My exactly thoughts after being away from comics for a while

My exactly thoughts after being away from comics for a while

Is that Dick?

Remember, Rich is old Marvel and he's stuck in nuMarvel.

Also, with Vision done, is this the new "best comic Marvel is making but will be cancelled within a year or two"?

I'd think that would go to Karnak but that comic ceased to exist.

god paki girk has a fucking hook nose. I feel like im supposed to empathise with the kids but nova is right. Where the fuck are the actual super heros?

A mix of dead, turned Evil and outside the universe.

>Also, with Vision done, is this the new "best comic Marvel is making but will be cancelled within a year or two"?
No, that'd be Foolkiller, but of course Foolkiller will probably be cancelled within a month or two. Nova will probably last a year before being cancelled.

>Miles x Kamala: OTP

>Miles x Kamala: OTP
I've got bad news, user:

Where the FUCK have you BEEN?

Yes, that is a giant dick alien on the left.

>he thinks this will last

Kamala was always better than Carol tho.

>tfw too scared to even pick up a book after 4 years since I won't know anyone

What the fuck. I just wanted to read some comics. Last I checked Bruce was dead and there was another Civil War.

Just take it as it goes.
And if the book doesnt make sense on its own you are reading the wrong stuff.

Was Gordon as Bats any good? He looks retarded.

Have you considered not limiting yourself to only DC and Marvel?

There's a whole world of comics out there where everything is self-contained and it doesn't matter where you've been for the past 4 years.

That sounds like effort

Scared of a comic book? What's gonna happen is some superhero gonna show up in a slightly different costume and give you a panic attack? Jesus Christ these things have recap pages and are written for children

If his problem is that he doesn't want to read comics with characters that he doesn't recognize, then the only non-Big 2 publisher he could really get into is IDW because most of their stuff is licensed.

I like to think Miles was super annoyed when he had to say Peter wasnt dead

>this actually is me.jpg
I've been at Sup Forums too long...though that's not really an excuse to leave

I can not for the life of me find the appeal of asain hulk. Design wise his Fucking cowlick pisses me off, and without the torn clothes he loses Hulk monster look.

Personality, makes me wish he got punched in the face. I guess being a genius makes sense, but fuck the "all I do is play video games and eat junk food all day but I'm smarter than Tony Stark."

>I'm smarter than Tony Stark
But he isn't. Cho is the 8th smartest. Stark was around the 4th smartest.

That's good I feel like Stark is just a measuring stick for intelligence for Marvel 616.

Is there somewhere an official list of the smartest people on marvel universe?

I know Moon Girl is #1, and Amadeus is #8, but what about the rest?

Most of IDW's Hasbro stuff is, like, 80% OCs.

I'm looking forward to the Adventures of Dick and Sam t b q h

the colorist is doing a bang up job on this book

Man, Nova gets getting into shit.

After coming from saving the galaxy during Annihilation, he came back to post-Civil War Earth and to have people upset about super humans meddling in the affairs of common humans.

So how did Dick Rider survive a universe collapsing on him?

Bendis "lol didnt happen" powers.
But it seems he has brought some bad shit with him back.

I'd be really curious if Marvel publishing all these books with kids as the protags is gonna actually lead to an uptick in kids reading comics

But there's probably no reliable way to know since digital sales numbers are protected like a swarm of angry bees guarding their hive

The listing was never official. Everything was arguable, except for Reeds being #1 and Cho.

Reeds isn't around, so we'll ignore him. Pym is a robit so he's disqualified. Banner is dead. I think Cho would actually be #7 now, since we lost 3 above him and gained 2 (MG and Riri)

Moon Girl
Doom (always the bridesmaid)
Riri Williams (since she's supposedly smarter than Stark)
Tony Stark (currently having a nap)
Hank McCoy
T'Challa
Rock me Amadeus

Then you have Nadia Pym and her gaggle of geese, but I we don't know where they stand. They might be above Cho, might be below.

He's not a bad stick. He was behind the science wizards but above everyone else, at least til recently.

