Green Lantern reboot officially announced

>EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros and DC are moving aggressively on a new screen version of Green Lantern. They’ve set David Goyer to write the script with Justin Rhodes for Green Lantern Corps, with Goyer producing and with DC heads Geoff Johns and Jon Berg exec producing. The new version is described as Lethal Weapon in space, and it’s based on a comic book origin story. The focus will be on two characters: Hal Jordan, and John Stewart. The latter is African American. It’s unclear whether the studio would reengage with Ryan Reynolds, who starred in the disappointing first film and is soaring with Deadpool and working on its sequel. They will get a script and move quickly to get a director, so this project now has a beating heart.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sKbP-M8vVtw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The latter is African American
Was this sentence really necessary?

>Goyer
Why?

>Goyer

The real question here (assuming this thing actually happens, which is never a given) is what's getting shitcanned to make room for it.

I'm going to go ahead and say Batman solo isn't happening, and they're just going to use Affleck for group shots until his contract is up.

> origin story
> with John

WHY.

>Hal and John
Would have preferred Kyle or Simon to John.
Make it more Veteran and Rookie.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Watch they scrap Shazam. JLD is already dead

>what's getting shitcanned to make room for it
Nothing. Why would something else be canceled? The movie is scheduled for 2020 along with Cyborg, there's no need to cancel anything else.

Yeah it sells.

Because he's got a lot of experience with superhero movies and has been doing this a long, long time now. Sure he's made some shitty ones, but they often still made money.

Would you rather have Goyer and Bay?

I assume so people go "oh, so the black lantern from the tv show?"

>Watch they scrap Shazam
The producer for Shazam, The Rock and Johns had a meeting about Shazam yesterday (I believe) and they all seemed excited afterwards, there's no way it gets scraped.

People are stupid.
More news at 11.

>They’ve set David Goyer to write the script

When will they learn?

So Man of Steel 2 is getting shitcanned? Or what were the others they've penciled in for 2020? Them too I guess.

>the DCEU is still talking about new films

adorable, really.a

>is what's getting shitcanned to make room for it
Definitely Shazam. Maybe Flash

I'd rather have someone I've never heard of because the only names I remember are the horrible ones.

They got Johns as producer.
And producers have final say ... Right?
... WTF does a producer do, again?

WB wont admit failure unless Justice League bombs. So strap in, theyre doubling down

Nothing is getting shitcanned, where the hell has that come from?

It kinda depends on the movie, it can be just a name or it can be someone fairly involved in the development.
Given Johns is now more involved with the movies, including contributing to scripts, he might have a say in the development.

Make sure the thing sells.

What are the chances Mark Strong will return as Sinestro? Considering he was the one good thing about the first film.

>this entire thing is real

Pretty much zero, given it's a complete reboot.

It's a shame, I loved the casting of all the lanterns, especially him.

Obviously Cyborg

What are the chances of J K Simmons reprising his role as JJJ in the MCU?

Yeah, but those are two different companies.

It's just that I find it a shame that his one DC role was wasted in a bad film. He was a great Sinestro, but his chances of being anything else are 0. (he would have been an amazing Luthor, even with the weird angle BvS gave the character, for example).

Goyer's definitely not the weak link in his films. He's pretty Laisse-faire in collaboration. Listen to the Blade commentary.

At this point, I don't care anymore and live action in general can eat a bag of day of old cum

Call me again when there's another GL animated series.

They'll keep making them as long as they continue to make money, quality be damned.

Reminder: if you know who Martian Manhunter is, you are a virgin.

>Goyer

Why the fuck should I be excited?

No, it means you have never seen a boob. I've never seen a boob, but I've had sex.

You shouldn't be.

fuck you guys, this is going to be awesome as fuck

this will get worse reviews than BvS and Suicide Watch, book it

RT score threads will be a blast though

They have to cast a big name actor to carry the movie
this year and next year will be a rough ride for WB

It's only a matter of time before a DC movie ends up in the single digits.

Its going to be a mess because they need to tell an origin story but they also want to hit that diversity quota with John and neither characters origins mesh well together.
Asking Goyer to do the impossible is just making this all the more of a mess

Fuck David Goyer. This movie is already going to suck.

I'm so fucking tired of the same bland Marvel movies twice a year, and even more tired of awful DC movies.
Life as a DC fan is suffering.

>>>r/dc_cinematic

>what's getting shitcanned to make room for it.
What makes you think this?

Anal isn't sex, big guy.

>John Stewart
>not Guy or Kyle
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Ryan Reynolds
Please god no. I want a real actor to play Hal

Keep dreaming disnigger

Marvel is desperate.

There is no way Reynolds will go back to GL.

Good because he was the worst part of that movie.

They can range from being on set every day of the production to doing nothing at all

I'm pretty sure Carol was the worst part of the movie.

