Why is Sup Forums so buttmad about this show? I really like it, but I understand when one doesn't like it...

Why is Sup Forums so buttmad about this show? I really like it, but I understand when one doesn't like it, but literally any thread in which it gets mentioned someone will give an answer such as "SU is shit and you should go back to tumblr with your shit cartoon". Why so much hate?

Stop making these threads.

its literally re ddit

because liking something I don't like shows you have no taste and are a faggot

You mean tumblr

Hate is a norm on Sup Forums. So, nice bait.

It's literally just "Tumblr" Most have never seen the show. They just know it is popular on tumblr.

it's a show which is supposed to spread love and acceptance yet the fandom is a pile of shit that almost drove some fanartist to suicide

because its taken over the board. I'm on vacation right now so I'm on here more often than not and have noticed how many there are and its ridiculous. I'm assuming OP is baiting but there's actually ignorant SU fags here who don't understand this so I'm posting anyways.

Everything about it is cancer

This.

It has stylistic choices that irk more "traditional" fans of the medium as well as the fact that Sup Forums is inundated with this shit.
Itd get less hate if it werent everywhere on the board as well as fans treating it like its the greatest thing to hit animation as well as trolls shitposting with it.

I don't care much about the show but it is fucking annoying to have shitloads of threads about this show daily. and it is not even decent threads, usually only one them gets to reach the limit while the others just take space.

Because faggots like you can't stop making SU threads.

what show isn't popular on tumblr?

like seriously name one cartoon that is actually popular here that is unpopular there

Bait that people keep taking. Also autism.

Literally only because it got popular. Sup Forums is painfully contrarian, and no matter how much they actually love something they'll turn on it like a pack of starving wolves the second other people start to like it, too.

I've seen it happen a thousand times.

Hey can someone make another "I don't get why Sup Forums hates Steven Universe" thread? There's only like, 5 in the catalog.

1) Lots and lots of filler: That's something that really annoys fans of any story driven show. What could have been settled in one drags into 4 episodes(the Zoo)

2)So many fucking threads: The more popular something gets, the more it gets shoved in the faces of those who don't care/don't like it. Indifference becomes hatred and hatred becomes rage. So when a fafillion threads for SU show up on Sup Forums expect a lot of vitriol.

3)Something something tumblr: A boy that saves they day by crying and a bunch of lesbian rocks. Someone's getting triggered.

4)SO MUCH CRYING: Seriously if you took every seen with someone with the waterworks turned up, you'd probably have half the entire show's runtime. Enough with the sadness, it's getting really old.

because Sup Forums is insecure as hell, and also paranoid

it thinks that anything that is even a tiny bit more left leaning than Moonman is going to transform then into rainbow haired SJW cucks

Yeah that makes sense if you don't think. At all.

At
all

that has nothing to do with it you fuckwad. ever heard the phrase out of sight out of mind? if there wasn't 20 SU threads daily maybe people wouldn't get annoyed by it. and no, we can't filter it because SU fags like to avoid putting the name of the show in the OPs so its impossible for any of them to be filtered out. everytime a SU fag has a question about the show they feel the need to make a thread for it. why the hell can't they just ask them in already made SU threads? there's always at least 3 active threads so why do they have to post new ones just to ask basic questions? "do gems have ears? "do gems magic"? It's annoying as fuck. it has nothing to do with the subject matter of the show, its because its cancerous. the SJW crap is just an added bonus.

That's not really SUs fault though. It's just that there's no cartoon airing right now with the capability of generating as much discussion as you can do with a show like SU. With SU you can talk about waifus, lore, make easy bait threads that people will reply to and so on. If there were more popular cartoons airing right now, the same thing would happen to them. I remember when Rick and Morty season 2 aired there were at least 20 threads a day about it.

>there isn't anything else so that excuses spamming unnecessary random question and waifu worsip threads that are essentially just spam and shitposting

gotta love SU fag logic. literally will say anything to defend their shit show and fandom.

It's boring and wildly inconsistent.
Only homestuck-tier fujos seem to like it.
But unlike the homestuck people you guys like to hammer Sup Forums with threads even after you get told to fuck off. It's a little bothersome.

Yeah basically if there were more good cartoons people would give less a shit of SU is what I'm saying.

But there isn't.

People keep shoving it down my throat as one of the most profound shows ever and suggest I stick through it even when it is painful to sit through.