Given the amount of competition comics have today, I'd be surprised if new young readers is outpacing young readers getting older.

If you can't even name any non big2 comics worth reading, then what does that say about those comics?

Sorry user, Kamala's not white enough for Miles

Kamala's worse than OldCarol, but obviously better than NuCarol

Carol was never good

>Moon Girl
>Riri Williams
Do black women in Marvel get +3 INT?

>Is there somewhere an official list of the smartest people on marvel universe?
The issue is that it changes as people die or new characters are introduced. As a result, the current one is in flux because of how many of the previous "world's smartest" are dead/out-of-universe/ and how many new characters that rank among them there are.

The last official listing was during World War Hulks where the Intellengcia were kidnapping the 8 smartest people in the world to steal their intellects as part of some really convoluted plan. This was in the late 00s, but the list was:
>Reed Richards
>Victor von Doom
>Bruce Banner
>Tony Stark
>Hank Pym
>T'Challa
>Hank McCoy
>Amadeus Cho
This is not taking into account artificially enhanced intellects like the Leader and MODOK.

Now, with Reed out-of-universe (presumed dead in-universe), Bruce dead, Tony in a coma (effectively dead), and Pym fused with Ultron (presumed dead in-universe), that takes out a good chunk of Cho's "competition" yet his rank hasn't really changed. It just fluctuates between 7th smartest and 9th smartest.

So of the original list, there's still:
>Doom
>T'Challa
>McCoy
>Cho
Then you add in Moon-Girl ontop which is confirmed. Adam Brashear is an obvious lock since he's easily as or more intelligent than the likes of T'Challa, McCoy and Cho. Nadia Pym might replace Hank and Riri might replace Tony, but while both are super-geniuses, neither have been stated to be on the same level of intellect as their predecessors yet so I'm hesitant to include them. The Maker would presumably replace Reed, but I'm not sure if he counts since he's not a 616 native and most people in-universe don't know he exists.

Other than them, Doctor Positron and Adam's daughter whose name I forget might rate, as well as Toni Ho, but it's never been explicitly stated one way or the other.

So all that taken into account, the current list probably looks something like:
>Lunella Lafayette
>Victor von Doom
>Adam Brashear
>T'Challa
>Hank McCoy
>???
>???
>Amadeus Cho
With the two ???s being some combination of Max Brashear, Adrienne Brashear, Toni Ho, Riri Williams, or Nadia Pym. Then if you count The Maker, he'd be ontop and everyone else would drop down by one rank.

Riri was stated to be as smart as Stark, so she's one of the ???s. Does O5 Hank count? Because if so, O5 Hank would be the other ???s which puts us at:

>Lunella Lafayette
>Victor von Doom
>Adam Brashear
>T'Challa
>Hank McCoy
>a younger, less blue Hank McCoy
>Riri Williams
>Amadeus Cho
If Teen Hank doesn't count then it's probably Nadia.

>Riri Williams (since she's supposedly smarter than Stark)
I hate you, Bendis.

I totally forgot about Blue Marvel. Whoops

HOW is Moon Girl the smartest? Has anyone explained that? She's like ten fucking years old. She doesn't have the sheer time on this Earth than to be smarter than people who are six or seven times older than her. Is that her mutation? Does she just have magic brain facts? Is her mutation just literally affirmative action?

How has everyone in this thread forgotten the Maker?

>Is that her mutation?
Oh, you were so close
It's her Inhuman power - which technically could disclude her from the list because the list is supposed to be humans who have not modified themselves for intelligence.

See above. The Maker actively went about messing with himself to increase his own intelligence. Normal Reeds didn't, it was just his natural smarts and his cosmic radiation boost.

He doesn't count, neither does the High Evolutionary.

Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner – all these white men weren't just the smartest for no reason. They were the smartest because they studied and worked a lot to become as smart as they are. Their smarts are a result of hard work and self-improvement that the readers could admire and try to emulate.

Moon Girl and Riri, two black girls added to the list for "diversity", on the other hand, are the smartest for no reason, just because.

That say more about the current "diversity" wave of Marvel and its target audience than anything else.