Storytime of memories:GLA 1-4+Special

Journey back with me Sup Forums, to a time when Dan Slott was considered a breath of fresh air, when Avengers hated Bendis for gutting the team, and a time where a Comedy book were not the norm. This is Great Lakes Avengers 1-4!

Also Squirrel Girl does not have downs syndrome.

This was solicited with someone dies every issue. Do you KNOW WHO!

I also feel books like these that make fun of the meta are some of the best to go back too, it really reminds you how different it was back then when like I said comedy was very rare in mainstream.

For a comedy book it does have nice continuity. Actually you know using it. Also anyone out there?

>GLA Quin-Jetta

Fuck me, that's a strong pun.

One of of my favorite gag with this characters.

They try so hard...

>Dinah is STILL dead

I forgot about all the deep cuts at both Marvel and DC, the urban myth thing was still there with Batman and it was getting ridiculous.

everyone make a big deal coming out...this comic does not care.

We're all 3 currently in teams when this was published?

Man it's weird to look at where these characters are now.

>Absorbed by Rogue
>Vanished after Spider Verse
>No idea
>Ultimates?
>New CA
>Avenger, again
>No idea
>No idea
>Alive, and still part of the X-Men
>Stop mattering right after Avengers Academy
>No idea, last I remember he was around before the incursion crap happened, but I don't think he's done anything since
>Owner of a bar

They actually were going to all be in New Avengers but besides that that Wolverine was already a huge X-men player he was on every team at the time, even if it was just for couple issues. Daredevil didn't make it in because Bendis wanted to give Ed Brubaker freedom on his DD run....dang that was weird to type. Also the only time MARVILLE was even acknowledge by another comic.

Shang-Chi will be in Totally Awesome Hulk's Asian Superhero team.

I hope it's good. I like Shang-Chi and to see him not brought out more it weird, he's Marvel only Asian lead to breach 100 issues. Not a small feat.

I hope it's good. I like Shang-Chi and to see him not brought out more it weird, he's Marvel only Asian lead to breach 100 issues. Not a small feat.

I really miss Anya, before they fucked her tremendously over.

>take her powers
>kill her dad
>maker her another Spider person
>giver her someone else's costume
>Let's taker

It's a consistent problem with peripheral character's like her who are well too out there from the original character they are based on. Spider-man never had a huge influence on her stories overall and because she's not a huge seller she ends up getting the shaft so can fit better. It's happening to Spider-gwen right now, with her being more in 616.

Well this is going to be fun....I was wondering when we would get to these pages....

First time I get to read this, keep it up!

Glad we got a new reader this was a really good mini and for better or worse is the reason why we have more Squirrel Girl...

Gasp, oh no! What will Sup Forums say?

Wasn't this in direct response to "Identity Crisis"?

yeah that book was a big deal at the time and I mean everyone was reading it. This was one of the first big backlashs towards it.

Also remember when Doctor Doom's armor was made from the skin of his dead girlfriend?.....I really enjoyed that story.

>Also remember when Doctor Doom's armor was made from the skin of his dead girlfriend?
What?

Well you see Doctor Doom made a deal with demons to become more powerful magically but to do it he have to sacrifice his last vestige of human love, so he sacrificed his Girlfriend and the demons made her into his armor.

You don't remember? I know it's bad form to post images in a storytime, but I think we can spare this page.

In this case I'm doing the mini and special so go for it. I might also do the first apperance for shit and giggles.

And remember, we can all thank the one and only MARK WAID for such a ~brilliant~ storyline!

I miss the days when he was not such an ass and actually could tell good stories. Man Champions was....rough.

Oh fucking kek that's good

My favorite page in the whole thing.

Top kek