December comic sales

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/01/12/marvels-overship-helped-dominate-december-2016-marketshare-comics-sales-rose-1-across-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Batman comics

>Hulk in the Top 10
Nice! Didn't expect that one considering Shulk isn't usually a very high seller. It'll probably plummet after the boost from #1 and variants isn't there anymore, but it at least has me hopeful that it'll have some legs. That was a good first issue.

Also CWII #8 coming in at number 6 instead of taking the top spot is all kinds of satisfying.

>the Big Three

Link to the sauce or the bitching will be double, OP.

Not bad, no sir.

>$5.99

How many of those sales are inflated?

bleedingcool.com/2017/01/12/marvels-overship-helped-dominate-december-2016-marketshare-comics-sales-rose-1-across-2016/

>No Nova #1

It's gonna get no more than 12 issues, isn't it?

What does overship mean?

>mfw x-fags are finally learning to no buy shit

What Marvel's doing right now, sending more books to stores than they ordered

>Love Is Love
Nice.

According to BleedingCuck's weekly Shill Report, Nova is selling like hot garbage and issue #1s were selling even lower than the last issue of Sam's ongoing did, which was already below cancellation numbers.

Oh yeah, the free comics that count as sold. Bravo Marvel.

>Sam is constant suffering
So what else is new

Mugga, not being in the top 10 doesn't mean the world is ending,

I might not remember clearly, but didn't Annihilation do bad back when it originally happened?

Besides, if you want the book to succeed, stop complaining and buy it, m8.

Also, it seems so far that things aren't looking so bad now with (she) Hulk, which is cool.

It's a word used to comfort dick cock comics fans because Marvel dominated yet another month and have a lot of upcoming comics with good creatiblve team that people are interested in while dick cock just canceled a mini halfway through. Everyone liked to make fun if Marvel for canceling titles at 5 but they never canceled something at 3.

>Marvel pays me by the word let's see how long I can make this post

Can you repeat that, but with less cuck, jabroni

>creatiblve
Typos get him an extra.

So what's the difference between Unit and Retail?

Lol that Rich the leach headline is misleading

Overshiping only helps with unit marketshare not retail

>That marvel Retail:Ship gap

I wonder if it will increase

I'm a DCfag and I liked Hulk. If only Marvel could go back to making good comics like that more consistently. Shame she's not a hot babe anymore, but oh well, we can take what we can from [current Marvel]

>#1 Harley Quinn by Bruce Timm
Toyfags know their shit.

What's Dynamite doing to cause such a large unit/dollar discrepancy?

>no Nova

>DC lose again

>they deleted my post, but I keep fighting!

>Not hot babe
>Implying you wouldn't like to go Snu-Snu with her.

Nigga, pls.

Also, it's not really that Marvel doesn't have good books now, because they do (Gwenpool, Strange and the SS, Deadpool/Spidey, Spidey: RNV, Nova), it's just that most of them aren't that pushed thanks to LOLBendis, Breevort, Ike The Kike, Alonso and Quesadilla dominating Marvel comics, and some bad writers really trying to force SJW bullshit in their books (which ironically most of the times end with those books getting cancelled/canned/dead in some few numbers)

>That massive dollar/unit gap from Marvel.
LMAO All those free comics being mailed out.

>Didney Wars doing that well
This physically hurts me.

Don't worry, I'm definitely buying it. I also shilled it a bunch on other sites, and it seems a lot of people really liked that one page where Richard complains about the current Marvel universe, so here's hoping it's able to keep up that quality.

It was the last issue.

>12
Try 6.

>I also shilled it
We know...

Marvel always wins

>Implying people didn't do the same shit with the Flinstones, New Supes and Super Sons.

Besides, if you like a book, not matter what, you obviously would want that book to succeed, it's not even shilling, it's how to make good things survive, m8.

Plus, if you're trying to make this a company wars thread, it won't work, there's people that like both Marvel and DC comics that can also acknowledge their flaws.

>good books
>Gwenpool

What did you expect, it's a much bigger franchise among normies than capes will ever be

Fuck off, shill. DC doesn't need to shill because their comics are actually good.

>overshipping = super-soldier serum
Good comparison.

Still ashamed of liking capes, user?

No, I just hate shilling in general. Nova shilling is second worst after Super Sons shilling.

It's okay to just say you haven't read it and want to know if it's actually good.
No need for hostility.

all star is Batman #10. hahahahahahahahahahaha

?

I mean, nine of those are good but I can see why you singled out the waifubait.

Yeah, sure, that's why The Flinstones weren't near cancellation numbers before even CBR saved it thanks to actual praises, just like Omega Men, right?

