New TV Spot Reveals That The Dark Knight Will Romance Barbara Gordon In THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE

Sup Forums's OTP is back!

youtube.com/watch?v=Crb226ODyqQ

Fucking eew.

I bet Bruce Timm is behind this!

But my OTP is a harem ending for Marco.

NO! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A GOOD MOVIE!

the more you try to fight it the more it'll happen

also here's more proof that DC is shit and should no longer exist

Nah as long as Snyder's in charge DC will have at least one good movie every once in a while.

oh please DC can't even get OSCAR WINNERS to make good movies out of their shitty comics

>romance sub plots in Bat movies

For the love of god fucking stop with this pairing. It's creepy as fuck.

TIMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>People still deny the fact that Batman x Catwoman is the true OTP of the ENTIRE Batman franchise.

YOU CAN'T HAVE CHILDREN LOOK UP TO CRIMINALS! THAT'S DOWNRIGHT IMMORAL!

It really is the best Bat pairing there is. Talia is shit, Wonder Woman doesn need no man, and this Babs shit lately has been REALLY fucking creepy

Fuck off Timm

Why is DC so obsessed in pairing characters that share superficial similarities?

Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman/Batgirl, The Flash/Flash-like girl and so on. They're always awkward pairings.

Fuck off, Batman deserves someone pure like Silver not some ex-whore thief who should be in prison.

>Superman/Wonder Woman
Superman needs a Superwoman, user. Screw Lois Lane. No one actually likes her.

>Hey fell for the "Lois Lane is a bitch" meme
Supes/Wondy is perhaps the worst DC ship in recent memory

There's always Superman ;)

normies have no feelings about it whatsoever

i bet a lot of milenials grew up just assuming batman and batgirl are a couple

>Implying Batman/Bruce is pure.

No one would object to Superman if DC wanted to make Batman gay.

>It's another DC shipping wars episode

Well I -- for one -- sure hope this ship is in the movie

WHY DO YOU NEED A ROMANCE PLOT IN A BATMAN CARTOON FOR KIDDIES. LEGOS ARE LITERALLY FOR LITTLE CHILDREN.

THIS IS WHY THE BATFAMILY NEEDED MORE FUCKING GIRLS. BABS JUST BECOMES THE WAYNE FAMILY'S TOWN BICYCLE. FUCK THE EXECS FOR THINKING GIRL CHARACTER= HOOK UP WITH MAIN CHARACTER MINDSET.

THESE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT PROBABLY THINK SHE HULK WAS CREATED TO FUCK HULK.

THE ONLY THING STOPPING SUPERMAN FROM HOOKING UP WITH SUPERGIRL IS THAT THEY ARE RELATED BUT I FUCKING BET THAT THEY WILL HOOK UP TOO IF GIVEN THE CHANCE.

DCucks will defend this, oh yeah, and Babs is now a black woman with red hair.

>Superman/Wonder Woman
That's not a superficial relationship. It only seems that way to wondyfags.

They share many of the same ideals and love of humanity. Superman is a father figure and Wonder Woman is a mother figure. They both represent peace and justice.

>underage and millenials complaining about Batgirl being a Batman love interest

faggots probably hate the Adam West show too
Dickfags were a mistake

DC Super Hero Girls says hi, namely Harley Ivy and KF.

FUCK OFF TIMM

Excellent taste.

>THE ONLY THING STOPPING SUPERMAN FROM HOOKING UP WITH SUPERGIRL IS THAT THEY ARE RELATED BUT I FUCKING BET THAT THEY WILL HOOK UP TOO IF GIVEN THE CHANCE.
Bruh.

Is nobody else going to mention that the attraction in that trailer seems entirely one-sided? Barbara's interest so far seems purely professional. That's the whole point of the "first day/first date" exchange. It's... slightly less creepy than Timm's pairing, in that this is clearly meant to be an older Barbara than we've seen as Batgirl before. And she looks like pic related in universe.

When the fuck did Catwoman become an off limits option? She's probably the best romantic interest for Bruce, then Talia.

Barbara as a live interest is creepy and weird, and it always has been. Bruce was her secondary father and role model, teaching her the lessons James couldn't and molding her as a pupil to be her own hero. She's decades younger than Bruce, and always sought him out for advice and acceptance.

