In your opinion, which was Craig's best work?

In your opinion, which was Craig's best work?

Wander

powerpuff girls
powerpuff girls reached dexter levels of good at times

None, they all sucked. Craig McCracken is a CN talentless hack and a hollywood reject just like Gendy Tartavosky.
The morons took the idea of "let's make it weird and goofy just like CN wants us to" to heart and made it their defining trait.

Foster's Home was about wacky "imaginary frineds", but it all happened inside 1 house and it never explained the world design or did anything artistic with the idea. It had something going on when Mac mentioned that imaginary friends were like pets and familiars you'd see everywhere, on tv, in shops, etc. yet nobody bats an eye at that or nobody tries to do something more with the idea.

PPG could have been great... if the PPG stopped being naive, wetting their pants and thinking they owe anything to the townspeople or the villains. They can be mercilessly mean, but they never get shit done. Oh and Samurai Jack would have been better off as the professor.

Wander Over Yander could have been that fun fantasy space cartoon show everyone wanted. But it ended up that Wander was too annoying and too much of "noo don't kill the big bad" like Aang from The Last Airbender.
So much that the villains dynamic ended up being more interesting. I would have cared more to see Lord Hater climbing up on top of the villains hierachy and struggling to stay up.
He pissed off a lot of people when he said "cartoons should go back to being funny like looney tunes" no fuck you, that's exactly the problem with cartoons since the 40s. What happened to quality animation series which could take themselves seriously? Like most 90s-2005s shows. I'd hate to live in a world where we only have Looney Tunes playing 24/7 or worse Top Cat.

It always feels like there's a better idea underneath all of it, but then Craig comes out with his executive hand and make it a goofy piece of shit like every Dreamworks and Pixar executive sabotaging their own scripts to make it more entertaining for the dumber viewers.

Feel free to rage out like a chimpanzee.

careful might cut someone

The answer is probably PPG but Wander is really close and might have been able to make it if it had anywhere near the amount of time given to it that was given to PPG

PPG>WoY>>>>>>>>>>>>>Annoying made up characters featuring blue Eric Cartman

who hurt you?

Craig McCracken, obviously.

I agree with him about Foster's, though. Show was awful.

ding ding ding

Old PPG has aged gracefully though post-movie it started to really sink a little. The PPG movie has one trope I wish more superhero movies would do, characters learning the consequences of their powers.

Never watched woy

ppg was consistently pretty good for a children's show and retains a legacy to this day

I liked Foster's Home a LOT when I was a kid, largely because of the style and concept it had but the characters got kinda sucky over time.

early ppg>woy
woy>everything else

true cartoon enthusiasts know this to be true
damn shame we couldn't get a third season or at least a movie regarding hater

Low bait man.

well yeah fosters was shit
but thats mostly because bloo was suppossed to be macs ideal friend andd counterpart making him take risks and come out of his shell and instead he was written like a spoiled brat and a big burden

Oh, not the "Foster was bad" meme again.

a meme based on facts

>a meme based on shit taste
FTFY

Fosters. Best artistic style by a mile and had great humor and characters.

PPG>Wander>Fosters

Wander could have potentially been greater than or equal to the Powerpuff girls, but it died too early before it could reach it's true potential imo.

Wander, followed closely by PPG, followed a bit behind by Foster's.

Craig is a national treasure.

This is some shitty bait.

I think I cut my corneas just reading this edgy post

Does anyone look at indie video game animations and feel slight jealousy at that industry compared to animation? Like, I look at the guys who made Super Meat Boy or Undertale and they're fucking rich off of one game. And they'll continue to be rich for years to come because one video game can have a ton of staying power, especially during sales. These people don't NEED to make more video games, but they do it out of passion.

Meanwhile, Craig McCracken has been in the industry for 20+ years, made three cartoons, one of them a pop culture icon that gets referenced still today, even before it's reboot, and CONTINUES to get screwed by studios who don't trust him to make good content or fail to trust that he knows what kids want, and he probably makes just slightly more than a construction worker.

Makes me feel really bad for indie animators trying to make a living and even more for full-time cartoonists that aren't Groening or MacFarlane.

Look at it this way.

He's only had to make 3 cartoons and he's living comfortably with his dream wife.

Toby isn't going to be living off undertale money in 10 years.

Powerpuff, with Wander as a close second

Foster's is the awkward middle child

Never saw Wander, so I'll have to go with PPG since I fucking despise Bloo and his mere existence brings the whole show down.

With out bloo the show has no conflict