(OP) #
Steven is old enough to be in high school but he acts like a retard.

The world building is undeveloped and uncreative as fuck. You know what the name of the city they live in by the beach is called? Beachcity. You know what the gem homeworld is called? Gem Homeworld

The animation is one of the worst possible, regularly missing the basic of animation.

Also the abomination which is Steven and Amethyst's fusion is fucking disgusting. Also the whole concept of them fusing based on the whole sexual nature of it is even worse.

in all seriousness though, this is a horrible argument. I know what you're saying. I used to browse Sup Forums up until when TFA came out and SW and Sheev shitposting invaded the board. but see, shitposting is STILL shitposting. cancer threads are STILL cancer. it doesn't excuse shit. I've seen other SU fans use this same argument before. its still annoying. period.

See >

Sup Forums is desperate for a new MLP and this fits all of its stupid and asinine criteria.

You mean 9gag.

I see what you're saying and I agree, but shitposting comes from both sides. There are people who make constant threads shitting on the show and then people get upset at SU fans when people who don't like the show are the ones who are making threads about it?

You mean it satisfies their autism.

so you have never been the East Coast of the USA have you?

Beach City is a pretty accurate name, there are literally hundreds of towns all along that coast, just like the one in the show, crappy little towns with crappy little boardwalks all with crappy little names like Beach City or Ocean City or some other uncreative name, it would actually be in the category of unrealistic for the town not to be named something like this

It's just a vocal minority. Sup Forums likes comics and cartoons.

The simplest way of testing understanding is to repeat the words that they have just said. This tests that you have heard correctly.

Parroting is particularly useful when they have said something that does not immediately make sense to you -- this lets them hear what they have said and allows them to revise what they have said.

Some people are habitual parrots, regularly repeating words to encourage others or maybe vocalizing what they are repeating in their heads. They often do not realize that doing this can be rather annoying.

Note that parroting is a reflection first of content, rather than meaning.

In their defense they're only a reactionary form of shitposting which would never had seen the light of vitrual day if SU shitposters hadn't came into the picture first. Its unfair to blame the reactionaries for what they're reacting to.

The obsessed fans (making waifu shrines and all that) and obsessed haters (making falseflags just to get the show banned) are two sides of the same coin. Try to avoid/ignore both and just enjoy the show.

It's a vicious cycle. I'm sure once this show is over it'll happen to another show that becomes popular.

This is why, OP. Steven universe is just the new MLP. The new hot meme show that's fashionable for.all.the edgy 16 year olds to hate to an autistic extent even though they have never seen it.

They say they have watched it, and by that they mean they have watched some.neckbeard on YouTube make retarded reasons.why its bad while.cherry picking scenes.that seem to.support his claims out of context.

To the rest of the internet, steven universe fans and bronies are the same thing. Even Barney Fag doesnt differentiate anymore, and bombs.Steven universe threads

T. 5 year Horsefucker who.has been watching steven universe from the.start

You mean Funnyjunk.

You mean ifunny.

I don't know why people act like this show is so deep and worth sitting through the legions of townie episodes and horrible character designs to get to the supposedly good stuff.

I don't find the lore interesting, I find it hard to care for any characters but Pearl and Greg. I find the fight sequences uninteresting, I find the humor to be cringey. I really don't get the appeal of this show.

Star VS. the Forces of Evil may not be as deep or profound as Steven Universe, but it is a hell of a lot more interesting than it.

Also Star's protagonists don't make me want to fucking kill myself

Steven's IQ is squarely around room temperature

The overall plot seems okay, but the actual writing is getting progressively more terribad. Character personalities are overplayed, the song lyrics make Daft Punk sound like Queen, and it's starting to become obvious that simple pacing details are just getting ignored.
The "Greg gets abducted" arc triggered my autism so badly that I went and did the ship speed calculations and figured out that the writers can't even do basic math.

getting through season one of Star was way harder than getting through season 1A of SU, season one of Star had literally 2 good episodes

like way too much of season 1 was spent on characters that were literally cut and never mentioned again in season 2 they were so bad

I disagree:

1. The character design was better.
2. I prefer its tone way more
3. The action scenes are better put together
4. I prefer its random world design

>It has stylistic choices that irk more "traditional" fans of the medium
Bullshit, it's one of the few comics nowadays that's actually drawn rather than Flash or toonboom crap. If what you were saying was in any way true, shows like Star Vs. and The Loud house would get way more heat.

ok, we can just disagree then, your opinions seems valid even if I disagree with them

personally I recommend a lot of shows to friends when I think they are good, I recommended SU early on, given I didn't start watching til season 1A had finished, but I suggested it to a number of friends once I did, I didn't recommend Star Vs to anyone based on season 1 though, I honestly think if you compare those two SU was clearly better

>who.has been watching steven universe from the.start

Then you should know you're full of shit and these are the real reasons why people hate it

It is boring to me and I feel that it is crucial that a work of entertainment actually entertains. I would even rather have something I find irritating than something I find boring.

