Should American children be forced to learn spanish? Discuss

Should American children be forced to learn spanish? Discuss.

Stop it with that taco talk. English will be the global language like it or not.

I wont force my children to learn a literal subhuman baboon language
Only faggots willingly learn and speak that garbage

Okay.

>A European language, one of the descendants of western civilization's mother tongue, latin

No, now fuck off.

Not supporting it, but how is this any different from practically forcing every high school kid to do it?

Why would anyone learn a language just to talk to drug dealers and rapists?

The world should be forced to learn English instead.

There are tens of Spanish speaking countries in the Americas and only a handful of English speaking ones. Why can't Hispanics stay the fuck in their own countries and leave us alone?

No, because once the Wall goes up there will be a lot less people speaking Spanish on this side of it.

taconiggers should learn english. This is leftist bullshit to split whites and actual Americans apart even more. Fuck Spanish, fuck Mexico and sure as shit you can fuck right off with any leftist bs

The world should be forced to poo in loo and shot if they cannot

Walked into that one huh?

Exactly.

Forced Latin imo

Usually they have a choice. This case they'd be only learning Spanish.

I say no. I took German as it came easier to me not to mention I actually liked it. Fucking hated Spanish thought it was the worst language ever. Can't stand how it sounds when spoken either.

You can't learn a language in school unless it's something that will also be used outside of school, like through television or music. This is why so many Europeans have learned English, it's used everywhere and why the UK is utter garbage at other languages. We are forced to "learn" them from a young age, but this basically amounts to spending a couple of half-assed hours a week badly learning French or German or whatever. And since at that age you do not give a fuck about learning, you will not put in any effort and your only contact with the language will be through those lessons every week.

It's a huge waste to try and teach native English speakers a language while they're young unless you can somehow get them to hear/speak/use the language outside of those lessons. English is the current dominant language, until that changes, you will struggle to teach native speakers a second language.

No.

>asking muricans to speak more than 1 language

>2015
>Not-current year

What are you a bigot? We should learn to speak japanese because they are the superiors now. Fucking weebaphobe.

it's never too late for esperanto

true, but if you have to learn because you have to be a cuck and adapt to the invadors of your country it becomes the enemy's language, and a sub human language too

fuck spanish

gay.

The best languages for Americans to learn are German and French. Those langauges are closer to English than many other languages. Forcing Americans to speak taco because some illegal immigrants refuse to learn the language is like forcing Europeans to learn Arabic. It fucking sucks how most jobs won't even hire you unless you speak fluent spanish. We need that fucking wall asap.

>German closer to English

German is a tier 2 language Spanish tier one along with the Romance languages

They kind of are. We took a mandatory Spanish class for a couple years in elementary school. Lunes, Martes, Miercoles, Sabado, Domingo is all I remember from it and I'm missing some days. I don't even know what days I typed. Except Lunes which I think is Monday because both words are moon related.

I then took Spanish for two years in high school. And I can't really speak it at all. Forcing the class on them won't do shit unless they're either passionate about speaking it or in an area where it's heavily used.

I take it you never studied the German Langauge.

The only reason German is teir 2 is because all these immigrants who grew up speaking screwed latin cannot speak a language outside of their comfort zone. For me, I have a hsrd time understanding spanish because it sounds so slurred and unorganized. Learning German was very easy as a native english speaker and is even easier to speak and listen to.

German is tier 2 if you are not white.

It's good to speak a second language but I don't think it would be Spanish, nothing of any significance is Spanish, maybe Chinese or German could be profitable.

Finns are forced to learn Swedish in school and honestly, it's not a very good system.

Students seeing the matter as them being "forced" to learn the language is one problem. There are a few places in the west coast where a majority of the residents actually speak Swedish, and where a good grasp on the language makes your daily life a whole lot easier. However, the rest of Finland only encounters Swedish in school, which makes everyone wonder, "why the fuck are we studying this again?". Swedish-speakers are a minority, and nowadays the language only holds historical value.

Then there's the fact that Swedish and Finnish are completely different languages grammatically. We have taken several loan words from Swedish, but that's about all the similarities we have. Learning it can be difficult.

I'm not sure how big of a portion of Americans speak Spanish as their first language, but I'm pretty sure it's not enough to warrant Spanish being turned into a mandatory subject in school. But Spanish-speaking areas are a whole another matter, of course; schools in those areas should encourage their students to learn even the basics.

>American children be forced to learn English.

shouldn't they be forced to learn english?

Same. Who /french/ here? We only had the choices of Spainish and French here in Texas.

Yes.

I think they should be forced to learn SOME language, by choice though. Forcing a shit language is stupid

No kys

Maybe you'd rather learn Russian?

You never know which language that's useful until you try to get a job.

>He thinks they mean Castilian Spanish and not mongrel Spansih

Came take back puerto rico already, faggot.

This is very true. East germans who were forced to learn russians mostly complained about it and no one really can speak it though

>Maybe you'd rather learn Russian?
Not really. But I hear people in Eastern Finland would.
>You never know which language that's useful until you try to get a job.
That's the thing. Sweden's our neighbor, so companies do cooperate with Swedish companies, so knowing the language may very well give you more job opportunities. However, Swedish is still not used in many occupations and parts in Finland.
There's honestly no reason for it to be mandatory. I mean, even the Sami language has a "recognized" status, but we don't study it in school unless we really want to.

I think that immigrants should generally speaking conform to the social norms of the country they're moving to (within reason, of course; women moving to Saudi Arabia shouldn't be forced to endure human rights violations).

HOWEVER.

I don't think this applies to America, as this country is founded on a violation of the above rule, and it's hypocritical for us to now expect immigrants to behave differently. If Spanish becomes the language of the majority in America, I have no problems with that.

I do not know enough about the history of other "colonial countries" to say whether or not this applies to them as well.

Yes

What a stupid article. Nobody forces them to actually learn Spanish. Part of most high schools' requirements is that students take at least a couple classes of a foreign language. It just so happens that Spanish is often the only language the school can offer, though American Sign Language seems to be becoming more common.

Children are most efficient at studying, meaning they're useless at anything else. Instead of letting them waste their time until they're able to work, we should make them study. Languages are good to be studied, especially popular ones or those spoken in first world countries, they offer the kid an opportunity to communicate with more people, have access to books, music, folklore etc. Knowing any language is better than not knowing it.

Everywhere should learn English at gunpoint.

Absolutely not.

Used to fuck a brazilian girl who moved to california as a kid.

Even she was mad as fuck when they were pushing that spanish crap because she and her parents had to work hard to learn the language as fast and good as possible.

That shit was like 10 years ago

agreed.

i spent like 5 hours a week for four years learning french. i know next to nothing.