The fictional Sup Forums body

Simplified depictions of humans or human-like entities seem to hold a particular charm for the human eye (or at least us here on Sup Forums) whether we find it attractive or visually pleasing. Perhaps it's because these art styles remove all the visual noise found in the highly detailed realistic anatomy of an actual human face/body and focus solely on the key landmark traits our brains are keyed to hone in on. But, if this were true then why do noodle art styles like Adventure Time hold their own charm? Perhaps it allows us to fill in the gaps of what is shown and what isn't allowing us to subconsciously project our own ideals onto a template.

And beyond simplified depictions, why do character designs that defy the conventional norm (aliens, animal people, fantasy races) hold so much appeal to people?

That said, what are some of your favorite unique character designs and art styles whose aesthetic challenge the conventions of normality & realism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/btUx3gb0-FE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i disagree with this simplistic view that all cartoons are just simplified depictions of humans. they're all completely different, alien from each other, and most of them are grotesquely ugly to me, while others are so great I feel more connected to them than with real people

Only weird social misfits would find fictional characters sexy appealing.

And those feelings will wither and die once they get with a woman who actually exists

I could have sworn there was a thread of this earlier.
What happened?

Fun happened.

Janitors can smell fun a mile away.

Less detail means less flaws.

>Only weird social misfits
youtu.be/btUx3gb0-FE

>all this autism to avoid the mods
>all this autism for lewds

And where are said lewds?

A lot of designs only have appeal after you see them in motion. Voices also factor.

I lost track of Wander partway through the first season then started seeing all these Dominator threads and thought she looked kind of generic. I didn't fall on the bandwagon until I got back into the show.

>getting a girlfriend will magically make someone normal

you know how I know you don't have a girlfriend?

How?

Even though the art style only works for certain characters in the show.

Cheetara!
C L A S S I C
L
A
S
S
I
C

The Best.

The most fuckable skeletons of 2014.

>Whulma Flintstone yeah yeah.

>And those feelings will wither and die once they get with a woman who actually exists
married
two kids
I still have a waifu

i miss wander over yonder so much fuck you op

>not having raven from teen titans as your first crush
Normie fags

>skeletons
>possess breasts

skeltal majicks

>what are some of your favorite unique character designs and art styles whose aesthetic challenge the conventions of normality & realism?

But the Season 1 designs were shit.

>not liking a superior and expressive artstyle
user...

No it just looks cheap.

Dominator looks like shit

what is that from again?

>looks like shit
I know right...

I mean just look at her, she's hideous. barf! Who would be attracted to this thing...

>off-model
What is your point?

>chooses the most boring designs in the show because of /ss/

>the desingns that were actually expressive
>"boring"
And the /ss/ works with any design

This post, ironically, makes you come off as a weird social misfit.