Heathcliff sits by the fire

Heathcliff sits by the fire.

truly a feline of wealth and taste

This is almost a joke

I love heathcliff threads because they capture early chan humor. Its impossible to explain any of this to normies, thats that makes it so great.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm not enjoying heathcliff threads the right way.

In the western foothills of Vienna Alps, there is a humble lodge by the name of Chateau du Montaine Demure, where the owner, a relative of Otto Vanderbilt, holds a yearly reenactment of Hannibal the Carthagian Warlord crossing the Alps in his 218 AD venture into the Roman Republic. He would bring in endangered african elephants by helicopter to the snow capped lodge and throw them down the side of the alps. We watched at least a hundred elephant roll to their deaths. The 20 or so men, all refugees without a word of civilization in any of them, whom were restraining the elephants... also went down with the beasts, a mess of gore and tusk, the screams of the porters as they, tumbled, just terrible, dreadful. It was during a major military movement between the generals of the carthagian infantry, that the Owner of the Chateau du Montain Demure' demanded a bottle of the dryest scotch he could summon. A toothless indian child ran through the snow and collapsed at Monsieur's feet, his skeleton arms struggling to lift the bottle. Monsieur takes a swig and looks deep into the dark front of an approaching blizzard. He says nothing, then says "Increase the Elephants". We saw at least another 2000 kilos of ivory go over the side of that icy gorge before that blizzard came. We left them all to freeze to death. And now this brings me to the elephant in our room right now. Do you want to be hannibal? Do you want to sac Rome that badly? How many elephants need to die? Here, have a swig of this, it's scotch. Please taste it. It's the dryest I could find. THHHHUPUPUP Seventy percent ownership and all of your wife's eggs for the next 10 years.

>89078819
there should be an existentialist humor subculture, hell, even an existentialist humor Sup Forums board or an entire chan of its own

I wonder if someone could compile a list of only the ones with actual jokes. Would be rather small ratio wise but the sheer amount has to be the equivalent of infinite monkeys

W-what?

Whoa, I gently huffed air out my noise while smiling.
That's the greatest reaction I've got from these.

i don't understand heathcliff

is this supposed to be funny or relaxing or confusing or what?

Think of them like zen koans with the occasional bit of deepest lore.

what does he do after the fire?

it's just hyperbole of what Gaugher saw his IRL cat do most of the time. In OP pic he noticed his cat sitting in front of the fire ad it amused him to picture his cat as wearing a bed robe and sipping wine, so he drew it.

>aurora borealis? In the kitchen?

I don't think Gallagher has a cat.