Honestly, I don't think he was a bad choice for Hal Jordan, the movie was just incredibly poorly written and directed.

>Tfw with the budget of one Goyer turd they could have financed like, 6 seasons of GL:TAS

FUCK why did you have to put this into perspective for me

>tfw no 6 years of tomorrow is Saturday

>Goyer
Every day they find ways to crush my hope.

DC aint gonna shitcan their Batcashmachine.

What angers me the most about the DCEU is that it somehow found a way to become the Batwank universe this time too.

All the public cares about anymore is the Batman solo movie and Harley Quinn. I have no hope that WW will change that.

WAKE ME UP!!!

>Goyer

K E K
E
K

>Lethal Weapon in space
guys seriously we're so fun you have no idea

>Goyer

Can anyone explain what's with the hate for Goyer ?

What did he do ? Did he cancel the animated series or was he involved in the last horrible liveaction movie ?

>What did he do
He was involved in the creation of Blade Trinity, Ghost Rider, The Unborn, Man of Steel, and Batman v Superman, all of which are complete shit.

Wow they're making a remake?

Is sinbad really this desperate?

>not Guy and Kyle

All I know is that he's some green alien whose clothes are apparently a part of him.

He pissed off a bunch of Martian Manhunter and She-Hulk fans and generally seems to have a disdain for super heroes, which is odd considering how many super hero movies he has had a hand in writing.

> David Goyer
>The new version is described as Lethal Weapon in space

Why is this so hard for them?

>David Goyer
>to write
>the script

youtu.be/sKbP-M8vVtw

m8 check out all of the films that he's been involved with, they're all trash

He was on JLA, he isn't a d list or something like that

It's a reference to something Goyer said at a panel. He asked the audience to raise their hands if they know who Martian Manhunter is, and then of those who had their hands raise how many were virgins.

Plenty of D-List characters were on the JLA.

Man, I thought this was about the cartoon. Fuck on out of here with DCEU bullshit

>Lethal Weapon in space

Is it going to be another R-rated edgefest

Don't talk shit about Lethal Weapon.

>Goyer

youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

They need to hire Ryan Reynolds.

Of course it is user. If you need to question it you seriously have to check your dognagged privilege.

Nothing. The movie was already tentatively slated for 2020. This is just confirmation that they're moving forward with a writing team and a story idea.

He would still be under contract depending on the agreement. However I very much doubt he signed a one film deal so as long as no clauses were broken he would be obligated to return

>I'm going to go ahead and say Batman solo isn't happening,

RETARD ALERT

>they're not talking about the cartoon

It's to get everyone who doesn't read comics to go "THE ORIGINAL GREEN LANTERN IS IN IT!?! SO PROGRESSIVE!"

You would not believe how many people I've met who think John stewart is the "original" GL because he was in the justice league cartoon

When the Ryan Reynolds movie was coming out there was a lot of straight up retards calling WB/DC racist for not using John. Hal and the rest don't actually exist and were created specifically for the movie.

>Would you rather have Goyer and Bay?
>Bay

Hell yes. Michael Bay is the perfect director for a Green Lantern movie.

>Hal Jordan and John Stewart are RED-BLOODED AMERICANS
>Hal Jordan is a HOTSHOT MILITARY PILOT
>John Stewart is a STOIC MARINE SNIPER
>They live in California, which is filled with PRETTY SUNSETS
>Hal has sex with lots of HOT WOMEN
>Hal has an ETHNIC WISECRACKING BEST FRIEND
>John deals with MARINE STUFF
>Their fellow Corpsmen are QUIRKY EXTRATERRESTRIAL ARCHETYPES.
>Their bosses are BUREAUCRATIC DICKS that are often PUT IN THEIR PLACE
>Their mentor turned enemy is a CONSERVATIVE MILITARY MAN GONE ASTRAY
>Hal has a BARELY LEGAL qt on the side.
>John was a SEXY FOREIGN alien babe on his D.
>Their powers are inherent to EXPLOSIONS and COOL CGI.
>The Star Sapphires are an army of SCANTILY-CLAD BABES who need BIG GREEN DICK
>The Red Lanterns are basically SPACE ISIS

Red Lanterns aren't ISIS. That'd be Sinestro.

Reds can be Russia.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he'd be a perfect for the material, but that all sounds very functional.

if only we were still in the cold war so russia could be russia and Guy could almost start WW3

Guy did do that in the 80's though.

Exactly.

>They’ve set David Goyer
Stopped reading, washing my hands of this.

>Goyer
He is literally the problem

That's because Man of Steel wasn't great and BvS was horrible save for Bats. He is literally the best thing about the DCEU right now.

>It sells

No it doesn't, it's a myth, blacks don't consume as much comic media as whites, it's literally just pandering

i want it ON screen