Jason Goes to Hell is the best Friday the 13th film

Jason Goes to Hell is the best Friday the 13th film

>best kills
>most original of the series
>first time there was a strong supporting cast in a Friday film
>subvert's audiences expectations, making it memorable
>third best Jason design (behind Part 7 and Part 8)
>most memorable ending
>characters actually have motivation in a Friday film for once
>film draws influences from westerns, and 80s cult horror schlock
>second best soundtrack (behind Part VI)
what are your thoughts on this kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7K_wkQSM8xM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My thoughts are that your are a homosexual.

Nah. The best ones are unironically Jason X and Freddy vs. Jason (which is also the best Freddy movie after the first one).
The thing that makes them great is that they're complete shit, and don't even pretend to be good. They're just stupid fun movies. You can even enjoy them sober.

The movie's fucking terrible. Ignoring years of continuity and creating some bullshit new mythology that feels completely out of place in the series doesn't make it subversive.

I'll agree with you op. I unironically love this movie and anyone who disagrees is completely missing the point.

youtube.com/watch?v=7K_wkQSM8xM

Someone told me Jason wasn't even in this one really.

>muh continuity

Jason, as we know him (hockey mask, machete) only shows up in the beginning and end of the film and it introduces the idea of Jason being an evil force that can take over the bodies of other people that come in contact with him

Jason IS in the whole movie; but a significant part of it is him jumping from body to body in an attempt to kill the only person that can kill him, a relative of his or some shit

You forgot
>Stephen Freeman, the biggest badass in the whole series
Seriously fuck that pussy Tommy Jarvis, Stephen is based

this guy walks into your local diner and slaps your gf's ass. wat do?

You know what really annoys me in this movie?
That girl who only takes 2 seconds to take a leak.

Give him a big ol' hug, obviously.

When a slasher movie opens with the feds taking down the killer, you know it's gonna be good.

I think of a little girl. Putting a hotdog through a dougnut.

Definitely had the best sex scene, if you got the unrated version. I saw bush! (before the internet this was a big deal)

Encourage my gf to have a taste of the Duke.

As a movie, Jason Goes to Hell is great. As a "The Final Friday," it sucks.

For it to be the "last" film in the series, it was really a disappointment that it threw everything people loved about the series out the window. Hell, hockey-masked Jason only makes a brief appearance in the movie. For the vast majority of it, he's just possessing people (which is something they just added in for this movie). Oh, and now there's a magical dagger, and he suddenly has a niece who is the key to his return (which is really similar to Final Nightmare). Again, I wouldn't mind them trying some new shit for a reboot, but it's such a terrible ending for a series. It's just the wrong time to be experimenting with the series when you're ending the series.

That said, the movie has some of the best sex and violence in the series, and that ending is fucking awesome. I still liked it, and used to rent it all the time as a kid, but you have to accept that it has its faults.

>a relative of his can only kill him
This is taken from Halloween because Michael can only be killed by Laurie,but Ressurection fucked it up with the whole switcheroo thing.

it sucks
the kills are only good in the unrated version and it's totally ruined when it's either some doctor in scrubs or just some random guy not intimidating at all also
>magic sword
really dumb

This one was the worst. Best one was the "remake" from 2009.

Best fuck no. But it's REALLY underrated by the same plebs who discount Halloween III and the Rob Zombie remake.

Put the nog in his grave.

It's kinda sad that they started setting up Freddy vs Jason vs Ash in this movie but it never happened.
You have Jason, Freddy's ending scene and Evil Dead's Necronomicon but it never went beyond Freddy vs Jason.

literally the worst friday the 13th film after 5 and 2009

Unreal b8 wow