The Bellybuttons Update Storytime: Savage AF Edition

Hey folks, it's Ouash, and even though it's late, it's still Wednesday! I'm working a day job now so I can't do morning storytimes during the week. Still, I'm here with the 3rd week of Bellybuttons update storytimes. Currently ongoing is the new book called "A History of Hijinks". FAQ: >Q: Why isn't Karine goth anymore? A: This is a spin-off series that rewinds the timeline of the story in order to focus on more one-off gags. >Q: So is this canon? A: Yes, with a dash of retcon. >Q: Wait, so when do we find out about the lesbians and the other stuff from the main story? A: Book 8 is coming out in 2018.

>I'm working a day job now
Look at the wagecuck. Look at him and laugh.

I'm so cucked I massively fucked up the opening post, too... well, might as well keep this thread up since I can't delete my own thread.

FAQ (with non-shit formatting):
>Q: Why isn't Karine goth anymore?
A: This is a spin-off series that rewinds the timeline of the story in order to focus on more one-off gags.

>Q: So is this canon?
A: Yes, with a dash of retcon.

>Q: Wait, so when do we find out about the lesbians and the other stuff from the main story?
A: Book 8 is coming out in 2018.

First the previous pages, then the new page. We have 1 new page this week.

We like you anyway

>Book 8 is coming out in 2018.

aw shit i thought it was this year, jesus thats a long wait

Seeing more of Karine back when she was still a total wet blanket is painful.

New page coming up next!

And there you go, our new page for this week. Vicky being savage af

See you all next week!

>murtphy

>I wish I had admirers like you girls...
>is a fucking rock star in the future
Poetry.

>Albin
RRREEE

lmfao Vicky is savage

>I loved turquoise! Now every time I think of it I'm going to be reminded your face!
S A V A G E

>Scientific
Damn she roasted that nigga AND god.

If Karine acted the way she does with her brother around the people at school, she wouldn't be such a doormat.

But more importantly
> dat Vicky ass in the last panel

I wonder if Vicky was just that savage because she didn't realize her "preferences" yet. Almost all guys she dated was just for social status and such and to get free stuff.

In my experience, yes.

Which side of this where you on?

I had a relationship with a Vicky. She liked me fine, but anyone other male that tried with her got shut down hard.

And just to be clear she turned to lesbianism later in life.

>Second to last panel
>Supergirl: Being Super.jpg

Damn, how did nobody (myself included) catch that last week? Or did somebody catch it and I forgot...

You forgot.

What is a tuque?

You're right user, my apologies.

Damn, Vicky!

>that respectful banter
big talk coming from a nigger

That is an impressive catch, bro. Ouash should look at that translation again.

"Admirateurs" should probably be translated as "fans" so the average person can get the joke too.

>lesbianism

Less penissism iirc

>"Admirateurs" should probably be translated as "fans" so the average person can get the joke too.
Huh? Admirers makes sense in the context. Don't change the translation.

It's not really common to say a rock act has "admirers" rather than "fans".

It does make a lot more sense to describe the girls' admirers as fans than it does to describe a band's fans as admirers.

I'm not sure why you think the word has to be the same. The girls have admirers and the band has fans.

Because, as user pointed out, it's a reference to Karine later becoming a rock star and having fans.

"I wish I had fans like you girls..."

It's still works with admirers, but not as well (and not as intended). The authors used admirateur because it also means fan.

I guess it's just one of those things you can't translate too well, since call the boys fans in this context is unusual.

Not really. Vicky and Jenny have celebrity at their school. They have fans in the same way those social media people have fans.

It's a lot less unusual than a teen girl describing a band's fans as admirers anyway.

The problem is you're trying to fit English to French and it doesn't work that way. The romantic context dictates the use of the word admirer which has a romantic meaning. Fan does not have this meaning.