>That fucking Robin

Mother fucker it's a wedding, wear some damn pants.

They're only paired because they share matching outfits, are iconic and have super-powers.

>They share many of the same ideals and love of humanity. Superman is a father figure and Wonder Woman is a mother figure. They both represent peace and justice.

Every time they're paired in stories they turn Wonder Woman into a violent and haughty bitch just to make Superman look better, because writers know that two characters so similar are boring together.

Oh, and you could say the same for Batman and Batgirl. That they share the same ideals and love for Gotham, that Batman is a bat and Batgirl is a bat. That they both represent justice and order.

Batman x Batwoman when?
Forbidden love is best love

Wonder Woman exists so that Superman doesn't have to fuck his cousin.

>Lego Batman voiced by Will Arnett, noted portrayer of scumbags
>kind of a scumbag in the Lego Movie
>somehow it is surprising that he's a scumbag in this movie

Kate look I know you're a lesbian and my cousin but will you marry me?

>Bruce Timm likes this post.

>marvelfag comes to shit up a thread
Why do you do this? Why do you love conpanywars so much?

Looks like they're making fun of it more than anything kind of like everything else Bat related in the movie.

Catbatfags BTFO yet again

Not that user, but...
>if he talks bad about DC he must be a Marvelfag.
Can't he just be a Sup Forums fag? Or worse, an indiefag?

Wonder Woman share more in common with Batman personality and ideal wise than she does with Superman.

Superman's just a guy with awesome powers that use his powers out of a sense of responsibility than anything else. If he could, he'd live a normal life.

Wonder Woman and Batman are two sheltered and privileged people that left the comfort of their lives to serve a higher calling and pretty much have no time for anything else since then. Their superhero identities pretty much represent their real selves and they live for the mission in and out of costumes. Their mission is also a never ending one.

THIS. It's clearly meant to be a running gag at Bruce's expense, the "arrogant asshole comedy protagonist" archetype are almost always portrayed as idiots who think they're suave ladies' men, especially if they're parodies of ACTUAL suave square-jawed ladies men-type characters.

James Bond -> Austin Powers
James Kirk -> Zapp Brannigan
Batman -> Lego Batman

It's the same reason TTG treats Robin's thing with Starfire as one-sided and kinda pathetic.

Who in DC has a boner for worst Batgirl Barbara?

She is the most forced character in Batman media.

Timm

>It's the same reason TTG treats Robin's thing with Starfire as one-sided and kinda pathetic.
Honestly would've been funnier if it was one-sided on Starfire's end.

>Wonder Woman share more in common with Batman personality and ideal wise than she does with Superman.
What a dumb fucking sentence.

Batman cares only about his war on crime, but he would NEVER kill. Wonder Woman doesn't wish for war. She fights for peace. But she is willing to kill if necessary. These are two completely opposite ideals. Despite any superficial passion or desires they have shown for each other, there is nothing there that will ever allow the relationship to last. Batman has no emotional availability for that. All future versions of Bruce illustrate this perfectly. He ultimately ends up alone because he shuts everyone out.

There are many other ways to portray him as pathetic and arrogant without indulging into Bruce/Babs bullshit. They were already doing that fine in the trailers alone.

Sup Forumsfag sounds more applicable.

Based on the post in question I'm inclined to believe you.

>BruceXBabs
>No CIA

Yeah but this way they can prop up Batgirl for casuals/kids before the Sirens movie. She's so cool even batman is in love with her!

Holy shit.

As well as in comics and animation. Nothing surprising.

>Batman cares only about his war on crime, but he would NEVER kill. Wonder Woman doesn't wish for war. She fights for peace. But she is willing to kill if necessary.

And that's great because it creates conflict.

>Despite any superficial passion or desires

Heh.

And Wonder Woman will never stop fighting for piece. She'll always be an amazon and ambassador fighting for a better world. Any story that has her giving up on that and living a boring life as a stay-in-home-wife is doing it wrong.

