In Ride the Tiger...

>In Ride the Tiger, he prescribed a so-to-speak apolitical asceticism of contemplation in which a man is advised to act in the modern world, while remaining intellectually and spiritually detached from and above it. He had come to hold this view after coming to the conclusion that, in his view, the modern world was so decadent that a return to a "traditional" civilization was impossible. Evola argued that in order to survive in the modern world an enlightened or "differentiated man" should "ride the tiger". As a man, by holding onto the tiger's back, may survive the confrontation once the animal ends exhausted, so too might a man, by letting the world take him on its inexorable path, be able to turn the destructive forces around him into a kind of inner liberation.

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on this and Evola in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

returnofkings.com/7692/enjoy-the-american-decline
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have a bump.

Is this like Aaron Clarey's Enjoy the Decline?

>Whether you’d like to admit it or not, the United States is in terminal decline. Making it even worse, is its inevitable demise will not be at the hands of a stronger foreign force, but rather at the hands of its own unfathomably ignorant citizens brainwashed and duped by its own unfathomably evil citizens. It is an internal cancer that is eating away at our beloved nation and despite our best efforts it is spreading.

>As for the solution, Clarey suggests a life of minimalism where you keep your income and tax rate low to avoid the fruits of your labor going to feed parasites. He advises on how to pillage the treasury to get government benefits that others are taking advantage of and how to execute his “Smith and Wesson retirement plan” for when it’s time to make your final exit. He also gives some tips on how to survive (or not survive) a SHTF scenario. He ultimately believes that the key to a nationwide problem lies with the individual and his choices. It’s better to safely spectate the decline instead of becoming victimized by it.

>Do you have any idea how marketable you are if you are over 30 and: (1) Don’t have kids, (2) Never been married, (3) Never been to jail, (4) Don’t live at home, and (5) Have a job.

returnofkings.com/7692/enjoy-the-american-decline

What if you tire out and die before the tiger?

>Aaron Clarey

our secret commander.

Read Nietzsche, Kierkagaard, or Heidegger instead.

I like that book, what does pol think of Society of the Spectacle? I always see it getting memed on but thought it has a valid point overall

I have been slowly reading a bunch of Evolas books.

They aren't that easy to read.

Very interesting author, perhaps one of the greatest philosophers the world ignores.

That and Nietzsche are all you need.

Evola is way to muck ((blackpill)))) for me fäm

>advised to act in the modern world, while remaining intellectually and spiritually detached from and above it.
That's not possible.

If you're in this world, you're a part of it. Even if you were somehow able to detach yourself from it, observing it as a separate observer would still make you a part of it.

Moreover there's a bit of a folly in saying that there's a higher self than your current self, which implies a lower self. This just causes a never ending race to get to your higher self by running from your lower self, which will just cause anxiety.

>at the hands of its own unfathomably ignorant citizens brainwashed and duped by its own unfathomably ((evil citizens)).
How is a man like me supposed to be happy in a world like this. Where all modern philosophy is either a rejection of natural law and reality itself. Or like this, a dark vision of an inescapable future

dude how edgy is your edge?

He doesn't base his of views on any logic or science or anything at all, he bases it all on romanticization of old folk tales. He says: >"Look, we both agree that even though things weren't perfect back then they were still better than things are right now. So why don't we agree to go along with all these progressive developments in our society while still roleplaying that we hold the same values as the great people from the old tales, even though their values and views were only relevant in that time period."

Julius Evola is kind of like Hitler. They're both the Muslim Brotherhood of athiests. They want to live an authentic 7th century lifestyle in the modern world.

>(4) Don’t live at home
I don't get this one.
The place I live in is called my home, so what does he mean "don't live at home"?

See based Buddhism (the Theravada and Fight Club kind) for a philosophy and way of life that goes way beyond thinking about this and doing it instead. 969.

Not with your parents, ya poofter

Then he should just say that, otherwise it just causes needless confusion.

What a stupid sentence.

Yeah. it is a bit hamfisted

Hitler was still too left-wing for Evola, he was product of modernitity.

Still, he doesn't take into account family homes which have been passed through generations, or hones bought by the combined effort of all family members.

My situation is the latter. It's so much more efficient and cost effective.

*homes

>What are Sup Forums's thoughts on this and Evola in general?

fag shit from a closet homo

I think most women would automatically assume that a man lives with his parents due to some weakness.
This could be due to the fact that the media has been displaying guys that live with their families as basement dwellers

If you dont lift or do some physical activity, you will never get evola, the world is the way it is and to change, first we need to change ourselves,
Adapt or complaint.

from what i can gleam and based on personal principles the act of "riding the tiger" is one of zero effort, relying on neutral observance of the world around you, it's self preservation by removing yourself from the global situation and waiting for the shitstorm to blow over, the trick is to not isolate yourself and still go about your personal business, if you're neurotic this can be an overwhelming challenge

Pretty much. Nobody would bat an eye when females say they live with their parents, because deep inside we all know and accept to some degree that females can go out and date and mess around with males because males are expected to have their own place.

But when males don't have their own place everyone thinks of them as failures.

I've had mixed results with females. Some good, some bad. I've just realised that people collectively suck. It's just better for me to focus on getting a steady stream of revenue so I can support me and my family.

I'm sure many of you can relate.

Evola BTFO all three in Ride he Tiger.

I'm in my last year of University. I feel like this is my last shot to find a woman who will be respectable in any way.
If I fail now I think I'll just make as much money as I can and buy a sailboat to get me the hell off this rock.
At this point the West is running out of reasons to save itself

What point did Society of the Spectacle have, honestly? It's a collection of weird Marxist premises that barely make sense unless you've spent years steeped in their proprietary moonspeak.

Something something capital produces inauthentic experiences instead of goods.

Every civilisation falls, user. Egyptian, Sumarian, Indus Valley, Chinese, Roman, and now Western. This is what people do in general.
We build, destroy and restart, like children with blocks.

About your situation, don't stress about it and don't give yourself such unreasonable options. College girls are always horrible for loyalty, stability and long term relationships.

Just do your best to be the best you can be. If a woman wants to be with you when you're struggling, then she's worth a shot.

This is a man's shit test, the only one we need, and the only one that works.

He's talking about finding inspiration you fucking mong

>Every civilisation falls
It didn't have to

>defending the all time failure champion

I'll be long dead before such civilisation turns up.

>Defending (((the victors)))

That was our last shot to have a west unified by common heritage and culture. We're now on a downward spiral of self destruction.

Reading Clarey's 'Curse of the High IQ' currently. He has some interesting points.

I just turned thirty and 4 out of those 5 things applied to me. The only thing is I went to jail once (Dude weed LMAO)

>Clarey suggests a life of minimalism where you keep your income and tax rate low to avoid the fruits of your labor going to feed parasites

Personally I think the contrary, one should aim the highest possible then at the top join capital with like minded peoples, Soros can only manipulate due to his money, so we should counter it by promoting freedom even if its in another land.

Giving into the minimalism is accepting you've already lost thus there is nothing to fight for, that sounds a lot like (((propaganda))) to me.

No thanks, I'll fight to my last breath.

Evola was anti-science and hilariously wrong on nuclear physics