Most of what Steven Universe is trying to do I can find better in other shows. IMO if someone doesn't like the character designs and townie episodes in Steven Universe, then I would actually suggest skipping on the show.

I am a massive MLP fan who recently tried to watch SU. I think MLP is has a better presentation and handles slice of life far better as well.

ah but are even Lars and Sadie episodes actually worse than CMC episodes?

the answer is no, because Lars and Sadie episodes are at least over in about 10 minutes while CMC episodes last around 20

their characters are way better influence on children considering they act like young women

Steven acts like he has an extra chromosome

I like the CMC episodes, their childish antics have a cute charm to them. I like most of MLP season 6 even more notoriously bad episodes like "The Cart Before the Ponies". Presentation is not something that should be overlooked in an animated series.

I'm glad you like the show. You seem to be tunneling too hard on the negative comments.

The show has a lot exploitable elements that people like to spam to drum up some controversy and arguments.

Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, but I liked coming to Sup Forums for watch/discussion threads back when we used to livewatch the episodes instead of waiting for the leaked episodes to be uploaded.

yes well it would be nice to CN would stop leaking the episodes

Because it turns Sup Forums into Sup Forums and SU fans into Tumblrina. Thanks to stereotypes.

Sup Forums needs to create a /cog/ board.
Sup Forums has a general board. That way this board won't be full of SU stuff anymore. /trash/ is full of furry shit. A Sup Forums general board is a much better way to contain this kind of stuff.

We aren't. We just like to shitpost.

Or you faggots could just stop being autistic and stay in your general in trash until your general is allowed back to Sup Forums. You know, something that won't cost Sup Forums more money.

Like the show but people on Sup Forums don't like the show taking up too many threads. Limiting the threads to just /sug/ is a good idea. The threads would decrease that way. Those threads are put in /trash/ though. A Sup Forums general might be a good idea.

Reminder
I don't even really like this show anyways btw

Stop saying that.
It's a complete misrepresentation of the facts.
A bunch of angry tumblrites bullied a girl that one time.
It's not "the fans", it's like half a dozen crybullies on tumblr.
During peak hours /sug/ has more than a hundred times that number in posters alone.
And nobody has done anything similar since while the crewniverse put their foot down for allowing all fanart and not shitting on artists.
The most venomous thing regular to the fandom is waifufags.

do you have the rest?

Maybe enter the discussion over there.

>your fandom nearly drove a girl to suicide
>oh come on, it was only that one time!

there is no discussion. it's just the same people posting the same thing in every thread. they just paraphrase when they enter a new thread. i'll start taking screenshots for you faggots if you really need this to be proven.
same posts
same opinions
same pictures
same dogshit design the pilot was better fite me irl oh yeah you're a little bitch lol

No shit, its just transparent shitposting 95% of the time.

Then they brigaded so hard they caused one of the writers to delete her twitter and essentially cut off all contact with social media.
Because of shipping.

They tried to ruin a woman's career over shipping. A "small minority" couldn't do that much work.

>It's literally a non-statement

>Sup Forums likes comics and cartoons

> It's just that there's no cartoon airing right now with the capability of generating as much discussion as you can do with a show like SU.

Bojack did and it managed to keep themselves contained. Autist universe fans can't do that.

SU is shit and you should go back to tumblr with your shit cartoon

Zuke is an unstable child who can't handle fame.
And don't you start acting like SU fans are any worse than people who made other celebs ragequit social media.
Seriously, everyone gets yelled at by morons online. Youtubers with twn subscribers get trolled and threatened.
It's the inevitable result of public availability.

There's a lot of reasons, but I'll give you the main ones

SU tries to be a drama, but tries to put Elementary school esque humor in the most awkward of places, and the action stops and starts more than a 16 year old learning to drive a car.

