If people raise 10 billion dollars a year for cancer research (fundraisers, marathons, donations...

If people raise 10 billion dollars a year for cancer research (fundraisers, marathons, donations, susan komen etc) why is their still no cure?

You know why. You canĀ“t make money with healthy people.

Because there's only one real type of cancer - white people

Found the shitskin/muslim.

The same reason why HIV isn't being cured. Population control.

Because cancer is a category and not an actual disease. There are fucktons of different types of cancer, and since it's autoimmune the only real way to deal with it is through current methods or genetic editing/Nano bots.

>tfw the image made me think this was another fucking member berries post

Well when you've cured cancer then you can tell us how easy it was

Pretty much this

We have a decent cure for Chronic myelogenous leukemia, and some other types of cancer. It's gonna take a while to find out the exact molecular alterations for the rest of cancers.

Cancer is natural

Everyone has had cancer at some point in time, however our body has natural defenses against it. So in small amounts doesn't do shit, but when you drink a ton of sugar which sends cancer into overdrive makes it much more difficult for the body to combat it.

Cancer itself is just that the cell is deformed and ended up not working appropriately so the only cure for cancer is basically genetic immortality/pancea

People (specifically huge wealthy companies) raise far more money for AI research

Why are we merely at its infancy then?

Checkmate atheists

Cancer isn't a "curable" disease. It's just our own bodies fucking up after a while. Sometimes is happens early in life, and then we treat it, and it goes into remission. But it's never cured. And if you don't die of some accident or shit early in life, you WILL have some form of cancer when you finally pass of "old age".

Because you can't vaccine DNA error accumulation. You can only kill cells that have the fucked DNA so that they don't rapidly multiply

9.5 billion of that goes directly into a kike's pocket for "administrative costs."

Because 9 billion dollars a year go to someone's bank, and 1 billion goes to actual research.

Do you know how much money is in cancer treatment? They have no desire to stop the gravy train. Need a pill to stop your restless leg syndrome? They make it. Meanwhile with cancer and AIDS, the idea is to prolong your life to suck all the $ out of you as possible.

Susan G. Komen doesn't do cancer research. They literally state that their only purpose is generating awareness (using the money on coke and hookers).

If you took a class on all the shit that happens at a microscopic level in your cells, and then too another about how we can even look at the insides of a cell with killing it first, you'd know why buddy

There is a cure, but it's not for you stupid goy.

Because it isn't a disease.

Its a natural result of mutation.

We need mutation to develop as a species but mutation inevitably leads to cancer.

We're talking about the cock roach of diseases, here. Stamp one, ten more spring up.

Because all they do is drug research. Cancer is the lack of immune system action. Not a illness by itself.

Now that you know the truth... where is my money?

cause we raise 40 billion a year for dindus in africa so that they can keep living in a barren desert and refusing to attempt any agricultural practices of their own.

Well one, the research hasn't found a cure yet or two there's just no real cure outside of chemo.

Cancer isn't like the flu as far as I know that changes yearly. Cancer is just broken cells. There might not be a cure.

Because you can't cute all cancers with one method. They all behave differently. Also, a good bit are self inflicted, like excess alcohol or tobacco

Because cancer without cure brings more money, sick patient pays for treatment, cured not.

I bet my left but that there is already a cure against cancer, aids malaria etc.
But it's not lucrative for the pharma industry which makes billions and billions every year with the "treatments" for those diseases

I always try to redpill normies on this whenever I can if I get asked to "make a contribution" to cancer research by doing some fucking walking for a couple miles or buying a pink t-shirt for breast cancer.

I'm not a cynical by any means nor am I an edgelord but it really disturbs me how simple-minded some people are, when they believe a myriad of complex and often unrelated diseases can be solved by one cure, or that if you put enough money into research, eventually someone will fix it. It must be an American thing because when I was in Copenhagen they had a totally different attitude about it, people knew that the government subsidized medical research and people knew that no matter how many donations you personally make, only about

The real reason is that cancer is almost always totally random. It happens when there is a break down (or mutation) in the cell growth replication process, the result of which is almost never the same set of sequences even if you have 2 cancers that affect the same area they still might develop differently.
There is no such disease as "cancer" it's just a term to describe unabated cell replication in a particular area of the body.
With the thousands of different sequences with individual sites it makes it very difficult to target exactly the right cells.

Chemo works because it destroys all fast replicating cells (such as your hair follicles and stomach lining) and because cancer cells replicate fast too it destroys them in the crossfire.

Hope this helps.

nice explanation user. these retards don't understand shit

AIDS has been pretty much cured already with working HIV medicine that basically lets you live perfectly normal life.

>but it really disturbs me how simple-minded some people are, when they believe a myriad of complex and often unrelated diseases can be solved by one cure
I don't think most people know how it works at all. They only see what they are showed and most don't do a great amount of research into it so they only see the gist of 'cancer bad' but not how complex a problem it is or how it is caused in the first place.

leafs are never as smart as they think they are

Yeah but it's not really CURED because you still rely on medicine to keep the syndromes low
>AIDS has been pretty much cured already with working HIV medicine

Well that's my point you still have to BUY that medicine which means immense profit for the pharma industry

There is a cure, it's gene therapy and it's personalized medicine lay people will never be able to afford.

Cancer isn't a monolith, even among the same types of cancer the actual genes that go bad can vary wildly, which means that there isn't really a single solid attack route against cancer, only attack routes that can be created for each individual's current form of cancer.

People seem to think of cancer as something kind to a bacterial infection where you can just kill the bacteria. That isn't the case at all, the cancer IS you, just a part of you that has had some cell process disrupted and some DNA damaged.

>cure cancer
>humanity is now a genetic dead end
>become an anti-spiral
>get fucked by anime bois with drills

This.

Admin fees are the cancer killing any corporate entity that shoves its snout in the Government Grant trough and Big Pharma is one hungry, hungry hippo. Ref:The various lucrative, yet oddly unproductive, "Green" Energy money pits.

Holy fuckin shit, Sup Forums is retarded

why would you cure cancer? its gods way of removing degenerates

Because cancer is unbelievably complex.

This. We need to get rid of Argentina NOW.

A cure for cancer is like a cure for "virus". You can argue that cancers with 99% 5 year survival rates are cured

>the only way to cure these illnesses is with [technology that can be developed]
Really makes me think. You guys also enlightened premed students like myself? These fucking plebs wouldn't understand lol

Cancer is a very hard disease to cure for reason unlike any other disease know to man.

t. Research chemist working on HSP's to counteract proto-oncogene expression

Is that why HIV and AIDS is basically a manageable nuisance given the right (expensive) medication?