Accept it, user, good comic books always have to suffer from numbers thanks to people always prefering popular books like Batman, events and Spider-Man (usually) over books that were really good, and why comics will always be in risk of death.

Only when you acknowledge that, it's when you understand what must be done to actually save comic books as a whole.

He loves to post laughter.

>Marvel on top again

Let's wait for the meltdowns

This. The cat's outta the bag. Everyone knows that these figures are rigged and if it weren't for overshipping """""""""""""free"""""""""""" comics then they'd have gotten destroyed by DC

Unit=number of books
Retail=amount of money

I tried to read it but the art is atrocious. God fucking damnit, hire some good artist!

Still ahead in the dollar share, which isn't effected by that.

all star Batman IS #10. Scott Snyder sucks.

The only good thing about Gwenpool is the art. Incidentally, the same could be said about Whor

So does this mean Scott Snyder is over ?

25cent issue 0's

They have good artists, but they're wasted on crap like Whor and Gwenpool

Well five of them are Marvel

So five.

Still butthurt about muh pre-New52 Batman?

>Marlel overships to artificially inflate sales numbers
>R U MAD YET DCFAGS I DRINK UR TEARS

Dick Cock Comics don't even have good art.

because their books cost more

good writing can save mediocre/bad art

good art cannot save bad writing

Retail numbers say otherwise.

The dollar share does appear to have taken roughly a 2% drop compared to last time though, which in a market this small is probably not insignificant.

Which probably explains all the over-shipped and """"free"""" comics since even if they're still ahead Marvel's probably noticed this decline too.

>Dick Clark
Fixed.

Then put them in good books!

NO i just hate Scott Snyder :D

My condolences. Have you tried not reading comics you hate?

>So does this mean Scott Snyder is over ?
Duke is his Dead.

user don't reply to Damifag

so how long before floppies go the way of the dinosaur?

>Civil War #8 beat out by Batman #12/#13
kek

Well, looks like retailers are going to be getting free copies of Marvel books for a long time. They might as well order one or two copies of books since Marvel will just deliver 20 more for free.

So HE was the one behind all the anti-Snyder threads? Oh shit. Thanks user.

they don't even have to order any copies, Marvel will just send them

hahahahahahaha NO

no, Snyder's still a hack, but Damifag has a particular style of posting that should be obvious

Or when any Robin related thread goes off the rails.

>Scott Snyder pls you are over

Sure he is, Damifag.

it's either him or Morrison fans mad that Snyder is the modern O'Neil instead of their bald meme writer

Samfage You speak to yourself

Been that way for a long time. I think this decade we might see DC Comics scale back their operation to focus on core properties - especially if WB can't get the DCEU to pick up, because then DCC serves very little purpose if it's not making money for itself, and any part of WB can own the merch rights (DCC almost certainly doesn't directly control them any more).

Don't know the numbers yet - could be good, could be bad, probably a mixed bag.

On the one hand you've got Batman at #4 and #5, which is... OK? It's been basically the market leader with solid 100k to 130k sales for the past five years since New52. But you've also got DKIII, which is Variant City (I think #1 had 100 variants or some shit) and will always sell high based on that - it's a limited series by a name author, so it's doing better than most anyway. How much of that is translating to actual customers... better not to ask.

Then above that you've got a #1 for DC and a #1 for Marvel; the event book #1s always do well, but IvX may or may not stand up. All we really know is that it's almost certainly sold more than 100k copies (and this one title has made as much for Marvel this month as both Batman shippings, so they're happy).

JLvSS might be up there for the same reasons. Actually, both titles could be up there because of some loot crate shit, which is often a reason titles beat the Batman solo, but I guess it's because they're both event titles.

Looking at the rest of that top 10, I don't think Marvel's going to be too upset unless everything after the #5 spot is selling well under 100k - and even then it doesn't seem like a bad month on average. CWII's problem is that it's a rehash sequel. Those never do particularly well.

Image are probably pissed they can't keep Walking Dead up there, though.

Nice try, undercover damifag.

Many anons don't like Snyder's Batman for various reasons, but for Damifag in particular it's "Snyder said he feels very uncomfortable writing Damian so he refuses to do it."

I'm not to blame that the book does not sell.

I highly dislike Snyder's run on Batman as it has been mediocre at best, and the best was the court of the owls arc.

- I honestly can't wait until Snyder is off of this book.

thats nice, where is the adults section tho

Frankly it's pretty bad now.

Snyder has been tasked with a task that is far beyond his skill in my opinion.
Court Owls saga - great story

Death of the family - vomit city

End Game - Laughable garbage

Good point.
Shit, we may not need ScanBro anymore for Marvel books. We just have to register as an LCS and we'll get Marvel books the very next Monday.