SU tries to be a comedy, but it has crying in the weirdest places. There are some episodes I genuinely cannot tell if it's supposed to be drama, comedy or horror. Some of the episodes seem like they switched writers part of the way in.

SU tries to have major arcs, but has too many filler episodes that don't explore the characters more in depth. There are times when the same characters acts completely differently in a very similar situation, without any change shown in between.

SU tries to have silly episodes, but they just kind of meander until they're over.

SU tries to show character growth, but the main characters fluctuate between responsible mature people and retards, with no explanation.
>Steven is occupied with crying fruit and stuffed animals one day, and is discussing obsession with an alien over 500 years old another

SU has problems which are built up to be terrible things, but then they're just solved like that, as if the writers couldn't think of a solution or proper ending, and just wanted it to go away.

SU has neat concepts, which are discussed for an episode or two and then they're just dropped, and quietly hide in the background just enough to make you think they're going to come back.

>cont

(OP)
Basically, SU seems like it’s trying to be everything, which isn’t a sin. A;TLA had elements pun intended of drama, comedy, slice of life, action and fantasy. What Avatar had that SU doesn’t though, is a point. Just about every episode of Avatar served a purpose, whether worldbuilding, character building, or plot advancement. Even the worst episodes like The Great Divide or Avatar Day went to showing the purpose of the Avatar. The most pointless like Nightmares and Daydreams or Tales of Ba Sing Se showed the state of characters mind or personalities.

SU is like the kid growing up who had the best toys, only to show them off, and that’s what rustles my jimmies and gets my goat the most. It could have gone down as one of the greats, if it had just taken the time to explore the world and characters a little bit more. Is fusing a very personal bond, as the early episodes suggest? Nope, pretty much anyone can do it! Is Pearl dangerously obsessed with the memory of Rose? Nope, only when it’s convenient! Does Lapis have issues with being held prisoner twice? Nope, she’s fine and hanging with Peridot! Does Peridot have trouble coping with how she abandoned homeworld? Nope, and she loves Earth so much! Is there any repercussions to the cluster? Nope, they just needed someone to talk to! Does Greg feel inadequate compared to the gems? Do the gems feel inadequate compared to him? Nope, everyone’s peachy, except when they’re not! Do the people of Beach City have lives? Only if Steven, a 14 year old, needs to solve the problems of adults! Steven and Amethyst expressed some real self doubt; is that ever dealt with? Nope, they’re just told they’re fine!

>cont

>inB4 u mad?
Yes, I’m mad. We’re here everyday talking about what it would be cool to make and see. Sugar got that chance to have her own show, and she pissed it away, for brownie points at best. I can’t find any evidence of ‘oh, we wanted to do it, but corporate wouldn’t let us’. Do you know how many creators would have killed for that kind of freedom? McGruder [Boondocks], McCracken [Wander over Yonder] ,Weisman [gargoyles], Faust [Tiny Equines], Tartakovsky [Sym-Biolinc Titan], Vasquez [Invader Zim], Spider man cartoons, Green Lantern, the list goes on and on.

Steven Universe could have been great. Instead, we got cries for attention and false promises. And now we have to listen to everyone praise it because it matches the current progressive ideas.

And it'll be left in the dust when the next cause comes marching along.

I don't care one way or another about the show itself, but the fan base is garbage, which leads to not wanting to even entertain any discussion about the show.

>And nobody has done anything similar since while the crewniverse put their foot down for allowing all fanart and not shitting on artists.

Except that wasn't even the only time that has happened. A more extreme example was the Keystone Motel prank that got several people fired because of it.

it takes us 2-5 days to hit a 500 count bump limit, vg gets their own board because they can hit 700 bump limit in a single day

/cog/ would be a ghost town that puts /tg/ to shame

>doesn't like loli horses

The slice of life is the worst part of the show, ponies do it better, because they are actually fun to watch, they are the main focus of the show, its the opposite of steven universe, where mlp "story" finales are.the.worst.

Just show me my.cute waifu.doing.cute.horse.things.while I.cry and.contemplate killing myself because ill never be with her ;_;

this but also,

5. Sugar and her band of merry tumblrites. One of the most toxic influences on is the staff itself. Sugar especially loves to cram that "I think i'm a quirky nerd who likes anime and video games" bullshit into the show with references. It's insufferable and insulting.