ITT: times you tried to share your love of kino with others and regretted it

ITT: times you tried to share your love of kino with others and regretted it

>see Memories of Murder recently
>tell my mom about it, explain to her why I find it such a great film and why she should watch it
>she talks about how she like, LOOOVES foreign films and how she prefers to watch movies with subtitles (first red flag, I was legitimately upset that this movie wasn't in my native language the first time I watched it because I had to take my eyes off of the kinomatography to read subtitles)
>get her to start it one day and she gets about 30 minutes in before she decides to go to sleep
>start the movie tonight and she spends the ENTIRE FUCKING MOVIE on her phone and tells me I'm being an asshole every time I tell her to put it away
>at the end of the film has the fucking audacity to tell me that the movie was "ok" and that she didn't understand what I saw in it
>has made fun of me for having such poor standards since
>mfw

pls respond

she thick bro?

>talking to your mom about normal things
i wish i knew this feeling

No, she's a fat normie with pleb taste in cinema.

She literally said that Memories of Murder was a "Se7en ripoff" and got triggered that the killer is never found despite the fact that the movie is based on real events and it was trying to remain true to the facts.

There is literally nothing wrong with watching movies with subtitles enabled, take your pretentious ass back to plebbit.

If the director wanted you to watch the movie with subtitles they would've put subtitles in the movie themselves.

You're the type of classless prole to watch a comedy with subtitles and wonder why nothing is funny to you.

IMDB drone

Sharing kino
You deserved to be made fun of

What did he mean by this?

>times you tried to share kino
>tells a story about sharing a flick
What did he mean by this?

>implying I give a fuck what the director wants me to do
>implying I'm not laughing because maybe it just wasn't funny
How's highschool, kid?

>implying it's not at least a film

It was so fucking refreshing to watch a movie that wasn't filmed by a coked up schizo with a fetish for close ups and access to 25 camera angles in post.

You're a fucking subhuman. Why even bother watching films if you're going to actively undermine the techniques used to make said films enjoyable?

List your top 5 kinos so I can have a giggle.

>reading subtitles occasionally means you can't appreciate the cinematography.
Don't breed

>watching films that are so shit that there's literally even a single nanosecond of kinomatography that isn't worth devoting your full attention to
Don't breath (ever again)

>>watching films that are so shit that there's literally even a single nanosecond of kinomatography that isn't worth devoting your full attention to
>unironically thinking Memories of Murder is such a film.
Who's the subhuman now?

wait, do you watch movies dubbed or something or what are you talking about?

You fucked up by showing it to your mom user.
I have been watching kino with my little brother since he was 15 and now he watches westerns, film noir, fantasy sci fi and common drama films without touching his phone once.
I went to the new bladerunner with him for example and he liked it.
He even tells me to shut up during a movie from time to time, makes me actually proud.
On the other hand my mom is the same like yours, she loses interest as soon as there is no romance or drama in a movie.

Damn... memories of murder is one of the best detective films ever made. I'm sorry user but your mom is a pleb.

a-are you my brother?

>Show Shin Godzilla to family
>They display blatant racism towards all Japanese manerism and customs in the movie
>They laugh it all loud when final form Godzilla appears
>Wow "user this godzilla looks like a plastic doll lol"
>They though it was a comedy since the beginning
could it be worse

user how can you watch movies you've already seen?
t. my mum