If he actually cares about the people of Gotham...

If he actually cares about the people of Gotham, why not just let Superman come in and clean up the city in an afternoon?

Instead he acts like some two bit thug that doesn't want actually effective superheroes muscling in on his territory. Meanwhile innocent people continue to suffer.

Why doesn't your mom come in and clean up my dick in an afternoon?

Gotham is his city and his mission to clean it up, by the book.

His city by who's fucking jurisdiction?

Explain to me how exactly Superman could "clean up the city in an afternoon".

Is he just gonna run around and throw everyone currently committing a crime in jail? That's nice, too bad people are going to continue committing crimes as soon as he leaves.

Meanwhile Bruce Wayne invests millions into improving the city and providing solutions for the poor and disenfranchised so they don't turn to crime in the first place, which you'd know if you actually read comics.

>Gotham is his city and his mission to clean it up, by breaking into private property without a warrant and beating people up. Almost every night.
FTFY

because your dad beats her to it

He can throw Batman's mass murdering boyfriend in the Phantom Zone in three minutes, for starters.

Orion's

That's really nice and all, albeit just a footnote when the bulk of Batman stories is punching people into submission, but by the nature of being a long running comic book, all this charity is meaningless. Almost 80 years of pumping cash to the desinfranchised and Gotham is still as much of a shithole as it always was.

The idea is supposed to be that in beating up criminals he becomes something of an urban legend that prevents crime through the fear of running into him, rather than by the actual instances where he punches criminals until they stop moving.

Kinda doesn't work in the context of an episodic series where there always has to be criminals, because if batman actually managed to clean up the streets it would be mostly over.

The first two nolan movies did a good job with it, at the start of Begins, gotham is a brazil-tier shitstorm of corruption and crime and murder. By the beginning of Dark Knight, everything is cleaner and in better repair and the crime rates are at an all-time low.

Has happened before and guess what, he got out. It's a comic book. No matter what you do with the Joker he will escape.

Apparently, Gotham city is cursed, so cleaning it up probably wouldn't be as easy as one would think.

What book was this in? Sounds interesting.

What's important to understand is that Batman is only suggested to be a Superhero to kids (Re: Brave and the Bold, BTAS, JLA). When the story is written for adults, he's a Vigilante - an anti-hero (Re: all of Nolan's Bat-Flicks, Batfleck, Batman 1989)

What's even your point? Whatever he's classified as or methods he uses still don't change his goal of fighting Gotham City crime.

My point is that a Superhero would welcome help from his super-friends as suggested in the OP whereas a vigilante wouldn't care so much about the collateral damage so long as the ends justify the means, and that his would-be Super-friends are seen as part of the failed establishment that allowed the mess that is Gotham to happen in the first place.

So depending on what Bat-media you're consuming it could make sense that he's a psycho-loner who refuses help from more-capable entities.

So youre liking dark trinity?

I am. You?

This, what book? I want to read this.

Because then people wouldn't be reading about Batman adventures.

It's one of these shared universe problems you have to deal with, don't think too hard about it.

Because doing it his way, is more important for him than the result.