible. Both Amon and Unaloq had things just work out for them in a matter of convenience or Korra's stupidity.

Hell, the fact that Amon just took over Republic City in 5 seconds, pulling a huge army with blimps and everything straight out of his ass, was already a dealbreaker and went against the entire way he was set up as a threat.

>Hell, the fact that Amon just took over Republic City in 5 seconds, pulling a huge army with blimps and everything straight out of his ass

Exactly, the Equalists were always kind of shown to be separate from Republic City, like they were invaders, it would have made far more sense to show characters within the government/police etc being double agents for them.

Has anyone talked about this?

prom-knight.tumblr.com/post/155709153093/the-kiss

It really came across like Osama Bin Laden rented an army of henchmen and took over New York City.

Amon's threat lay in the fact that he was a shadowy, elusive figure, that employed methods against which Korra and her mates were powerless, not because he could freeze them with bloodbending, but because he wouldn't fight them straight up and the mystery surrounding him made it impossible to find his weak spot.

But in the end he puts himself in a position where he can be taken down by brute force and discredited in a public forum in one swift go, with no input by the good guys whatsoever.

That's what makes him a weaker villain to me. Not necessarily his reveal.

And the fact that he tucked his tail between his legs and ran away like a little bitch.

And then get killed in a murder-suicide.

How did they fuck up an awesome villain this bad?

Oh be quiet you commie bastard

>amon wants equality for everyone
>NUOOOH, MUH ARTISTIC EXPRESSIONS
>amon is dead
Korra, you really are a dumb-fucking tumblr piece of shit.

TIL I have to sympathise with a villain's cause to find him compelling.

Zaheer wasn't that bad.

Sure, muh anarchy was kinda dumb, but he did have a good point about taking out all the dictators that historically plagued the world.

Though that applies to all the villains in that they were good until Byrke realized they were too good and had to make them go full retard to be a villain (with the exception of Unalaq).

Basically Putin

Daddy issues.

Kuvira only wanted to secure the existence of her people and a future for earth empire children. The re-education camps are all lies. Kuvira did nothing wrong.

Meh, I think there are a lot of good points here, but fuck Unalaq and fuck season two. None of that shit made any sense. Like what the fuck was even going on, man?

What's there to talk about? Everyone should know they'd be pandering to the shippers ever since the ending.

Yeah, of course. Just stay put while I finish refueling my helicopter.

Amon before the stupid twist obviously. Zaheer is ok but his anarchistic views aren't thought out at all and it just seems the writers did a very poor at fleshing out his motivations in general.

>You mean Anarchy? A very real thing?
But Zaheer's concept of anarchy is extremely vapid and there's no real reason for why he strongly holds these views. The way he goes about achieving his nebulous and poorly thought out goal is even more retarded.

Hey, we beat the shit out of your leader, i hope all your grievances were solved. Avatar awayyyyy!!!

here is a quick fix to the Amon problem without compromising the story.
>Amon is actually the non bender brother of Tarlock
>Once the dad discovers tarlock can bloodbend he forces Tarlock to practice on amon.
>A villager finds out about bloodbenders
>A mob forms to take the dad/tarloc into custody.
>In panic they accidently burn down their house
>Amon loses his mom and his face gets scarred.
>He journeys into the spirit world as an adolescent to get the powers of spiritbending.
Other than no longer being a bloodbender this literally keep the core of amon intact.

Fucking Air Jews and their damn propaganda.

Sounds pretty good honestly

So basically like real life anarchists?

It humanized him, normalized him even and made him just another guy. Which is bad considering his entire angle was him being insanely different.

Fpbp

Being a bloodbender is the writers explanation why Amon can remove bending you retard.

It's a retarded explanation

>You mean Anarchy? A very real thing?
Not him, but yeah, a very retarded thing. Existing in the real world doesn't make it any less retarded. Worst thing is, he has a very... weak version of anarchy. I mean.. simply killing the leaders and expecting things to be okay? that's just silly.

He disables a blood vessel in your brain that is connected to a central chi vein disabling your bending, pretty simple stuff dumbass.

>friends with Asami for 2 weeks+letters
>no deep interaction for a long time
>romance out of nowhere
>already kissing

The how come you need soul-bending to heal it? Instead of bloodbending or waterbending healing?

Besides he couldn't disable Korras Airbending that way, so you're probably wrong.

Because LOOK AT ME IM AANG I CAN DO ANYTHING.

That doesn't explain why bloodbending can remove bending, but bloodbending can't heal it.

Zaheer easily, followed by a tie between Amon and Kuvira with Kuvira getting the upper hand for Amon's lackluster reveal.

Unalaq is ranked way way way down on the list.

I give up trying to explain this bullshit user.

I'm not Scrapper but even I know Kuvira was only doing what was best for the country and it is proven there would have been world peace under Kuvira.

I hate how Korra became a politcal weapon for the United Republic and she only supported it because MUH AANG. Kuvira should have given Korra a nice living space and privileges to tempt her on her side or just have sex with her.

Or at least show her how much better the Earth kingdom was under her.

Earth Empire was objectively better than Earth Kingdom due to the technological advancements. Korra is just a fucking idiot. Suyin is scared her little country is gonna get annexed.

I really liked when they teared down the wall of Ba Sing Se and giving power to the people while Zaheer was giving his speech on the radio.
The chaos afterwards was just some made up bullshit bourgeois thinks when they hear Anarchy.