Name one that didn't had one

>BrucexZatanna will never be a flagship

I just want them both to be happy

Year One

Shoulda pushed them more hard, Dini

why does barbara look black in some scenes and white in others

Dini please go

Batman v Superman

That news made my day. I'm sick of Batcat and Dickbabs.

People sperging out over this pairing makes me laugh. Bruce/Barbs been hinted since Batman 66 and in DCAU.

You guys whine like Tumblrites who are also against this ship.

In both comics and animation, they NEVER hinted they had father/daughter relationship. It's always been teacher/student and mentor/protege relationship.

FUCKKKKKKKKK

and they only thought barb x bruce only happened in tkj movie. how fucking noob are they?

I'm gonna need a source on this.

Supergil by Peter David

Because it's a shitty ship and it's yet another instance of Barb worming her way into something Batman related.

This romance better not resemble TKJ's version

>Batman played by WIll Arnett
>Batman will be Bojack Horseman
>Bojack fucked Sarah Lynn

My god, DC has thought this through!

>Creates conflict
>good relationship

Creating a relationship with a fatal flaw, just because it is easier to write than a complex relationship with no obvious fundamental difficulty, is just lazy writing.

Superman and Wonder Woman could be interesting if anyone bothered to learn how to write a relationship were the central issues wasn't one of them acting batshit insane.

It is less weird in this version. She appears older and not the daughter of his best friend.

You don't have the weird mentor / student angle and you don't have the fact Batman in jizzing in one of his only friend's offspring

I hate both Dickbabs and Brucebabs, I don't like Barbara in general but Brucebabs is by far the most cancerous pairing out of the two of them

I'm actually pretty sure she is still meant to be Gordon's daughter, but this version of Batman may not be friends with Jim at all since Babs' whole proposal is for "the police to team up with Batman", and the movie is all about him going from a lone hero to a team player, so maybe he's just never really connected to Jim in this telling.

I do agree with your other points tho, it feels a lot less weird since she's clearly supposed to be a grown-ass woman. I just assumed they were going with older grey-haired Gordon, pushing him closer to Alfred's age. It's better than BTAS where, especially post art shift, he looked more like Barbara's granddad.

I love the ship so im glad bruce is giving babs the peen across all mediums now

Every medium except the comics

Y'know, if this were old Sup Forums, we wouldn't be bitching about this. Or the "blacking" of the Gordons. Or Robin being too effeminate.

Because we're be too busy drawing /ss/ fanart of delicious brown Batgirl with shota fuckboi Robin.

I'm not mad, Sup Forums, just disappointed.

>Superman and Wonder Woman could be interesting

But it never is and Wonder Woman is always written horrible.

>Creating a relationship with a fatal flaw

Something that Infinite Crisis and 52 approached really well.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand dropped.

I wasn't planning on watching it anyway, this is just another thing to add to the list

My thoughts exactly. I bet Timm would find the whole Sarah Lynn arc hot as fuck.

He does if you count the Timmverse comics.

And the ThrillKiller comics

Maybe there really is something to that Illuminati pushing pedophilia thing.

Well, look at it this way: DC seems to be trying their hardest to destroy Batman/Catwoman. That means every OTHER Bruce ship has at least a little chance.

Plus, Zatanna's been getting a little bit of a push lately. She's all over Justice League Action, for example. So things aren't hopeless. If anything, there's more hope now than there was a year ago.

Isn't this supposed to be a year 5-6ish Bats and a clearly aged up Barb though? It's not as bad as BTAS where Bruce's been active for years and Barb dated his half-son guy

I'll have to congratulate Dick

Its a 50 years-ish Batman.

>I have aged PHENOMENALLY.

>Implying that isn't a form of a parental relationship

Wew lad

God damn it, I hate BruceXBabs but thought that this would just age them up.

Thats a joke, user. The preceding line is from Alfred:
>Alfred: Sir, I've seen you go through similar phases in 2016, and 2012, and 2008, and 2005, and 1997, and 1995, and 1992, and 1989, and that weird one in 1966.

Continuity in this film does not matter at all.

>Babs

And interest immediately deader than some rich parents in an ally

>Black Woman with read hair

Gee it's almost like she's in a universe based off a toyline with interchangeable parts

>Sup Forums takes the fanfiction of a 8 year old seriously
For fuck's sake