Is supposed to be a renowned blade runner who's good enough at what he does that he works alone

>is supposed to be a renowned blade runner who's good enough at what he does that he works alone
>literally gets his ass kicked by every single replicant he "hunts" in the movie and every time survives through sheer happenstance and luck

How the fuck did Deckard survive for a single day as a Blade Runner?

The nexus 6 models were new dumbass

hes a lucky man

Well the other guy justdied immediately so i guess being good is just squeaking by

They'd been around for at least 4 years when the movie takes place considering Roy Batty expired at the end.

I'm more annoyed by how some random cop is the most important person on the planet because he fucked some android

He was retired for some time by the events of the movie, since they hunted down all regular Replicants, and he was going up against new dual purpose Nexus 6 models that are leagues ahead of everything that came before.

They even say that right at the beginning of the movie, are you stupid or just created this thread for some (You)s?

well Deckard had never seen a Nexus 6 before

Considering how much stronger they were, they didn't think to maybe go after them in squads, or at least outfit him more? The fact that they thought a lone retired guy with a pistol wouldn't be immediately brushed aside by a single model was a bit silly.

this. OP's a faggot.

>They'd been around for at least 4 years when the movie takes place

Not on Earth, they fucking talk about it in the beginning how this is "THE WORST ONE YET", because new models have reached Earth.

seriously man what the fuck are you retarded?

Why are you two so sensitive to a plot hole in a movie being questioned? It's like you take it personally.

>plot hole
>literally discussed at length at the beginning of the movie in a separate expository scene

>It took 4 years for them to reach Earth

So these are the first ones to ever reach Earth in 4 years? Doesn't make sense. And still doesn't answer why they thought it would be a good idea to send a lone retired asshole with nothing more than a pistol against them.

probably some faggot who worships the star wars ot and movies like gremlins

The morning text says that blade runners are created after some nexus 6 models rebelled. Deckard is supposed to be the best blade rubber in la. Are we really supposed to believe that the best blade runner in la has never seen a nexus 6 before?

That is just it though.

Having enough skill/experience to escape death/harm.

Whether you are a LEO/service-member/UXO tech, that is all it amounts to.

"Experts" are not without fault or weakness, BR covers that life aspect fairly well.

It's explains it clearly at the start of the movie that some new Nexus 6 replicants killed 23 people and fled to from an off-world colony.
Yes, they even question their motives when discussing it. Deckard ask why the risk coming back to earth and Obrien says he needs to find out.

His survival required absolutely no skill or experience though. He could have been a literal retard thrown into the exact same situations and still lived because he lives sheerly through either being spared due to replicants acting like retards (Pris), having pity/love/whatever you want to call it (Roy), literally running away from him (Zhora) and being shot by someone else (Leon)

For a legit question there's a lot of hostility in here.

Anyway, they obviously underestimated the new model, but they wanted Deckard because he was a great detective first and foremost and he really did a great job at finding them

He's also way past his prime and an old bitter retired drunk when the movie starts.

>It's explains it clearly at the start of the movie that some new Nexus 6 replicants killed 23 people and fled to from an off-world colony.

it also explains this is why Blade Runners were created, meaning they should know Nexus 6s.

>For a legit question
It's not a legit question though anyone who paid attention to the movie would know why Deckard got his ass licked royally all the time by the replicants.

No one's explanation holds up though.

Blade Runners were directly created because Nexus 6 models killed some people on Earth resulting in them getting outlawed. The idea that these were new models no one's ever seen before is silly.

>legit question
>newfag who is 40 years late to the film and probably watched it only after seeing 2049

>Nexus 6 rebel Off-World
>All Replicants are outlawed on Earth and hunted down by Blade Runners
>Nexus-6 models finally reach Earth
>??????????
>"I need ya, Deck. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic"

How does when someone watches it affect the legitimacy of their questions about it?

>Nexus 6 models killed some people on Earth
>a bloody mutiny be a NEXUS 6 combat team in an OFF-WORLD COLONY

wow i though you were baiting all this time but you're just an autistic retard

Because it's a shit tier movie.

>meaning they should know Nexus 6
Were are you getting this idea nobody knows about them? Are you just trying to act stupid? They had simply never dealt with them before, it's why they have Deckard test the VK machine on Rachel

It suggests they're a bandwagoner.

>washed up, depressed, and increasingly disillusioned with the moral groundings of his trade
He wasn't in top form, user, and I don't think he'd have minded at that point if Leon had killed him. Rachel saving him despite how callously he'd treated her plants the seed of his redemption. If she sees some kind of value in his existence, maybe he can. And after her acceptance of him romantically and Roy's sparing his life, he does.

It's a rather subtle and clever story honestly.

Deckard is a Nexus 7, an experiment meant to see if two replicant will fuck, and if replicants can be used to hunt other replicants.

>d-don't insult my p-precious movie!! :(

If they KNOW about them they should have some concept of how to deal with them.

How does being a bandwagoner affect the legitimacy of a question about a movie? If the same question was asked 30 years ago, how does it change?

Only good answer in this whole thread and it's not some fat sperg freaking out. Thanks.

Through his sheer gayness.

>If they KNOW about them they should have some concept of how to deal with them.

They had simply never dealt with them before, it's why they have Deckard test the VK machine on Rachel

I don't think they're were any other blade runners besides him and gaff and the replicants don't have guns a pistol would've been enough and it was 3 out of 4 times except Roy who could literally dodge bullets

>Gets told hard by an entire thread
>T-the only good answer is the one that has nothing to do with me being a retard

lol you're fucking embarassing

I also want to point out that Batty and the others were, in edition to being Nexus 6, Military Replicants (except that one who was just a whore). Meaning they were trained (well, programmed) soldiers and killers. And they probably taught the whore.

Leon wasn't a soldier he was a worker that moved 4 ton boulders around all day or something sounds kind of bad ass to be honest. Also what do they need combat teams for in the outer colonies are they fighting aliens

>a-durr durr I'm dumb

He's the only one who provided a coherent answer. "dey never deal with da real models b4!!!" is the response of a mentally handicapped 8 year old ie yourself. Fucking brainlets need to go back

No it's not a legit question and people that question deckards ability as a blade runner really piss me off. It's like they don't pay attention at all Deckard was a great cop and did a lot of cop shit he found zhora all on his own and that led him to finding Leon. He's saved by his friend not some random stranger passing by it's not just blind luck that saved him there.

>get btfo
>get mad
btfo kiddo see yah later buh bye

>"dey never deal with da real models b4!!!" is the response of a mentally handicapped 8 year old

too bad it's literally the reason given in the movie then, right?

Deckard isn't renowned he's the only blade runner left that isn't injured or in the hospital but he was the best blade runner out of all the other ones

>he actually replied

Correct. The movie might as well have been written by handicapped 8 year olds. 2049 blows it out of the water in every respect, objectively.